PDA

View Full Version : JN396 finds job! no; not that kinda job for all you sickos!

JN396
06-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Hey guys I finally landed a real job! After 6 mo. of searching; i finally can say that I'm making myself useful! lol I know most of you don't know me; but I feel like I know most of you! I'll try not to lurk around like before; i was just feeling a little depressed about my situation. Anywho...take it easy you guys...i hope you all have a good week! Thanks Jabba for making this site so badass!! 8)

Anonymous
06-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Good Luck! I know all about that depressed shit, I been looking for decent work too and Hawaii sucks for that.

666fast
06-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Congratulations man! Which job did you get?
Everyone wishes they had my job, lol! :wink:

maalox
06-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Congratulations man! Which job did you get?
Everyone wishes they had my job, lol! :wink:

What's your job??? :?:

JN396
06-23-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks guys. KH; i'm sure that given time everything turns out alright. If it makes you feel any better my mom is unemployed as well and she has a rare disease-psorisis. She says to me that she needs to be in a a tropical climate to alleviate her condition. I guess what i'm trying to say is that at least you're living in what some may say is the closest place to heaven!

666fast- I'm gonna be working at a local credit union; basically as a loan officer. It may not be the most glamorous job; but I'm still going to continue to look for a better one. I want to join the local police department; but the preliminary examinations doesn't start until late september so I guess I'll be doing this for now. And yea, I do want your job man! haha lol
:P

Anonymous
06-23-2003, 02:31 AM
This place IS Heaven, but also the most expensive place to live in the world.....

possessed_beaver
06-23-2003, 03:41 AM
This place IS Heaven, but also the most expensive place to live in the world.....

i thought it was japan?
anyway, keep looking KH u will find one man

i am also looking for a job...

666fast
06-23-2003, 03:44 AM
666fast- I'm gonna be working at a local credit union; basically as a loan officer. It may not be the most glamorous job; but I'm still going to continue to look for a better one. I want to join the local police department; but the preliminary examinations doesn't start until late september so I guess I'll be doing this for now. And yea, I do want your job man! haha lol

Yea, that is the one you told me about. Congrats man!

Maalox, I build airplane floats. Actually, I go in when I feel like it and screw around. It's fun. Gas Powered golf cart things are the coolest toys in the world. Just an FYI, if you ever run into a gas powered Golf Cart thing, all it takes is a 11mm wrench to remove the governer!
They are a blast in the wet!

TT
06-23-2003, 04:42 AM
Congrats JN, and good luck! :)

1zippo1
06-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Nice for you dude! I can understand that you're happy to find a job. It isn't allways that easy. Good luck with it!

BADMIHAI
06-23-2003, 10:50 AM
HAHAHAHAH! Good to for you dude!

Don't worry, KH, I'm sure things will sort out for you!

It seems I'm one of the few peeps on this site not looking for a job. In nine days I'll be siting in Montenegro enjoying a nice Garrone and a nice girl....or 2 :)

crochico
06-24-2003, 05:07 PM
congratulations on the job!

i'm working for the summer right now.. getting up early every morning at 5:30am doing construction.. it's not bad, but this 33 degrees celcius (85F) isn't helping when you're going up and down the stairs all day.. it would be nice to be in an office with a/c on the computer :D

Anonymous
06-24-2003, 05:48 PM

Yea, that is the one you told me about. Congrats man!

Maalox, I build airplane floats. Actually, I go in when I feel like it and screw around. It's fun. Gas Powered golf cart things are the coolest toys in the world. Just an FYI, if you ever run into a gas powered Golf Cart thing, all it takes is a 11mm wrench to remove the governer!

Sounds alot like the place where I ocasionly work for the Bell 406 guys, they have 3 carts 1 gas 2 electrics and there all fun, well sort of you get drenched going thru big puddles, all we use them for is pulling the birds out of the covered hanger into the take off pad which is about a 1/4 mile away, the gas one cant pull the trailer with the bird on it so the electrics do all the hard stuff. Its some scarry ass shit towing the 406 on the trailer as it bounces and bumps all over and the entire time I have visions of it falling off the trailer and me being responsible for a 2 mil plus bill....

maalox
06-24-2003, 06:14 PM
[quote=JN396]

That sounds cool. I 'm hoping to have something like that once I'm out of school (doing something with relaxed hours and that I can have fun with). Hopefully with cars too.

Right now I'm stuck at an office style summer job. It's cool coz the people I work with are awesome, but I wish I was doing something more practical.

666fast
06-24-2003, 09:17 PM
Heh, yea it's cool. It pays fairly well too. I like it.

Krazy, I knwo what you mean. We used to take them onto the runways and screw around. You know, see how fast they can go and stuff. But the higher ups soon realized the possible consequences. Hitting a parked plane or even have a plane landing when we are out there. So now we can only go in the outer parking lots and inside the hangars. We would get them going and go inot a hangar and turn as sharp as we could when it rained out. The carts would spin like tops on the concrete floor! Lots of fun.

JN396, how about an update? How is the job going?

JN396
06-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey guys; thanks for the words of encouragement! :D Today was day two of what must be the worst job on the planet! :twisted: hehe Honestly; it's not that bad; I just sit in a room smaller than my bedroom with 15-20 people all working on their computers and talk on the phone processing paperwork! =( The job pays "ok"...not up to par w/ my experience and my education background but I really can't complain b/c of the economy. We'll see what happens in day 3! Hopefully they won't fire me; I've been trying to limit myself on internet usage! Even though going online for personal reasons is frowned upon in the workplace, i need TT's daily pics to keep me going! haha lol :crazyeyes: :onfire: :shocked!:

Anonymous
06-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Just be careful bud because I assure you they know exactly what you look at........ words of wisdom from a wannabe hacker, I dont know shit about *cough* your job but I can assure you they are watching.....

JN396
06-25-2003, 01:47 AM
yea KH; I know all too well about big brother watching! lol thanks for the tip bro... :lol: :wink:

novass
06-25-2003, 02:37 AM
congrats on the job JN!! i know what its like to be lookin, it fuckin sucks! i need a job. my dad just told me one of his drinking buddies works at Cosworth so i might go there a few days a week and do random shit, try and steal an engine LOL

SilviaS15Cwest
06-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Ive been looking for a job to. Turned in about 10 applications. From fast food to car dealerships. Nobody here is hiring. Too bad to I owe my mom about $7,000. She paid for the majority of my car. She has been paying my insurance and I got in a small fender bender that she paid for.