PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like Modest Mouse?

Global Warming
06-03-2005, 12:58 AM
I know they have been around for years but I just started listing to them a few weeks ago. I am really into their early stuff, Interstate 8, this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about, etc. Anyone else like them?

Yablokov
06-03-2005, 01:03 AM
sry m8, never heard of em><

SilviaEvo
06-03-2005, 01:06 AM
sry m8, never heard of em><
shameful man! they are from Washington!!!

jpatino03
06-03-2005, 01:21 AM
They're from the boonies though. Some of their stuff is pretty cool, especially the moon and antarctica. Talk about staring into the depths of someone's depression. Can't get into the earlier stuff though, a little too atonal for me.

Global Warming
06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
They're from the boonies though. Some of their stuff is pretty cool, especially the moon and antarctica. Talk about staring into the depths of someone's depression. Can't get into the earlier stuff though, a little too atonal for me.

Hah yeah like " Long Distance Drunk" from The Lonesome Crowded West. The lyircs "hang it up now or never" and music are so dpressing but they make it kind of funny with that James Bond sounding vocal... Crazy shit!

"Breakthrough" is my favorite so far, wow that song rocks!

possessed_beaver
06-05-2005, 12:53 PM
i quite like them, they have alot of soul into there music.

and alot of bands i listen to were infuinced by them.

ZfrkS62
06-05-2005, 01:03 PM

Kent isn't exactly the boonies. If they were from a town like Black Diamond or any place east of the Cascades, then yeah i'd have to agree with you :wink:

They really don't do anything for me personally. If they're the only hting on the radio at the time i'll tolerate them, but if i can change the station to something else i will.

T-Bird
06-05-2005, 02:12 PM
yeah I've been listening to them for a while now, been to one of their concerts and then again when they opened for DMB.

Apac102
06-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Ya, Im a huge fan. If you like modest mouse, you will also like ugly casanova. The lead singer of m.m is the lead singer of ugly casanova. Real deep lyrics.

jpatino03
06-05-2005, 10:51 PM

Kent isn't exactly the boonies. If they were from a town like Black Diamond or any place east of the Cascades, then yeah i'd have to agree with you :wink:

They really don't do anything for me personally. If they're the only hting on the radio at the time i'll tolerate them, but if i can change the station to something else i will.

They're not from Kent. They're from Issaquah (sp?) which is the boonies.

SilviaEvo
06-19-2005, 08:05 PM
i hate to bring this topic back up 2 weeks after the last post but i dont come into this part of the forum a lot and Issaquah is NOT the boonies. they are a bunch of rich bastards actually. they just built a new Microsoft campus up there so yeah very rich people. ive seen a lot of nice cars up there. and they are not in the middle of no where.
P.S. Dont kill me Dan for that. i live near Issaquah and had to stick up for them :mrgreen: