sportVeloce
10-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Shafted by TT, but I bring the community the Enzo GT and Maz 6000 spy
pics. These are the most I could find.

Info is as follows:
"The photograph here shows Maserati's GT sportscar seen testing
recently. Based on the V12 Ferrari Enzo supercar, this prototype still
outwardly retains the Enzo's bodywork, with revised engine covers,
suspension and a large rear wing being the easily visible differences.

Ferrari Sporting Director Jean Todt at Magny-Cours in April, while
attending the second round of the Vodafone Maserati Trofeo, confirmed
that a one-make series, run over seven rounds, represented the first step
of Maserati’s return to competition and that the Trident marque’s GT
competition programme was well advanced. "The GT car will test for the
first time around the end of the year, with a view to making its race debut
in the second half of the 2004 season".

The GT car, expected to be named '6000GT' is based on Ferrari's Enzo,
although it is unconfirmed what engine it will use. A limited number will be
built for the road, the demand expected to be strong particularly after
Ferrari had to turn away customers from the Enzo despite increasing the
build run"

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/271003-339891.jpg
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/271003-339908.jpg
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/271003-339909.jpg
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/271003-339910.jpg
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/271003-339922.jpg

takata
10-27-2003, 12:22 PM
perhaps this is gonna b ferrari 2nd edition of the Enzo?
they try to divert attentions by claiming that its a Maserati?

TT
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM
this enzo or the lambo gt, which would u want??

i would take the enzo cuz its a ferrari!

SFDMALEX
10-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Well it still got Ferrari badges on it and I highly doubt that Maserati/Ferrari would release anything that looks like a Ferrari. I think its just a new GT racer Ferrari is building for FIA GT or something.

BADMIHAI
10-27-2003, 05:07 PM
That has got to be the ultimate ricer wing!

KaBlookie
10-27-2003, 05:58 PM

lol i see where you're coming from, but i dont agree, cause that thing is actually functional :wink:

Well it still got Ferrari badges on it and I highly doubt that Maserati/Ferrari would release anything that looks like a Ferrari. I think its just a new GT racer Ferrari is building for FIA GT or something.

I couldn't agree more. There are ferrari badges on it, which means that Ferrari made the car, and is testing it. If it were a Maserati prototype, not only would you expect them to make it clearly different-looking (aside from the spoiler) from the Enzo, but they wouldn't "leave" the ferrari badges on it while testing, cause Maserati would be testing it. I really do hope Ferrari does make one to compete with the Murcielago R-GT racing car.

SFDMALEX
10-27-2003, 06:08 PM

lol i see where you're coming from, but i dont agree, cause that thing is actually functional :wink:

I couldn't agree more. There are ferrari badges on it, which means that Ferrari made the car, and is testing it. If it were a Maserati prototype, not only would you expect them to make it clearly different-looking (aside from the spoiler) from the Enzo, but they wouldn't "leave" the ferrari badges on it while testing, cause Maserati would be testing it. I really do hope Ferrari does make one to compete with the Murcielago R-GT racing car.

Murcielago was made to compete with the Prodrive Ferrari 550's and JMB 575s which it will hard time competing with. If this is the next Ferrari GT racer then its gonna dominate what ever it enters. Shit, it got 660BHP stock, with some race parts I see this car do 850+.

chest3r
10-27-2003, 07:28 PM
That big aileron is great. It lools like a lambo GT, the same color, a big aileron....

maalox
10-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Right now they're doing mechanical testing only (e.g. suspension, engine, etc.). The bodywork is to come later. It's rumoured that it's going to be a Maserati because Ferrari does not want to risk running a true "track" Ferrari (i.e. F40, F50, Enzo) and have it lose. So similar mechanicals but outwardly a different car with a different badge. And if Maserati does well, then Ferrari will be on top of two racing series!

BADMIHAI
10-28-2003, 12:11 AM
lol i see where you're coming from, but i dont agree, cause that thing is actually functional

Yes, but how functional would it be on a Civic, or Integra? I meant is would be the ultimate ricer wing in that sense...not on the Ferrari lol.

Johns
10-28-2003, 12:14 AM
that wing is ricey, eeww!! def dont like it, looks ruined :twisted:

SL55 AMG
10-28-2003, 12:36 AM
I am thinking they are just test photos of the Enzo before release. Due to the fact the spy photos had HUGE wings like that on them when the final version is so engineered it doesnt need them, just to through ppl off, just my thoughts. I also have to agree, Maserati i dont think would do this only becuase it is still an Enzo basically.

deth
10-28-2003, 01:43 AM
where did u get the info from? just seems kinda weird that ferrari would let maserati copy their most prestegious car. and what good would it be to test suspension, brakes etc if the chasis is different? i mean in the enzo isnt the roof an integral load bearing carbon fibre piece? so wouldnt it have to have the same appearance in order to maintain the same ridigity? it also seems strange that they tried so hard to camoflage the whole car but 'forgot' to take off the bright yellow badge off a black car?!

stradale
10-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Please read Sport Veloce's and maalox's info before responding. The car is still in its test phase. The Enzo bodywork doesn't mean anything. Of course it's not going to look like an Enzo.

This racing series is about rebuilding Maserati's image. But what I'm a little confused about is that Ferrari will build a Maserati that competes with their own cars. Until now Ferrari and Maserati have complemented eachother. They were aiming at different markets. Maserati at GTs and Ferrari at hardcore sports cars and faster GTs. To give Maserati more of a boost the plan is to build a high-end sports car, but the question is how good Ferrari allows it to be. To be honest, I don't really trust them on that. Imagine this new Maserati being just as good as the Enzo and looking just as good or better than the Enzo. Ferrari will still have the advantage of their brand name (it's not like everyone who wanted a Ferrari suddenly wants a Maserati from one day on the next), but it would hurt Ferrari's interests in the end.

I'm very curious and suspicious what developments we will see on this.

sportVeloce
10-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks stradale for making that point. I am not sure what it will look like when it comes out. Maserati sure are using a good "test bed".

From another source (apologies about the translation from French):

"Maserati will also reveal in the first half of a 2004 supercar based on the frame of Enzo Ferrari and of which will be in competition via the Championship WP-trusted reserved the WP and, more than probably, to gain its category at the 24 Hours of Mans 2005. That which is known under the name from "6000 WP" will thus mark the great return of Maserati to the competition. Marketed in limited series, it will find purchaser certainly easily. With the fact, thank you in Scuderia Ferrari!"

It is certainly exciting. I guess we have to wait and see.

stradale
10-29-2003, 06:46 PM
It's good to see Maserati back in racing. They have a legendary heritage and it's a shame lots of people don't know about it. After seeing the Victory by Design programme on Ferrari the other day I thought it would be nice if Ferrari were to try and win Le Mans again with a team with factory backing. After all, it's been since, what, 1965? This comes close, but maybe it's even better when they let Maserati do it.