PDA

View Full Version : Burns withdrawn from Rally Great Britain

chernobyl
11-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Richard has been hospitalised [03/11/03 - 12:34]

http://rally.racing-live.com/photos/imgactu/03/burns_200103_220x176.jpg

End of season for Burns

ichard Burns has been hospitalised yesterday evening, after fainting. Doctors will give an update today on their diagnosis and the seriousness of his state of health. From now on they have already declared that Richard Burns will not be authorized to recce and to enter the Network Q Rally of Great Britain which will take place next weekend.

The entire Peugeot Sport Team express its solidarity and wishes Richard a prompt recovery.

Due to this case of force majeure, Peugeot Sport has asked FIA, on the basis of article 5.1.4 of the General Prescriptions and Article 2.3 of the Regulations of the World Rally Championship, to authorize the crew Freddy Loix – Sven Smeets to replace the crew Richard Burns – Robert Reid.

TT
11-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I know the end of the season was not great for him, but he deserved a go in the last round!!! He was so close to another title :|

XTwinTurboVR4X
11-03-2003, 10:21 AM
WOW.. that totally blows his hopes for the championship then

chernobyl
11-03-2003, 10:30 AM
WOW.. that totally blows his hopes for the championship then

To state the obvious..hehe
:p

TT
11-03-2003, 10:31 AM
I wonder what the hell did happen to him :( to stressed? But if they won't allow him to race it should be something at least a little more severe than that... :?:

stradale
11-03-2003, 10:36 AM
This is not the way you want to see the championship being decided. :( Burns is not my favourite driver, but I sure hope he's going to be OK.

TT
11-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Just found on wrc.com:

His co-driver Robert Reid said: "The doctors have basically told Richard not to do the rally. He's having more tests done today, but he's in good form considering the circumstances. Obviously he's hugely disappointed about the whole thing. I thought this year would have a sting in the tail, but I wasn't quite prepared for this."

At least he is ok

levensnevel
06-16-2004, 12:38 PM
An update on Richard's situation can be read here:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/motorracing/story/0,10153,1239853,00.html

I sincerely wish that Richard, and everyone close to him, will find the strength to cope with everything life is throwing on them.

TT
06-16-2004, 12:44 PM
I think Reid got it right... I really hope Richard will recover and will have a "new" normal and stressfree life... for sure to come back in WRC is not as important as to fully recover from such a terrible thing!

but we already saw some crazy come back as T. Muster (Tennis), who had a terrible accident and converted himself into a lefthander in his late twenties I think and because ATP's number 1...
Or H. Mayer (Ski).. he almost lost a leg in a motorbike accident.. they almost chirurgically removed the leg, but in the end they didn't and he came back on top..

So, again, all the best wishes go do Richard, hoping for a speedy and complete recover!

cooperluke
06-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Hope he as nothing serious and that can come back to his car and compete with the others!

zachiot1
06-17-2004, 04:06 AM
He can come back. Just look to Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France. After a cancer, he has never been so strong

jakaracman
06-17-2004, 05:00 AM
I just hope he gets well ... My wife works in radiation therapy so I pretty much know how it goes.
Best wishes, Richard!