PDA

View Full Version : C5 Z06 will walk a 360CS in a roll on...

RC45
06-23-2005, 08:31 PM
... doubt this fact?

A video is worth a thouand excuses.. :P

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=ucs_vs_gz06&width=800

nurbrun
06-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Finally RC45 has got proof of his point. A Z06 really can beat a CS in a straight line :D. congrats RC45 :D

RC45
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Finally RC45 has got proof of his point. A Z06 really can beat a CS in a straight line :D. congrats RC45 :D

Don't cry when you see the on-track proof.. ;)

nurbrun
06-23-2005, 09:17 PM

Don't cry when you see the on-track proof.. ;)

i will need to see that to belive it :roll:

dutchmasterflex
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
:shock: that sound is to die for.

nice to see the z06 easily murder that prancing horse in acceleration... the CS even got the jump.

is the Z06 C6 for sale already? I cant wait to see this baby on the track..

RC45
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
No - the C6 Z06 isn't on sale yet - the first deliveries are rumoured to be around October. But who knows - there is so much PR crap surrounding this launch it is very irritating... hehe.

bmagni
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
is it stock ? :roll:

Minacious
06-23-2005, 09:58 PM
That Ferrari got owned like it was bought from the store. :D

SFDMALEX
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry but I were did you get the idea that its a CS?

Edit- my bad I saw the stripe.

Oh well :roll:

SFDMALEX
06-23-2005, 10:06 PM
is it stock ? :roll:

Who gives a shit? Was like 2 cars length between, make it 3, translate that into time and its .1 of a sec, :roll:

RC45
06-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Both cars have after market exhausts. And for the record, I posted the video here just to stir things up... ;) -- Feel free to post a video of a Ferrari whooping up on a Z06 anytime you want (if you can find one ;) heheh :P)

You know I still care hehehe :P

TransAm
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Sod getting a 993, RC, wanna sell? :lol:

RC45
06-23-2005, 10:38 PM

I keep telling people - this car is like Gixxer of super performance cars.

Costs nothing & goes like stink.. :)

Sure theres a lot to be said for being able to pull up ina Porsche or Ferrari or Lambo - but not many of us will get the chance to own the top of the line form those marques, so you end up settling for a 348 or a 993 etc... and although they can talk the talk (or strike the pose) - those cars just cannot walk the walk in this day and age... so you sit on the sidelines or just bring up the rear of the group on a cruise.

Or - you just say "Fuck it - Betty Sue I's agonna sell the doublewide and buys me a Z06!! :P" hehe

I have to admit, it's a nice feeling knowing that the only cars you could come across that can seriously whoop your arse are those costing so much you seldom see them and when you do they are on their way to the opera.. ;) --- or modded version of your own kind :)

Of course if you have the cash you get all three - but as I say - for every chief there 1000,000 of us indians.

SFDMALEX
06-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Both cars have after market exhausts. And for the record, I posted the video here just to stir things up... ;) -- Feel free to post a video of a Ferrari whooping up on a Z06 anytime you want (if you can find one ;) heheh :P)

You know I still care hehehe :P

Sorry Ferrari drivers dont find the need to make a video about beating a Chevy....

Its the Vette drivers that make movies about "I SMOKED A FERRARI"

Quite flattering, you take so much pride in beating a Ferrari you make movies about it lol :lol: :lol:

:wink:

RC45
06-23-2005, 10:42 PM

Quite flattering, you take so much pride in beating a Ferrari you make movies about it lol :lol: :lol:

Au contraire mon ami - they video tape themselvs al the time - you just never see the "loser reels" ;)

SFDMALEX
06-23-2005, 10:42 PM

Au contraire mon ami - they video tape themselvs al the time - you just never see the "loser reels" ;)

Prove it :wink:

sentra_dude
06-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Ahhahahaha, that Vette sounds badass, a lot better than stock. And who would put an aftermarket exhaust on a CS?! I've heard those at the track and they are freakin loud with the stock exhaust! :P

T-Bird
06-23-2005, 11:52 PM

I keep telling people - this car is like Gixxer of super performance cars.

Costs nothing & goes like stink.. :)

Sure theres a lot to be said for being able to pull up ina Porsche or Ferrari or Lambo - but not many of us will get the chance to own the top of the line form those marques, so you end up settling for a 348 or a 993 etc... and although they can talk the talk (or strike the pose) - those cars just cannot walk the walk in this day and age... so you sit on the sidelines or just bring up the rear of the group on a cruise.

Or - you just say "Fuck it - Betty Sue I's agonna sell the doublewide and buys me a Z06!! :P" hehe

I have to admit, it's a nice feeling knowing that the only cars you could come across that can seriously whoop your arse are those costing so much you seldom see them and when you do they are on their way to the opera.. ;) --- or modded version of your own kind :)

Of course if you have the cash you get all three - but as I say - for every chief there 1000,000 of us indians.

I've got an article here in this months Muscle Mustang Fast Ford about street racing in your very own Houston and there seems to be alot of VERY impressive cars stomping your streets and not too many imports (anything non-us) that can match them.

qt50006
07-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Ferrari must STOP F1 gears :oops:

gucom
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
and why is that? if the system works fine, and people want it, why stop it? is it unfair to the others lol :lol: anywayz im wondering how a (c6) z06 would do against a 430...

dons5
08-02-2005, 03:11 PM
ok that vette isnt even stock u can tell

Shinigami
08-02-2005, 04:10 PM
99% of the population would still take that Ferrari, as would I.

Why? Because Ferrari is a legend, which the Vette will never be...

SPEEDKILLAR
08-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Bwaaahahahahaahhaahaha :lol: Keep on trying :roll: :sleeping:

JiggaStyles09
08-02-2005, 04:36 PM

lol ok

what exactly constitutes a legend? its only been around for 50+ years and has a very strong following among american car enthusiasts. its one of the most recognized names in american performance/racing. its a legend in my book.

astonmartinandy
08-03-2005, 04:30 AM
A Z06 really can beat a CS in a straight line :D.

Bring on the twisties :lol:

Shinigami
08-03-2005, 05:29 AM

lol ok

what exactly constitutes a legend? its only been around for 50+ years and has a very strong following among american car enthusiasts. its one of the most recognized names in american performance/racing. its a legend in my book.
The Ferrari brand name is recognised the world over.

It has a strong image, a real racing heritage.

The Vette has none of this (people in Europe and Asia absolutely do not give a poop about the car), exactly the reason why the only place it is seen as a legend, is in the states, where cars were bought for their straight line performance. Pushrod engines can only do so much until you realise that there's more to the car then that.

Granted, the new Z06 is (on paper) a really good car. I will not argue against this, and it may very well beat hundreds of other supercars out there, but there is a very good reason why names such as Ferrari have been engrained in the minds of man. The very reason why a Ferrari will always cost more, will always fetch more, and will always be more sought after then the mass produced Vette's.

Ferrari's may not even be the fastest cars in the world, but this doesn't matter much, because the 'supposedly' fastest street legal car in the world (Koenigsegg) is in exactly the same rut as the Vette. It is not revered after in the same way as a Ferrari is. For most people I know, the Egg is just another car, whilst the F cars are not called cars at all, they just go by the brand name of Ferrari.

Just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt :)

dingo
08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Who cares really, the Ferrari still looks better, sounds better and is probably faster around a track. :D

Oh and its just "CS", not a 360CS from what Ferrari have published. :wink:

JiggaStyles09
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
The Vette has none of this (people in Europe and Asia absolutely do not give a poop about the car), exactly the reason why the only place it is seen as a legend, is in the states, where cars were bought for their straight line performance. Pushrod engines can only do so much until you realise that there's more to the car then that.

you refer to ferrari as if its some kind of automotive god that no other brand can even think to compare to. the vette is much more than a straight line performer and most people are aware of this. its a sports car not just a 1/4 mile dragster and the "old tech" pushrod seems to get the job done so i dont see the problem with it.

The very reason why a Ferrari will always cost more, will always fetch more, and will always be more sought after then the mass produced Vette's.

so because it costs more that means it must be better? i didnt say the vette was more desireable to anybody than a ferrari, what someone likes is just a matter of taste. but to say that ferrari is legend and the vette wont ever be is a pretty bold statement just because a ferrari cost more and uses DOHC instead of "ancient" pushrods.

For most people I know, the Egg is just another car, whilst the F cars are not called cars at all, they just go by the brand name of Ferrari

yea right the "egg" is just another car. might as well be a kia, or a vette, or some other car that isnt a ferrari right? im sure if one pulled up in your driveway you would be drooling all over it just like most everyone else would. :wink:

but thats fine of you dont like it, i dont really care if you would want one or not. thats a matter of someones taste and im not here to change your taste in cars. but dont disrespect the vette and act like it cant be compared to the likes of an F car just because its another piece of american garbage.

JiggaStyles09
08-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Jesus Jigga, calm down. Shinri said it more then once that the Z06 will be a good car, avavable of beating Ferraris, and you're still saying "so because it costs more that means it must be better?"

sorry :oops: i didnt mean for my post to sound so angry or anything i guess i need to include more :P and :) and :lol:'s. but i just thought his post sounded like it was downing on the vette because its not F car material and i got a little fired up. :P

TeflonTron
08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
The 'vette isn't F-Car material, and that's a fact. The Corvette is a Poor man's Ferrari. It may well be fast and powerful, but that doesn't give it "class".

5vz-fe
08-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Why does anyone have to label something a poor man's version of something? Vette is a Vette, 360/430 is a 360/430. I am sure a Vette owner will be as satisfied as a Ferrari owner with his car. It's all about personal preference, taste and turn ons (brand name, sound of engine, performance, value, shape, handling ....etc). Alot of Z06 owners can easily afford a 360/430, and they still buy a Vette, there's gotta be a reason for that rite? So please stop arguing on a topic that we all know will not have a final answer.

pharzo
08-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Ferrari are a legend and have proven themself for decades in international racing, the Vette are also a legend but not international

Well this is just the nature of the whole thing...

You consider races to be "international" when they are held in Europe, so Ferrari have prestige in Europe. Vette's proved themselves both in Europe and in the States. LeMans anyone?

I may be wrong, but apart from F1, does Ferrari even race in the States?

Imagine if you had a blind fold on, and you didn't know who YOU were. Then two cars were described to you. The major difference's you heard were materials used, and a major price difference. Now, not knowing if you're European or American, who do you choose?

It's hard for people to be objective about this, because Ferrari is much more legendary in Europe, whereas the Vette is more unknown. And when attention is brought to it, it is always something along the lines of Clarkson's simplistic reasoning "oh, its american, that means it's crap, THE END"

You can't dismiss the Vette as a car, nor can you dismiss Ferrari. Is the best reason to buy a car really "oh the manufacturer won some racing titles"

News flash...that's not really going to have any bearing on the car YOU get, unless you like to pose around

ARMAN
08-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Me gusta Z06 & CS :mrgreen: I would buy Z06 if I would have the money and if here was service stations to fix it. Sadly here are no :( For that amount of money killing buy IMHO. In US even cheaper.
CS is a different car in many ways. Love it too :P

pharzo
08-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes lets talk Lemans how much have Ferrari won in Lemans compared to the Vette`s, I hardly think they are inferior to the Vette there.....

Well my intention wasn't to diss Ferrari, just to point out that the Vette isn't totally useless at racing, like everyone here seems to think

I dont even understand the question, but let me tell you something if I hadnt heard about either brands and where to decide without knowing anything other than my first impression,the Ferrari would win hands down....
As much as I like the sound of the pushrod V8`s the sound of a Ferrari engine sound a hell of alot better to me...
When I sit in a Vette and compare what feelings I get there compared to a Ferrari the gap becomes even larger....
I have driven vettes, I have not driven Ferrari`s sadly but the drive I get from the Vette are beaten by quite a few other "lesser" cars than the Vette should be.....
the gearbox of the Z06 are not the best there is out there either.....not saying the Ferrari paddle shifter are the best thing either from what I have heard......

Sure if it's down to personal preference, whatever. But to discount the Vette because of a naff gearbox...you could buy the vette, change the gearbox, and still have enough left over to make it serious competition for any sports car out there

Price difference doesnt mean shit in what car I feel are the better car, if I in my heart want a car I dont care what the price are it doesnt make the car less desirable just cuz the price tag are higher on it than on the Vette....

Well it should be a double-edged sword. Higher price doesn't make a car superior, nor does lower price make a car inferior. It just means you'll pay less when it breaks....ever seen a Ferrari service bill?

I dont buy cars with my sense, I buy cars with my heart thats what seperates a car enthusiast from people who would settle for the cheaper one just cuz its the more sensible thing to do.....

Yeah i half agree...but if the money's just not there, or you have a family to support, why go on dreaming and weeping while reading victorian poetry, when you can go buy a Vette, and have just as much/more fun as you would in a Ferrari

for me a car is more than price vs performance

Yes of course it is...but buying a Vette is typically more than a financial decision...there are more pragmatic cars in that sector of the market

Ferrari are not more legendary in Europe than in the rest of the world thats what seperates the legend status Ferrari`s got on the Vette, the Vette are a legend in the US while Ferrari are a legend all over the world....

Well certainly Ferrari are famous all over the world, but people who give a hoot about cars and can distinguish a Ferrari from a Lambo know what a Vette is...Vette's still turn heads in Europe, just like Ferrari's. Can't speak for Norway, never been there, but in the non-viking parts of Europe :P

this discussion are proof of it too, we talk about the vette wich is one model from a comapny, while when talking about Ferrari we talk about the brand as one....theres a big difference there too..... [quote="brembo"]xactly, a brand that specialized in other vehicles made a sports that is the longest running sports car ever. What was that about heritage? There's something appealing about a sports car that came from someplace no one though it would, and is matching F-cars for performance

[quote=brembo]I have told you I dont just put one criteria when deciding, but if price are the criteria you decide on have a nice life in your KIA.....and to say some racing titles when talking about Ferrari you are just ignorant....

I can't see how price wouldn't be important...i'm sure if you had unlimited funds you would be driving a different car...

Just so you know, if i had unlimited funds I'd buy a Ferrari as well...but once again if the money wasn't there why sit around thinking about it, when you can emulate it with a much cheaper version

The crux of it: People don't buy Ferrari's for fit and finish, and fit and finish sure as hell isn't what they're selling over at Maranello. You may not like the vette gearbox...but some people don't like Ferrari's gearbox. I really don't see this argument going anywhere, so if you're willing to lay it to rest, so am i 8)

666fast
08-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Well my intention wasn't to diss Ferrari, just to point out that the Vette isn't totally useless at racing, like everyone here seems to think

It's my intention! How many times have Ferrari cheated or used their clout to get an advantage in international racing? Many many many times.

Also, Corvettes have been in international racing for a lot longer than the last few years. They have been at it since the 60's, with good results.

I'm not gonna argue which is better between the Ferrari and Z06, buy what you want with your money. But I do find it entertaining, and somewhat annoying, that people dismiss the Z06 as just another pile of American crap. Anyone who claims to be an enthusiast, yet thinks the Z06 is garbage, is a fool. If you consider yourself a real performace enthusiast, you should give the Z06 the credit it deserves.

666fast
08-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Have I dissed the Z06`s performance?

I wasn't specifically talking about you. Sorry for the confusion. But it's been said over and over again on this very site, Z06 = trash and that was said for no reason other than it being American.

pharzo
08-03-2005, 08:35 PM
I dont discount the Vette cuz of its rubbish gearbox alone its the sum of the package you get I just dont find that attractive, it just doesnt appeal to me like a Ferrari does in alot of ways.....it needs more than a gearbox to make it a car I would consider seriously.......

That's a reasonable opinion

Never said a higher price makes it better either, I said it doesnt make the car less desirable just because its more expensive, while it seems you think its less desirable cuz its more expensive.....I am fully aware of the prices of Ferrari parts a Friend mine are rebuilding a 308 gts and its silly prices but damn its fun, another guy I kind of know had to change the clutch on his 348tb and it was not a nice bill....but thats not what we are discussing.. is it?
Hell my car are not cheap to get parts to either as its alot of special parts there, made in very low numbers but you deal with it cuz you love the car......

Well I didn't say it was less desirable because it was more expensive, just less accessable.

Hell my car are not cheap to get parts to either as its alot of special parts there, made in very low numbers but you deal with it cuz you love the car......

Sorry I'm sorta new...what car do you have? I searched in the What do you Drive or Ride? forum but didn't find it :oops:

A man without dreams are like a ship without destination,just floating around, no need to weep or read poetry either, money are of course a issue and always will be, but you get what you can afford no need reason for not dreaming of something better.....

Of course dreams are important, but sometimes it's better to live, not to dream. I was joking about the weeping and poetry btw :P

I bever said sports car shouldnt come from America, its just that not very much decent have come from America in that category....there are exeptions of course but there are long between them and its just in the later years the Vettes have become decent handlers.....just because they have called it a sports car for 50 years doesnt make it one....

Well the idea of "sports car" changes every so often. I'm sure 30 years from now people will look at the F430 and be surprised it was considered one of the finest sports cars of its' day

I didnt say price wasnt a factor, but its never the deciding factor when I buy a car, I could have had a "lesser" car than I got, but my priorities makes it the way it is......If I had more money I would not be driving a different car, but I would have had more cars.......And yes there would maybe be a 430 in the driveway in addition to the Audi or maybe a Gallardo but I wouldnt have sold the Audi cuz it gives me much joy and I like messing around with it....

Well not a deciding factor, but still a pretty important part of the decision.

Great if you get more money buy a Ferrari if thats what you want to have, but I dont understand why some people like you feel the need to deny themself a dream......if you want something bad enough you will get it, to this day I have bought or are in the progress of fullfilling the goals I set for myself.... cuz I dream doing things, seing things and buying things it makes me focused on the task and it helps me getting there with a good feeling......and if you dont get there why deny yourself a dream....

I'm not denying myself a dream, but owning a Vette is part of that massive garage dream. The C5 Z06, because pop-up headlights rock :D Kinda silly I know, but i guess that "wow that's awesome" feeling you get as a kid doesn't really go away, even when the technology is outdated. I also used to love the yellow headlights they put in French cars :lol:

Im not arguing, we are exchanging opinions I tought thats why we have forums here on JW...

You had to quote that and argue about it didn't you? :P :wink:

nthfinity
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
is it so repuslive to think that some people prefer a Z06 to a Ferrari???
no, but it still is questionable :roll:
being this grande worldwide forum, so many people are quick to take the quick count on cars that some of us have grown up around, and dreamed about owning for years (real dreams vs. extreame dream) i myself am a huge Ferrari lover...

i go ga ga over these cars, something totally different then a 'vette... due to its exotic looks, unatainable, and almost untouchable way we protray them in our minds. where the car came from, what the company did to get to where its at, its so extreme that its easy to get cought up in the mistique surrounding it. Ferrari hits a 10 on that rictor scale, where a Z may come to a 2, but a 10 when driving it ;) :lol:

far be it from just the 'vette to suffer from such lack of approval from our cross-pond, but it seems that so many auto mfr.'s motorsport heritage... and the heritage besiged upon them by the enthusiasts that improve upon them, and i guarentee, nobody does it more then American enthusiasts :wink:

Shinigami
08-04-2005, 03:40 AM
you refer to ferrari as if its some kind of automotive god that no other brand can even think to compare to. the vette is much more than a straight line performer and most people are aware of this. its a sports car not just a 1/4 mile dragster and the "old tech" pushrod seems to get the job done so i dont see the problem with it.

But many of the older American muscle cars are not exactly known for their handling. Mind you, the Vette is the better of the bunch, and the Z06 supposedly has very, very good handling. So of course things are improving.

But America is the dragster country of the world, and this image is still being pushed to many of their sportier cars being sold today.

so because it costs more that means it must be better? i didnt say the vette was more desireable to anybody than a ferrari, what someone likes is just a matter of taste. but to say that ferrari is legend and the vette wont ever be is a pretty bold statement just because a ferrari cost more and uses DOHC instead of "ancient" pushrods.
No, what I meant was that Ferrari will always be able to ask a premium for their cars, and that their cars will always be able to fetch more money second hand, because it's a Ferrari. The brand name has a lot to do with it.

Of course, you have a lot of Ferrari's which go off quite cheap these days, and many of the older models are nothing to should home about. But it's still a brand well known around the whole world, revered by 'some' as a godlike brand (do note, I didn't say that I consider it a godlike brand. I don't consider cars godlike, although I do love them to bits ;) )

yea right the "egg" is just another car. might as well be a kia, or a vette, or some other car that isnt a ferrari right? im sure if one pulled up in your driveway you would be drooling all over it just like most everyone else would. :wink:
Well, to tell you the truth, I've seen the Egg several times. Both at the Geneva car show, and being driven in the city of Geneva (and according to my contacts, the person who owns it, is someone I knew a few years back. I just haven't seen him since).

But do I spooge over when I see the car? Ummm, no. I don't care much for the Egg at all. Very powerful, very fast, the exterior doesn't look that bad, the doors open up in a cool way, but the interior is not to my taste, and I'm not all that interested in a car which shares an engine all too similar to that found in a Ford (the name Ford, doesn't exactly echo a magical spell in my mind, either. But once again, I'm not saying they make bad cars, the GT for example is supposedly very good, but the name Ford, just doesn't do it for me).

To tell you the truth, having looked at the engine bay of the Egg, I couldn't see anything that really looked all the great. A Zonda with the 7.3 liter AMG engine, or a 430 with a Ferrari engine, or yet a Murcielago or Gallardo with their engine, all look so much more... how to say... finished. Special. Better looking. And here I'm only talking about rear/mid engine cars (I for example absolutely love the look of the SLR engine, especially after I received a 30 minute demonstration of it close up. It just looks so well made, so utterly fit and finished).
but thats fine of you dont like it, i dont really care if you would want one or not. thats a matter of someones taste and im not here to change your taste in cars. but dont disrespect the vette and act like it cant be compared to the likes of an F car just because its another piece of american garbage.
whooooa, just hold on a second there will you ;)

I never said I didn't like the Vette. The new Z06 tickles my fancy and I'd love to take one out for a spin. And I didn't say American cars were garbage. There's some very cool cars made by American companies! What I 'DID' say in my previous posts, was that the Vette 'marque' was not a legend in the way that Ferrari was, and still is.

That's a small difference (or big one for some), but the world over, it is the Ferrari brand which is well known and revered, even if the cars are not the most expensive, most fast, most reliable ones ever.

But who knows, times change, maybe one day it will be the other way around *shrug*

pharzo
08-04-2005, 03:58 AM
But do I spooge over when I see the car?

Spooge? :P

Ford (the name Ford, doesn't exactly echo a magical spell in my mind, either. But once again, I'm not saying they make bad cars, the GT for example is supposedly very good, but the name Ford, just doesn't do it for me).

Dude it's not like they yanked the engine out of a pickup truck in some back alley :wink:
It's a Ford racing block, made in Italy, and then severely breathed on by Koenigsegg

ARMAN
08-04-2005, 04:11 AM
wwwhere is my popcorn!?!? http://arman.xz.cz/smilees/sm286.gif

LotusGT1
08-04-2005, 07:02 AM
LOL, 90% has never seen the Z06 IRL, nor saw the Corvette inside. I wonder what everybodies opinion would be if they drove one back-to-back with other cars.

Corvette is not my thing, but most of the arguments posted here against it are BS.

Shinigami
08-04-2005, 07:55 AM
lal, you don't know what spooge means :lol:

Let's just say that it has something to do with men having a bit too good of a time "down there" ;)

RC45
08-24-2005, 01:04 AM
This topic has got too quiet :P

LOL, 90% has never seen the Z06 IRL, nor saw the Corvette inside. I wonder what everybodies opinion would be if they drove one back-to-back with other cars.

Corvette is not my thing, but most of the arguments posted here against it are BS.

Now why you go and post such a common sense message :P

Driving a 996 Porker and Z06 back to back, the only thing I noticed was how much harder the Porker had to work to give you same kick in the pants feel - and besides the fact that once you are rolling, you barley notice any interior apart from the rev counter anyway :)

But to discount the Vette because of a naff gearbox...you could buy the vette, change the gearbox, and still have enough left over to make it serious competition for any sports car out there
That's just the thing, you buy a Ferrari and you don't have to change the gearbox and you don't have to sit in an interiour which seems to have jumped out of the 80's. And you don't have to worry about all that stuff with Prsches either.

Change the gearbox? Why would you have to change the gear box? The T56 is OEM on the Viper among other cars - pretty robust, apart from the odd shift fork and synchro issue, but don't even try come say every other hipo car has a 1000% bullet proff gearbox track record :)

T-Bird
08-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I've been wanting to say this and now I will Why the hell is everyone so hung up on the interior if I had a Z06 it wouldn't be for the interior because when I was driving a Z06 it would be for the driving not the looking at the center console and rubbing my hand on the dashboard all that would concern me is the shifter, wheel, pedals gauge cluster and outside all of which are nice on the car but I'm not going to be going 140mph and looking at my interior going damn I wish I payed out that extra $150,000 for that Ferrari so that I didn't have to look at this interior. And personally the American V8 popping the Rev limiter at about 7k sounds better than a Ferrari's at 8k especially with longtubes and straight pipes :wink:

And the T56 is one hell of a tranny used in many cars like the RC45 said the Viper and Corvette but also the Mustang Cobra has it among other highpo american and I'm sure some foreign apps aswell.