PDA

View Full Version : TOP GEAR BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT REVIEW

Jabba
11-11-2003, 10:20 AM
http://216.120.243.141/~kscreat/video%20features/Top%20Gear%20Bentley%20Continental%20GT.zip

TT
11-11-2003, 10:21 AM
And third one in a row!! :D

BADMIHAI
11-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Is Jabba on a video posting frenzy? :) Don't stop, I don't mind. I'm home all day today. It seems this flue won't leave me alone. :) BTW: THe constant speed is 110kb/s, which is not bad at all. Thanks! I'll post a review later today.

Jabba
11-11-2003, 10:26 AM
I am home as well today suffering from something similar...but I will have to go into the office shortly so thats the last video for now.

BADMIHAI
11-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Bentley Continental GT

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/roadtests/images/rt03continentalgt01.jpg

http://www.freeweb.hu/carpage/backgrounds/h0210223.jpg

..in case you don't know how this bad boy looks like :)

It has a 6L. W12 TT engine pushing 550 BHP. It also has the VW AWD system. I'm asuming he's talking about 4motion.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=7063 <---Car and Driver's oppinion

Clarkson took it to Devon. He passes by Stonehenge...while overtaking like a madman.

"You simply ease the gear lever into S, for Star Trek Warp Factor Mode, and then engage the turbos....wooooooh...hahahhahaah" Clarkson while overtaking a caravan. :)

"I can't tell you how quick this is!"

So the Continental GT has luxury, style, and it's a mean mother of a car.

"It has the biggest brakes ever fitted to any car"
The car was styled by a Belgian, but it looks damn good!
Clarkson seems a little bit disappointed with the interior. He also says he likes the Continental's bigger, older brother, the Arnage.

At the end he reaches his final destination, Budleigh Salterton, on the English Riviera, a town which he compares to the Bentley Continental GT: overpriced, and boring...lacking excitement.
I just love how Clarkson can take the car to a place that he thinks suits it. Like he did with the M3 CSL, when he took it to Ile of Man, where there are no speed limits, and it's like a little Hollywood. I think over the years, Clarkson has developed style. He used to be all jokes (which was good and funny), but now he is alot better, and has more style.

ghost rida
11-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Pretty nice aerodynamics, like the colour. 8)
It's called Moonbeam, I guess!?

initiala4
11-11-2003, 01:06 PM
chking it out now......!

Minacious
11-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Is Jabba on a video posting frenzy?

My thoughts exactly. I get one vid, than I see another, and another...

Good stuff Jabba. This is the reason I tell close friends to come to this no nonsense sight that keeps its members drenched in the good stuff.

Sick Boy
11-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Yes, just like Jeremy said, it's a big VW. I definetly hate this car, it's just a Phaeton coupe.
And I thought The Stig would take it to the track.

deth
11-11-2003, 03:33 PM
thanks for the vid jabba..but i'm getting "file not found"

BADMIHAI
11-11-2003, 03:35 PM
thanks for the vid jabba..but i'm getting "file not found"

I think he took the vids off the server.

Johns
11-11-2003, 03:54 PM
shit Im late!

SplitVision8
11-11-2003, 05:03 PM
i have always thought that the rear looked very much like the vanqiush and the styling looks good but too similar to an aston, audi or super volkswagen coupe.

the best part was when clarkson was passing those slow fucks on the road and mentioniong, "you only need the slightest gap" damn that car has power.

its true, it looks good performs great and even though a bit cramped in the inside its agreat car but not bentley enough. for me the looks arent bentley enough.

jinmin803
11-11-2003, 05:13 PM
oh no! I'm late... ug... I saw that it was up at school, and waited until I got home, and I guess Jabba already took it down... I was really looking foward to seeing it, since it's one of my favorite cars.

twboy1999
11-11-2003, 05:14 PM
me 2 late for the linki

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jinmin803
11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I wonder if it's going to be back up again... :(

BADMIHAI
11-11-2003, 05:27 PM
It's going to be up...at RacingFlix. Jabba threw them another bone so Awais will post it probabily tomorrow.

jinmin803
11-11-2003, 05:35 PM
woohoo~by the way, is everything the same with the A group and the B group? I'm still confused by this weekends happenings...

BADMIHAI
11-11-2003, 05:39 PM
woohoo~by the way, is everything the same with the A group and the B group? I'm still confused by this weekends happenings...

Obviously not. Stop bothering the administration. I think they're busy tweaking up the server and brainstorming about the future of this site.
Just wait and we'll see what happens.

FoxFour
11-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Jabba, is this going to be on RacingFlix?

Chaos in 1983!
11-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Ahhhh com on!!!!!!! not again....my d/l was at 91% this time....FUCK!, I have the worst luck ever man...this has happend to me twice, please please please Jabba, put it up again...please....I want the last 9% of this vid....please

SplitVision8
11-11-2003, 07:26 PM
if he made special preferences for you then he would have to make some for everyone. i missed the shoot out dvd but thats the way it goes.

Chaos in 1983!
11-11-2003, 08:02 PM
yeah I know... :( I'll try on the request/offer section...

Jabba
11-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Well this is the problem of not having a "protected group" if I leave this link up then it is usually posted on somewhere like www.supercars.net and I can then say goodbye to 25 GB of bandwidth in a few hours as its spread across the internet.

I will see if I can find someone that will host these feature videos after I remove them from my servers...they should also be on racing flix over the next few days but I am aware the speed on there can be quite slow sometimes...

haha604
11-11-2003, 09:08 PM
What about using bit torrent to share the vids? This way Jabba can save a lot of bandwidth and the videos can be shared. If we keep the BT link within a certain group of members, then the BT link won't be abused. We members can be seeds after we finish for like 12 hours to help spread the file. THis is just a suggestion, as it seems Jabba and the mods may have come up with a solution.

ANyway thx for the vid Jabba. I can never get enough of Top Gear. The Bentley is not my type of car (way too expensive for me, and too elderly for my taste), though seeing it in action is quite fun.

Chaos in 1983!
11-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Jabba, I know you must be really pissed by all the crap that went on this weekend, but can't we just leave it behind and try to get the site back to normal? I mean most of the users think the site was fine just as it was....I know it's a lot of work, but is there a chance we'll see JW the way it use to be again? I more than happy to help with anything I can....

Jabba
11-11-2003, 09:41 PM
What about using bit torrent to share the vids? This way Jabba can save a lot of bandwidth and the videos can be shared. If we keep the BT link within a certain group of members, then the BT link won't be abused. We members can be seeds after we finish for like 12 hours to help spread the file. THis is just a suggestion, as it seems Jabba and the mods may have come up with a solution.

ANyway thx for the vid Jabba. I can never get enough of Top Gear. The Bentley is not my type of car (way too expensive for me, and too elderly for my taste), though seeing it in action is quite fun.

If you want to arrange that for THESE videos only or any that I put into "General Chat" that I consider to be "PUBLIC" as they are hosted on Racing Flix as well...then go right ahead.

PATo355
11-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Bit Torrent wont work , since to get a decent speed you need a lot of people downloading it and with the program open , since not THAT many ppl download this videos , i think it wont work .

Mercedes5CLR
11-11-2003, 10:01 PM
I missed it. Jabba can you please turn it back on thanks.

Mercedes5CLR

TT
11-11-2003, 10:03 PM
LOL, dude, you sure can speak pretty straight :) if the videos where removed there is a reason (bandwidth)...

PATo355
11-11-2003, 10:05 PM
*MIRRORS*
Ok , talked to Jabba , and here you have a 2nd chance to get the videos

READ FIRST
Just use Internet Explorer or Getright , wont support multiple logins , Links will be up for one week .

http://pato.allphotoalbum.com/Top%20Gear%20Bentley%20Continental%20GT.zip
http://www.flatout-world.net/jw/Top%2520Gear%2520Bentley%2520Continental%2520GT.zi p

DO NOT POST THE LINKS OUTSIDE THIS FORUM , teh servers log the referrers and also the ips .

KaBlookie
11-12-2003, 12:46 PM
thanx for hosting em man, much appreciated!!

I actually really like this car. Aside from the fact that it costs a LOT :roll: , I think it's a really good move for Bently, to build a fast, powerful coupe.

ferrari550
11-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Great video from top gear this week, i like the bentley very much, an all wheel drive 550hp gt, sounds amazing. At one point in the video he said it was faster than a 575? a 575 does 0-60 in 4.2 and tops out at 202 mph, while jeremy even said that the bentley does 0-60 in 4.7 and tops out at 198mph, thats a bit iffy??
the top speed from bentlry is also wrong because in one of the magazines that i have, there is a picture of it doing 206mph, can someone explain why car manufacturers under estimate the speeds of their cars?

jinmin803
11-12-2003, 01:24 PM
What a car! I'm surprised that JC didn't like it that much. I remember in the second series, where the three hosts were arguing over who's going to be reviewing the car. That got my anticipaiton up, and I was hoping that JC was going to like it, but I guess not. It my lack the presence, and the x-factor of it's big brother, but certainly an amazing car.

maalox
11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Great video from top gear this week, i like the bentley very much, an all wheel drive 550hp gt, sounds amazing. At one point in the video he said it was faster than a 575? a 575 does 0-60 in 4.2 and tops out at 202 mph, while jeremy even said that the bentley does 0-60 in 4.7 and tops out at 198mph, thats a bit iffy??
the top speed from bentlry is also wrong because in one of the magazines that i have, there is a picture of it doing 206mph, can someone explain why car manufacturers under estimate the speeds of their cars?

That's an indicated 206 mph. Most instruments are only accurate to within +- 5% of indicated figures. Often cars indicate slightly higher speeds to reduce speeding (I seem to remember most BMWs do this for example).

SL55 AMG
11-12-2003, 09:48 PM
WOW...The more i see of this car, especially in action the more i love it!!! JC gives a complete review on this machine in his typical fashion, makng everything so much better. He praises the POWER involved however states it feels like a big VW. The whole 575M beating performance was a little confusing but hey theres no doubt it is insanly fast. I wish the stig drove it (or does he?) but when i watched it, it did seem to just end, so not to sure i i got the whole thing. I think this is one of JC better reveiws, just wish there was a little 'Play time' like the Arnage episode :D

Thanks again for the Vid guys, simply awsome!

possessed_beaver
11-13-2003, 02:36 AM
pretty good video, but why diden't the steg thrash the living crap out of it?

troskap
11-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Just saw the video. Maaaan. I have seen the future feature car in rap videos, and it be the Continental GT :P Actually, it seems to be quite the car, if you're looking for that land yacht with grunt and power. And faster than a 575M, I can believe. Now, around a corner, on the other hand.... :)