PDA

View Full Version : Screenwriter needs your help

blinkmeat
05-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I've just finished a script and I'm in the process of looking for the right agent but now i'm going to start something new. So first I need to do some market research...Interested? So if you've got the time let me know what you think and dont be afraid to have fun with it.

1) Kind of movie you'd like to see (Drama, Action, Comedy) etc.

2) Kind of plot ( ie; homeless kid tired of being beaten down by society seeks to change it, one way or another!)

3)Kind of Characters (Tragic, oppressed, brilliant, lumbering) etc.

4) Kind of Visuals ( Star wars .... life of pi)

Note: I'm just trying to get a bead on what people want to see. Any help would be great. Thanks.

blinkmeat
06-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Since this topic flopped, I'll start you off...

He's a war-weary hunchbacked firefighter with acid for blood. She's a supernatural tomboy widow who can talk to animals. They fight crime!

He's a deeply religious devious househusband with a robot buddy named Sparky. She's a time-travelling thirtysomething widow from the wrong side of the tracks. They fight crime!

He's a genetically engineered chivalrous werewolf with no name. She's a pregnant junkie nun fleeing from a Satanic cult. They fight crime!

He's a time-tossed guerilla shaman in drag. She's a time-travelling junkie research scientist with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!

He's a one-legged hunchbacked messiah on the edge. She's a mentally unstable communist vampire living on borrowed time. They fight crime!

Aleighy
06-02-2005, 01:43 PM
i think if i had to choose, id go with the second one. i dont know tho. im really into (a) the chick-flick romantic comedy, ie Sweet Homa Alabama, How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days. and (b) ...i dont know what to call them...action? like National Treasure and The Interpreter. I dont like sci-fi, or whatever you would classify Star Wars as, and i dont do horror, not at all (i get nightmares) and i like things that are feasable, no fantasy or anything, i like watching stuff that is totally possible to be real life stuff. anywho, i dont know if that helps at all, it really has to do with personal preferance. my boyfreind would much rather watch all of the star wars movies in order, than sit down and watch Pretty Woman with me, lol.

ZfrkS62
06-02-2005, 01:46 PM
my boyfreind would much rather watch all of the star wars movies in order, than sit down and watch Pretty Woman with me, lol

unless there is the chance to see titties :mrgreen: (and i'm not talking fresh off the shelf titties either, they have to be natural :mrgreen: )

Aleighy
06-02-2005, 01:48 PM
my boyfreind would much rather watch all of the star wars movies in order, than sit down and watch Pretty Woman with me, lol

unless there is the chance to see titties :mrgreen: (and i'm not talking fresh off the shelf titties either, they have to be natural :mrgreen: )

honey, there isnt much in the way of titties in Pretty Woman.

blinkmeat
06-02-2005, 01:49 PM
:lol: I wasn't being serious with these ideas, I just hate to see one of my topics go limp.

And um, you're such a girl-movie-goer it's sad.

Aleighy
06-02-2005, 01:52 PM
:lol: I wasn't being serious with these ideas, I just hate to see one of my topics go limp.

And um, you're such a girl-movie-goer it's sad.

well, im a GIRL!! lol, that might have something to do with it. and i did mention non-chick-flick movies too...cmon now :wink:

ZfrkS62
06-02-2005, 01:54 PM

or any chick flick for that matter :P and women wonder why guys can't stand them :roll:

Aleighy
06-02-2005, 01:55 PM

or any chick flick for that matter :P and women wonder why guys can't stand them :roll:

if i remember correctly hun, there isnt much in the way of titties in Star Wars either.

ZfrkS62
06-02-2005, 02:41 PM

if i remember correctly hun, there isnt much in the way of titties in Star Wars either.

but there are lasers, lightsabers and spaceships :D and lets not forget princess leia in the gold bikini in Return of the Jedi :D

blinkmeat
06-02-2005, 03:34 PM
well, im a GIRL!! lol, that might have something to do with it. and i did mention non-chick-flick movies too...cmon now :wink:

Alright Aleighy, I can understand a persons taste. But S-H-ALABAMA, 10 days... okay but only becasue of Adam Goldberg... Seen the Hebrew Hammer? GOLD!

You're right ZfrkS62 Leia was hot as hell... then she got fat though like Jabba :(

ZfrkS62
06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
You're right ZfrkS62 Leia was hot as hell... then she got fat though like Jabba

but the trilogy will always hold her as hot :mrgreen: