PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Elise vs. C5 'Vette at Nurburgring

FoxFour
11-09-2003, 02:14 PM
It gets real interesting near the middle of the video, then the top end power of the Corvette just takes over. God, just love that Elise!
http://www.smudo.com/smudo/bigdata/elise_vs_corvette.mpg

TT
11-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Yeh, a classy vid, around for a while, to show power is not everything :D

dis3as3d
11-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Yeh, a classy vid, around for a while, to show power is not everything :D

Were we watching the same video, that was a STREET Corvette vs a RACING Elise and that Elise still lost. The Elise may have been alittle quicker in the twisties but not enough to pass him. The corvette hit that back straight and that was the last the Elise ever saw of him.

robruf
11-10-2003, 10:28 PM
That was a good driver in the Vette, but the driver of the racing Elise surprised me a bit by his lack of proper downshifting, he missed at least 6 /7 shifts where he could have caught the Vette, but as soon as the Vette got on the straight, it just pulled away. The driver of the Elise just shrugged is shoulders as he knew that there was nothing more that he could do.

SilverPhoenix
11-11-2003, 10:54 PM
a better example is that video in the stock elise passing the stock F40 lol, this is a gr8 video, the C5 did quite good IMO

biff19_a
11-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Well i guess you could say power isn't everything... that is until the back straight and all you see is the corvette disappear into the distance and the driver of the lotus just runs out of gears.. Great flick.. seen it from along time ago

alondahan
11-12-2003, 08:00 AM
a better example is that video in the stock elise passing the stock F40 lol, this is a gr8 video, the C5 did quite good IMO

I have that vid but the elise is turbocharched, and it doesn't pass the F40.