PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Cheat-spec oops i mean B-spec

possessed_beaver
03-29-2005, 12:54 PM
why did they include this feature, (ok it's cool ect.) but i think you should be made to do at least half the race on you're own or complete the whole race before you 'unlock' b-spec mode. it requires no skill, i set it before i go to bed and wake up with $750 000.00

i mean sure it's up to me not to use it, but im always busy, if i can set up my PS2 and come back with a F1 car, im going to do it, because im to busy to sit infrount of the ring for 24 hours.

this feature has ruined the endurance races for me personally.. :(

anyone else as lazy or me, or do you people have some discipline and are able to actually do the races..

or you agree it's a stupid feature in the wrong hands..

mindgam3
03-29-2005, 01:04 PM
lol, you answered you're own question really.

It's a good feature IMO for those who can't be arsed n dont have the time to play as much....

If you don't like it, don't use it, simple as that

5vz-fe
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
It's the right feature in the right hands, and it's a not used feature in the wrong hands. I am in between, the milage of B-Spec is almost the same as milage I done on my own.

Pimp Racer
03-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Not enough time to read all of the posts btu if ya hate it dont use it. :D BTW I guess they put it in there for people who dont have enough skills but are still a car guy or gal that want to test out the Zonda at the ring or something you know?

RC45
03-29-2005, 02:41 PM
The fact that the enduros don't run into the night AND they have included B-Spec and AI drivers that can't stop, turn or pass you without ramming you into the Armco should answer your quesitons Beav...

We expected too much - after 4 years and all the hype... we expected too much.

dutchmasterflex
03-29-2005, 02:47 PM
i totally agree... but i have never gotten myself to do the endurance races in GT3 so its a nice little feature for GT4...

but i do not think ANYONE (ie RC45) :shock: should be complaining about the performace of the b-spec computer driver. ITS A RACING GAME. YOU. RACE.

RC45
03-29-2005, 03:04 PM
i totally agree... but i have never gotten myself to do the endurance races in GT3 so its a nice little feature for GT4...

but i do not think ANYONE (ie RC45) :shock: should be complaining about the performace of the b-spec computer driver. ITS A RACING GAME. YOU. RACE.

Well - even in REAL LIFE Racing, endurance driving splits the driving duties between a number of drivers.. :P

I am complaining about the OTHER drivers ont he track.

How would you feel, 20 laps into the LeMan 24 hours, screaming down the Mulsanne, you lift off the throttle, feed a bit of opposite lock in to quell the over steer, brake hard... hold it - hold it... steady, down shift... 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 --- counter steer... steady... 2....

******BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM***************

The AI piloted car in second place behind you just rams into you at about 100mph sending both of you into the dirt... as 3,4 and 5 pass you up.

This is the reality of how bad GT4 is when you try race with the AI drivers.

I like to tune my cars to let me race WITH the other cars for the whole race - makes it fun and realistic - but then pathetic AI forces me to mod my car so I can get waaaaaayyyyy ahead of them... just so they won't ram me into the dirt at the end of each lap.... :)

mitsucars
03-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I think it's expecting a bit much that the game would be able to have truly intelligent AI drivers with the limited processing power of the PS2 ;)

Pimp Racer
03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
We expected too much - after 4 years and all the hype... we expected too much.

Yeah thats 500% true man! But lets just wait till the PS3 comes out! It is suppposed to be better than the Xbox 2 so it means better graphics, More cars, more tracks and have to wait 8 years for the game to come out rather than 4! :lol: Aight now I need to go back to the beach and see some tits. :D

RC45
03-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I think it's expecting a bit much that the game would be able to have truly intelligent AI drivers with the limited processing power of the PS2 ;)

So much for the "Ultimate Driving Simulator" then... ;)

tigerx
03-29-2005, 05:41 PM
you can always press pause and not let the AI do the race when you sleep, and do the race when you wake up.

dutchmasterflex
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
ehh.. yes the AI sucks. its horrible even. fuckin assholes keep ramming into you.

but b-spec it self is a different story..

take it easy RC, im just playin :)

RC45
03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
ehh.. yes the AI sucks. its horrible even. fuckin assholes keep ramming into you.

Damn straight we're just playing.. :D --- if you can call closing on a 90 degree corner at 4 miles a minute.. playing... ;)

coloradosilver
03-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Even when my car is in B-Spec----Even when I have th "overtake" option selected, my own car will drive up and ram the computer car hard from behind before going around them like he should have in the 1st place. Whats that about?

SFDMALEX
03-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Key word fellas, "limited processing power", it can be fun and all but that PS2 can neither run a sofisticated physics model nor intelligent AI.

dutchmasterflex
03-29-2005, 11:50 PM

Damn straight we're just playing.. :D --- if you can call closing on a 90 degree corner at 4 miles a minute.. playing... ;)

haha... yes very true..

marketing sucks.. they'll say anything to make a sale.. all in all its just a GAME! a very good one at that IMO :)

Minacious
03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
GT4 let me down so much I could care less about trying to race all the races myself. More importantly, I wouldn't even call it racing. A race implies that others are involved. These drones behind the wheel of the other cars could hardly be considered involved in the race.

As far as the processesing power of the system, you guys are right, the PS2 can only do so much. Sadly, that is no excuse. If PD would have layed off on some of the fluff they put into the game and focused more on the racing/competition aspect of it, I think we'd have a better product overall. I could stand to lose the precious sound of the wind changing when I go faster to just have the damn drones hit the brakes instead of running head long into me when I slip by on the inside.

I would say that 60 percent of my races have been B-Spec'd. Ah well.

No.1
03-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Even when my car is in B-Spec----Even when I have th "overtake" option selected, my own car will drive up and ram the computer car hard from behind before going around them like he should have in the 1st place. Whats that about?

I think it works better if you select overtake just before they are in a postition to make the move, rather than having it on constantly. Thats how it seems to me.

RC45
03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
^^ - then you may as well drive it yourslef... ;)

But it really makes no difference, they ram the car in front every time - you just don't always notice it.

Pimp Racer
04-02-2005, 02:21 PM

Well - even in REAL LIFE Racing, endurance driving splits the driving duties between a number of drivers.. :P

I am complaining about the OTHER drivers ont he track.

How would you feel, 20 laps into the LeMan 24 hours, screaming down the Mulsanne, you lift off the throttle, feed a bit of opposite lock in to quell the over steer, brake hard... hold it - hold it... steady, down shift... 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 --- counter steer... steady... 2....

******BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM***************

The AI piloted car in second place behind you just rams into you at about 100mph sending both of you into the dirt... as 3,4 and 5 pass you up.

This is the reality of how bad GT4 is when you try race with the AI drivers.

I like to tune my cars to let me race WITH the other cars for the whole race - makes it fun and realistic - but then pathetic AI forces me to mod my car so I can get waaaaaayyyyy ahead of them... just so they won't ram me into the dirt at the end of each lap.... :)

Yeah I know how ya feel man! What I do is just give them a taste of their own little shit! Ram that fucker back! Seriously its really funny when I race! I get hit by one of the fuckers and then I get pissed so I for the next lap or so try and fuck him up! :D And if I see a nice car in the feild EX NSX then I try to get that guy to be in second place and me in first! :lol:

Yeah I think we are overclocking the PS2 rite now. :lol:

Key word fellas, "limited processing power", it can be fun and all but that PS2 can neither run a sofisticated physics model nor intelligent AI.

Thats why I cant wait for the PS3! :D I heard a 3000 MHZ processor or something? Dont know what it means but sounds pretty damn fast! :lol:

oantob
04-05-2005, 07:30 AM
this system is helping me a lot...because I sometimes to tired or even sleepy to do a championship races, imagine to do a 2 lap on nurburgring and another 2 lap of that de la Sarthe... :D thanks a lot PD

TT
04-05-2005, 10:43 AM
this system is helping me a lot...because I sometimes to tired or even sleepy to do a championship races, imagine to do a 2 lap on nurburgring and another 2 lap of that de la Sarthe... :D thanks a lot PD

I guess you didn't stumble on the championship where you have to do like 25 laps at the NS, 40 at Le Mans, 99 at Suzuka and so on :D and that's 10+ races I think

oantob
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM

I guess you didn't stumble on the championship where you have to do like 25 laps at the NS, 40 at Le Mans, 99 at Suzuka and so on :D and that's 10+ races I think

nope...and by hearing that makes me think :roll: what if there's no b-spec...maybe I ended up like brembo :wink:
* Joke