PDA

View Full Version : Sin City!!!

Apac102
04-15-2005, 01:33 AM
I just saw Sin City and it was amazing!!! One scene will make me cringe forever....if you seen it you know what Im talking about. And all those cars in it!! wow. I saw a Porsche Speedster, a Ferrari 355 spider ( I think), and then what was that old jaguar? Anywho...they had some great cars, awesome dialogue, and brilliant photography....One of the best movies Ive seen in a long time. Everyone should go see it. But don't bring your gf's. they won't like it....pretty damn gory.

deth
04-15-2005, 02:26 AM
I saw a Porsche Speedster, a Ferrari 355 spider ( I think), and then what was that old jaguar?

actually i beleive it was a porsche 550 spyder, and ferrari 348 w/ a hideous spoiler, and an e-type which appeared to be on dubs.......

ikon2003
04-15-2005, 11:19 AM
1. Sin City = Best movie I've seen this year. Granted i've been supershort on time, and my cinematic experiences have been very limited. Nonetheless, I was very impressed with the cinematography, in depth story lines filled with truly emotional moments, action packed scenes, and yes...some cool cars too.

2. If you liked Kill Bill vol. 1, or some of the recent Marvel Movies (Spiderman, Xmen etc), then Sin City is the Extreme version....

3. Quentin Tarantino was a guest director, even tho his name is not on the credits. If you like the big QT, this is his style movie too.

4. Do not take your GF to see this movie.

nthfinity
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM

i went with two girls i work with (not gf :( ) and they both loved it

oscargarza88
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
i saw it with a friend and 2 girlfriends, i was very tired and i watched the first hour and a half and i thought it was booring so i slept like the last 45 mins or so. everyone else loved it though, so mayb i just thought it was booring cause i was tired, and in a bad mood and didnt want to b there.
ill see it again when im in a good mood, but still i kinda got frustrated with soo much weird music and black and white.

Apac102
04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Ya you are right about those cars. It was a spyder and a 348. Man...I BLEW IT!

Toronto
04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
good movie, saw it the day it came out,
funny the man who made this movie made SPY KIDS :D

Pimp Racer
04-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I saw it the day it came out also! I was gonna do a review on it but I dont like typing up a big long story so waited for someone to make a thread and I can just comment. :)

This movie is hands down the BEST MOVIE I have seen since Lord of the Ring series! (I have seen at least 20-45 movies after the last LOTR movie. :) GO watch it if you can with guys only though since alot of nude shots. :lol: Really nice girls in there also. :) I will be getting this on DVD for sure!

coloradosilver
04-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Just got the whole movie off of mininova (DVD Quality) and will be watching it tonight. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after reading the reviews, I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks!

Stikz
04-15-2005, 10:24 PM
jessica alba....drooooooool. But what's up with a stripper who doesn't take her clothes off.

DeMoN
04-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Maybe he suggests no GF cuz of the naked girls you obviously drull when you see.

ikon2003
04-16-2005, 05:38 PM

Maybe he suggests no GF cuz of the naked girls you obviously drull when you see.

Yup, that's one of the reasons Demon - unless your GF is really tolerant of you watching lots of semi-nude girls, you might want to save this one for another time.

[Next Paragraph is a SPOILER!!! Do not read if you have yet to see the Movie!!!!]

Also, this movie (while absolutely awesome IMO, and yes, I kno lots of girls who liked it too).....it's not the best for, "setting a romantic mood." I mean, if you're planning on getting some after the movie, the thought of a weird yellow dude getting his ding-dong ripped off of him with bare hands is probably not the image you want stuck in ur head.... :wink:

Pimp Racer
04-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey what part did that guy who played Frodo do? The eligh wood guy or someone? (Sorry dont really know all the actors names.) I dont recall seeing him in the movie? Maybe I should go watch it a second time!

possessed_beaver
04-17-2005, 12:42 PM
i did not read half of this post for fear of spoilers, but it sounds awsome..
im the kind of person who hates movies.. so im looking fwoard to seeing this!

ikon2003
04-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey what part did that guy who played Frodo do? The eligh wood guy or someone? (Sorry dont really know all the actors names.) I dont recall seeing him in the movie? Maybe I should go watch it a second time!

SPOILER:

He played "Kevin" - the mute little karate boy who cannibalized random women. Apparently Elijah Wood was very excited to play the role....get in touch with his inner-psycho killer :wink: