PDA

View Full Version : Midnight in the East Cost= Ep III !!!

nthfinity
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
ok, im going to flurry off to the Theatre pretty soon here, in anticipation of the 'last' Starwars movie! i'll post an 'official' review when i get back home tonight :-D

anybody else doing it the fool's way? (at 12:01 EST/4:01 GMT)

im definately psyched

ok, heres the Ep 3 music video
http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_music_video_480_dl.mov

Max Power
05-18-2005, 09:04 PM
u know it...

T-Bird
05-19-2005, 01:50 AM
got my tickets for 7:35 pm tomorrow baby!

Max Power
05-19-2005, 02:51 AM
I have just watched it........and it was dark and sad and everything I've wanted in a sw movie
Yoda walks in, the Imperial guards react, and get smoked in an instance 8)

Man, order 66 was where it really began....from there it was :shock: :shock: :shock:, no words can describe it.

...I need to watch it again right away

gottacatchup
05-19-2005, 04:01 AM
I just got back from the 12:01 showing in the Central Time Zone.

Good God was that worth it! Not going to ruin it for anyone, but far and away the most visually awesome movie i've ever seen.

Chaos in 1983!
05-19-2005, 04:13 AM
I as well did it the fool's way 12:01am, just came back, and I agree...it was fucking awesome!!! it is exactly what SW needed, from the new ones, this is definetly the best one...hands down....I loved the way R2 popped out of the spaceships, he even kicks ass!!!

Awesome movie, GO SEE IT!!!

nthfinity
05-19-2005, 04:23 AM
Man, order 66 was where it really began....from there it was , no words can describe it.

just before that, i think... the second sam jackson bit the dust...

anyway, for my review: :!: :!: :!: some spoilers :!: :!: :!:

the movie opened with the least descriptive paragraphs ever... but gave enough validation for the ensuing space battle over the Galactic center, Couruscant. the shots were simply fantastic, and amazing... many that could have never been attempted even before this film as far as depth of how real it felt initially. what it needed, however, was an epic feeling of the battle... of its deceptive nature of the battles' creator, and its urgence for success as the republic's only hope for survival. i felt none of this was achieved through its stunning visuals. In yesteryear, it was just fine to film one pilot, while talking via a com-link to the other pilots... way too much time was spent cutting from one head shot in one fighter to another... i would rather have seen the emotions on their face as decisions were made. for example, Anikan has developed his loyalty to his friends above all else... where he offered to help the clone pilots, here/now opposed to relying on competing the mission of saving his other friend, Palpatine. the delemas are what makes, and drives the character throughout the film

Anikan and Padme... character plot
Dialogue seems to be much improved, but still over-acted. sometimes the order of what was said in trading dialogue between the two actors seems backwards in its order, and sometimes 'forced' :lol: It is still quite apparent that Hayden is a soap star first, and foremost... and the editing of many of the continued love story only helps that past experience; unfortunately.

thankfully, a lot of it does work, and works well to spell out the delema of the main characters. Obi-wan seems hard pressed to choose between his best friend, and the council... and the balance between the two that he feels is right. Anikan is forced to choose between his best friends, Obi-wan, and Palpatine; while continuously he battles himself for the murder he commited. his loyalty is the virtue that nearly saves him. Padme is left to choose between the trust and loyalty in her husband, and saving the failing democracy from the powers given to the chancellor (of which we know very little about the backwater events... why did anikan sence obi-wan at Padme's appartment... and furthermore, why did padme have obi-wan over. too many questions lie here regarding thier motives. Palpatines choices werent really as high stakes as the others, but rather; when to make his move... how to influence one who always was able to make the right choice as he was able to interpret. his faith was in his brilliant manipulation.

the Jedi, lead by Mace, and Yoda make for the wisdom of the jedi in Anikan's view; which he has seems to often disagree with. it is the compassion that Anikan so desprately seeks as he dives further into the confusion that is his mind. as the young jedi knight does the right thing... and turns in Palpatine as the dark lord of the Sith to the remaining jedi masters. it is this compassion he felt he lacked when dealing with duku that he knew was wrong... he wanted to see that a jedi couldn't do the same thing.

this was the brilliant turning point! the movie grew dark by the second... not a single piece of dialoge through the remainder of the film that was forced, or badly acted (although some pointless moans/grunts of the emporer really sounded dumb) was heard... George still has it in him. :D
and, as expected... the lightsaber battles were superb,and likley the best ever... although, IMO it is hard to compete agaisnt obi-wan/qui-gon vs. Darth Maul.
the push down the dark path had quite a few tear-jerking moments to me.

All in all, this was definately the best of the new trilogy by far! i recomend everybody see it, and see it with a friend :P. and, as much as i am a critic of some poor cutting of various scenes, and ill prepared acting; a lot is explained... while still much is left to the expanded univers (why did yoda goto degohba? well, obviously because of his extreme sensetivity to the force, a life filled planet is screaming of the force, and would mask his presence, and allow him to meditate with great effect with such harmony) the training of obi-wan via Yoda is left as only a prospect yet to come... but still questions lie. in this dark time of the birth of the Empire; i feel the expanded universe will set things in pace leading moreso then before into the original trilogy.
:!: :!: :!: end of spoilers :!: :!: :!:

go enjoy the film, dammit 8)
may the force be with you... as it was with them (me taking pictures)
http://img266.echo.cx/img266/7540/dsc040209lb.th.jpg (http://img266.echo.cx/my.php?image=dsc040209lb.jpg) http://img266.echo.cx/img266/5544/dsc039925yz.th.jpg (http://img266.echo.cx/my.php?image=dsc039925yz.jpg) http://img266.echo.cx/img266/5470/dsc040163ee.th.jpg (http://img266.echo.cx/my.php?image=dsc040163ee.jpg)
http://rapidshare.de/files/1851085/ep3_fun.rar.html
some fun of people hitting (and hurting) eachoter with fake lightsabers

Fleischmann
05-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Am I the only person who thinks the Star Wars series is stupid, boring, naive and all the other bad words you can think of ??

JiggaStyles09
05-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Am I the only person who thinks the Star Wars series is stupid, boring, naive and all the other bad words you can think of ??
no you are not the only one, every other member of my family (Mom, Dad, Brothers) could care less about the new movie (didnt like any of the other ones, even the originals) and cant understand why i want to see it so bad. but you might be the only one who uses the internet on a regular basis and doesnt like it lol. :lol: :wink:

Max Power
05-19-2005, 10:07 PM
dammit, this movie is damn sad...y is there no eps 3.5 it can still happen, it cannot end this depressing:
yoda's cane falls, he reaches for his heart :( ........OMG

Toronto
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I saw the movie, don't think it lived up to its hype,
don't go there expecting to see Darth Vader in his suit fighting people :cry:
but still a good watch :D

e46drew
05-20-2005, 07:56 PM
So I saw that movie too so you dont have to and heres what happend.
The plot for episode Three, Revenge of the Shit", The movie starts with out with a big space battle over Coruscant as the separatists attack with their space fleet. Count Dooku taking Chancellor Palpatine "captive" (remember, Dooku was really working for Palpatine). Anakin and Obi Wan fly starfighters into Dooku's ship and fight battle droids to get to the Chancellor. After several battles with the robots, the ship explodes in half (!) due to a fuel leak, and Anakin fights Count Dooku while Obi Wan fights General Greivious (Grievious), an alien/robot cyborg with four arms and four lightsabers. Anakin cuts off Count Dooku's head but Genereal Greivious gets away. 0X

After the rescue, Anakin gets flack from the Jedi for not taking Dooku alive. Palpatine stokes his irritation and says he's not appreciated. He makes Anakin Palpatine's personal bodyguard. :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, Obi Wan goes off to fight General Grievous on a planet of sinkholes and zaps him while Anakin engages in necking and petting with Padme. 8)

Samuel L. Jacksenobi and several Jedi go to kill the Chancellor. But Palpatine kills Jacksenobi's assistants using the force. Anakin pretends to help Jacksenobi but then actually stabs him in the back. Palpatine reveals his true identity to Anakin and says that if Anakin joins him he'll tell him how to use the force to be irresistable in bed. He sends Anakin with some clonetroopers to kill all the Jedi there, and Anakin, thinking of all the women he can sleep with with his new powers, kills all the adult Jedi, leaving the Jedi children to his new assistant, Darth Michael Jackson. :o

The clones turn against the Jedi and start killing them. Most are killed but Wookies, including Chewbacca, who is barely toilet trained at this point, help Yoda escape his clone trooper assassins and there is a scene where Yoda fights off a hundred clonetroopers using the force. He also at one point uses the Jedi mind trick to convince the clonetroopers that he is a harmless cackling muppet. :?: :lol: :?:

Yoda goes to Yavin to research how to make yourself glow in the dark after you have been killed. He later tells Obi Wan how to do this as well. The Emperor confronts him there and there is a fierce battle. Yoda scars the Emerpror's face and gives him bad teeth and gums, but the Emperor kicks his ass and Yoda is forced to run away. He finds a vacation brochure for Dagobah which he suddenly finds quite alluring. :roll: :idea: :mrgreen:

Obi Wan goes to Padme, who is pregnant with twins. He feels her belly and she smiles flirtatiously at him. He squeezes her boobs, and she slyly starts to remove her top. Obi Wan eases her into her bed and makes passionate love to her, using his force attuned senses to make sure he doesn't poke Luke or Leia's eyes out while making love to Padme. Later, while they are lying in bed smoking cigarettes, they learn that Anakin has gone off to the planet Mustafar to kill the remaining bad-Chinese-accented fish alien separatist leaders. Obi Wan goes there and Anakin is very angry that Padme led him there. He smacks her upside the head using the force. Then Obi Wan and Anakin fight around a volcano. Anakin gets his good arm, his legs, and his testicles cut off :shock: . Then he falls in the volcano. The Emperor arrives and fishes him out, but he is badly burned and has asthma :? , so the Emperor gives him black body armor and robotic legs, arms, and testicles and calls him Darth Vader. When Anakin asks why he's named Vader, the Emperor tells him it is the name of his mother in law. 0X 0X 0X :mrgreen:

Padme, injured from being smacked around by Anakin, is mistakenly put in the care of a medical droid which is actually an abortion droid. But just as the abortion droid hums, extends its suction probe, and starts to spread her legs, she disgorges her slick fetuses, Luke and Leia, before she expires. Obi Wan gives Leia to a kind Alderaanian Puerto Rican family led by Jimmy Smits, and, incredibly, gives Luke to the family of Anakin's mother on Tattooine, not even bothering to change Luke's last name from Skywalker to something else. He figures that someone with the last name of Skywalker on Tattooine will be very, very well hidden.

The movie ends with Darth, the Emperor, and a young Moff Tarkin (with fewer blue and red candies on his uniform) on the bridge of a Star Destroyer watching the ongoing construction of the first Death Star.

So, what do you think of the plot?

Max Power
05-20-2005, 10:17 PM
man we've known the plot for 20+ years...and exact details for a year...why repost something that's older than me....it should be what did u think of the plot not the otherway around....but then I don't give a shit what u think so don't do that either

nthfinity
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
man we've known the plot for 20+ years...and exact details for a year...why repost something that's older than me....it should be what did u think of the plot not the otherway around....but then I don't give a shit what u think so don't do that either
I somehow dont think you actaully read e46drew's post :roll:

anyway, i found that 'plot' quite amusing :P