PDA

View Full Version : Beakfast Club

T-Bird
06-23-2005, 02:08 AM
I haven't seen this movie in years then after seeing the tribute for it on MTV with Yellowcard's remake of Don't You Forget About Me and decided to go pick it up. Well basically I just realized this is one of the best movies I've ever seen yeah it has no giant fight scenes or explosions and it was a very small movie but it was brilliant in my honest opinion. John Hughes was a great film maker. I was wondering if anyone else shared my opinion about this classic movie.

(what's better is that it was made at a highschool not too far from me. It was also the school with the Hazing incident heard round the world.)

Ghostbat
06-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Most definetely. It's true classic IMO. Good acting, music and script. Today all movies are about big explosions and CGI and often they forget an intelligent plot.

666fast
06-23-2005, 05:00 AM
It's alright, if it's on I'll sit down and watch it. Nothing says "must own" though.

Vernon: Now thats it! I'm gonna be right outside those doors. Next time I have to come in here, I'm crackin' skulls.

sameerrao
06-23-2005, 12:23 PM
I liked this movie when I saw it the first time years back. I like it even more now. It is extremely well acted and directed movie. Great music also :)

blinkmeat
06-23-2005, 02:11 PM
A true classic for sure. That scene where Emilio does his "punch dancing" is 80's personified. Weird Science/Goonies are right up there for me too. Didn't John Hughs go on to write Home Alone?

callen
06-23-2005, 05:29 PM
meh tho Breakfast club is pretty good, and its a more of a thinking than a wham bam movie, still doesnt float much better than a ferrari if you ask me!