PDA

View Full Version : Cars for others to try

gis
03-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Alright guys,i was testing out some of my cars this morning and got round to playing with my s2000 again on the nurburgring and got some settings adjusted and thought the car was awesome and wanted to see if you guys thought it was as good as i think it is

plus i figured we could use this topic to do this,tell each other of stock cars we boguth and modded to run good ont he nurburgring or other tracks

anyway ill start with my car

1999 Honda S2000 Mods bought from Amuse

Exhaust - Racing
Brakes - Racing brakes and Brake controller
Engine - Stage 3 NA
Port polish
Engine balancing
Racing chip
Drivetrain - Triple clutch
Racing flywheel
Suspension - Sports suspension kit
Tyres - Racing medium
Other - weight reduction 1,2 and 3

after those mods bought and oil change the power shoudl be around 380-390hp and weigh just over 1000kg

1999 Honda S2000 (Settings)

Exhaust - Racing
Computer - equiped
NA tune - stage 3
Tye type - Racing
Front tyres - Racing medium
Rear tyres - Racing medium
Nitrous - none
Turbo - none
intercooler - none
supercharger - none
Brakes - Racing
Brake controller - brake balance front 5 and rear 3
Suspension - sports - Ride height - Front 110 and rear 115
damper - Front 5 and rear 5
Camber - front 0.0 and rear 0.0
Transmission - standard
Clutch - triple plate
Flywheel - Racing
Propeller shaft - none
Driving Aids - ASM - 0
ASM - 0
TCS - 1
Downforce - Front 1 and rear 4 (add wing i have wing 3D Type AB)
LSD - standard
AYC - none
VCD controller - standard
weight balance 0 and 0

dingo
03-23-2005, 09:49 AM
and what time did you manage with this setup?

DeMoN
03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
I wish I could play this game. So many info here =/

gis
03-23-2005, 10:18 AM
so far i have done a 7:09.890 and that was with a few mistakes and there are people on here better than me so i reckon it could be very low 7's.....

have a try of it and let me know what you think of it....same for everyone who is willing to try it and let me know what they think :D

dingo
03-23-2005, 10:33 AM
I'll give it a go over the weekend probably, haven't been able to play all week because I have 3 assignments due for uni :(

komotar
03-23-2005, 11:24 AM
this is a great idea....I'll try your settings. I'll report tomorrow...

gis
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks komotar,be good to get sum feedback on how i set this car up,no doubt there will be sum improvement can be made here and there on what ive done so far,but the car is awesome how i got it now i just ran 7:01.385 which is 8 seconds faster than i did previously and i can still see room for improvement on that time i ran

RC45
03-23-2005, 02:11 PM
This is why I say the messed up the game by not allowing car setups to be stored as seperate files.

You could simply exchange setup files - without muckign about. This 3 setups per car is quite stupid.

;)

mindgam3
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Havent tried yours gis, but been trying to tame the Caterham for the 'ring....

Stock it's just WAY to stiff, this is my attempt at making her drivable at the 'ring:

All mods, take the supercharger and SEMI-RACING exhaust, not racing as you get more horses for some odd reason...

Suspension:

Spring Rate:
Front: 6.8
Rear: 6.9

Ride Height:
Front 69
Rear: 69

Damber Bounce:
Front: 5
Rear: 5

Damper Rebound:
Front: 7
Rear: 7

Camber:
Front 2.0
Rear: 1.0

Toe Angle:
Front: -1
Rear: 1

Stabaliser:
Front: 6
Rear: 5

ASM:
Oversteer: 0
Understeer: 5
TCS: 4

Its work in progress at the moment, it's slightly understeery if your offline, but if your near enough online it should be ok.

The problem with the caterham is it works best when its stiffly set up, but around the 'ring, this just doesen't work so you have to compromise between cornering ability, and its ability to ride the bumps.

Havent fiddled around with TCS or gear ratios, but this is good for around 170 down the back straight in 6th. Turn TCS down to 2 or 3 for a bit more throttle controlled steering.

Did a quick few laps in it managing around 8 minutes which isn't too bad considering I havent got a wheel. I reckon the low 7 minutes is easily possible with this car which would make it seriously quick for only 276bhp ;)

gis
03-23-2005, 05:03 PM
^^^ interesting i will try that out.i was gonna buy a caterham but my cousin told me not to as they suck he said,lol

anyone tried my s2000 yet?

No.1
03-23-2005, 05:10 PM
^^^ interesting i will try that out.i was gonna buy a caterham but my cousin told me not to as they suck he said,lol

I bought the Caterham Fireblade, and bought most option parts, except supercharger/turbo.

I thought it would be in its environment on the 'ring, yet after taking of and spinning into the barriers @ Flugplatz, i put it back in the garage. I haven't touched it since, but i'm sure that with a bit of fine tuning, it will handle like a dream. So, mindgam3, keep on updating that specification you have up there, i would love to see how it turns out :D

mindgam3
03-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Will do ;)

You would've thought it would be one of the fastest road cars around the 'ring as stock (as it is in real life), ah well, still tweaking bits of it ;)

No.1
03-23-2005, 05:39 PM
It was a massive disappointment really. :(

Although it is the fireblade, not the R500.

I thought it was so crap, i didn't even bother taking it to any other tracks. I think it should be good at the Midfield raceway, as the surface is smooth, but the straight is going to harm the laptime. Maybe the Paris/Hong Kong courses would suit it more :?

mindgam3
03-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Try my setup mate, best compromise i've found for the ring, sticks through the bumps alot better than stock setup although still not perfect.... yet ;)

dickhertz
03-23-2005, 06:19 PM
hmm I tried that caterham, and it feels too light IMO, just flies into the air at the slightest excuse

mindgam3
03-23-2005, 06:35 PM
hmm I tried that caterham, and it feels too light IMO, just flies into the air at the slightest excuse

Yeah, whatever the setup, you've gotta be mindful of curbs on the 'ring with it. You've also got to break before the two major "humps" on the 'ring that are both before corners.

dingo
03-24-2005, 11:32 AM
well back to the original car, I found myself (finally) a '00 S2000 and used the same settings as gis and managed a 7:04.473 :)
For my liking the car is too twitchy/sensitive - not sure how to explain it properly, but it may just be my driving style :? I will play around with the settings and see if i can get it to suit me :D

gis
03-24-2005, 11:38 AM
it is a bit twitchy when hitting the bumps,but i managed to get it to stick with my driving style on there.but the car is fun to drive dont you think?

dingo
03-24-2005, 11:41 AM
yeah it is, I only did a couple of laps (so more practice might help getting used to its behaivour) and now I have to go to bed so I'll give it another go sometime :D

tuffguy
03-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Personally, I really like the Z4 for a lap around the 'Ring. I don't know if anyone else has tried it.

gis
03-24-2005, 12:04 PM
nope not tried a Z4 but i may giv that a go in arcade to see if its any good to work on,but i was thinkin a 350Z next to work on :)

tuffguy
03-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot that the 350Z was even in the game!

gis
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
lol i just have a feeling that car will be good when its lightly tuned with slight suspension tweaks.make it a bit lighter and get a power of about 400-450hp.....i think it could be pretty fun

Pimp Racer
03-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot that the 350Z was even in the game!

Holy hell so did I!!!

BTW great topic gis! I will post some later on when I get the time hopefully that will be tommorow? :D

No.1
03-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Try my setup mate, best compromise i've found for the ring, sticks through the bumps alot better than stock setup although still not perfect.... yet ;)

Not saying you should work for Lotus or owt, but your setup has improved it a lot.... tends to spend a larger amount of time with 4 (or at least 3 wheels) on the ground at the ring. :wink:

Still, you would have thought that Caterham would have asked for a "test-drive" before allowing PD to put it into the game, as i'm sure the real Fireblade doesn't handle like that :|

gis
03-24-2005, 07:04 PM
i just got a 350Z....well its the one named fairlady Z ST or sumthin like that

sports brakes
stage 1 lightweight reduction
racing chip
racing exhaust and filter
racing medium tyres
oil change

thats all i did and its a fun drive already and its hardly modded :)

tuffguy
03-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Did a quick few laps in it managing around 8 minutes which isn't too bad considering I havent got a wheel. I reckon the low 7 minutes is easily possible with this car which would make it seriously quick for only 276bhp ;)
You're right... Mini-me just did a quick run in 6'57. Great settings!

tuffguy
03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
i just got a 350Z....well its the one named fairlady Z ST or sumthin like that

sports brakes
stage 1 lightweight reduction
racing chip
racing exhaust and filter
racing medium tyres
oil change

thats all i did and its a fun drive already and its hardly modded :)
I'll be getting mine in about an hour. :mrgreen:

mindgam3
03-28-2005, 12:26 PM

Not saying you should work for Lotus or owt, but your setup has improved it a lot....

Funny you should say that, i'm applying to work there for a year later this year and hopefully go back to gain chartered engineer status after I've finished my degree ;)

No.1
03-28-2005, 01:40 PM

Not saying you should work for Lotus or owt, but your setup has improved it a lot....

Funny you should say that, i'm applying to work there for a year later this year and hopefully go back to gain chartered engineer status after I've finished my degree ;)

8)

Good luck... athough i'm sure your good enough to get the job anyway :)

RC45
03-28-2005, 11:42 PM
I had some great fun this weekend mucking about with the Cizeta Moroder V16T...

Turn the computer assists off, dial up pro-steering... and head to your favourite road. :twisted:

What follows is a quick lesson in off-throttle over steer like you have seldom experienced.

This car is my current favourite.

It tops out at about 210mp at Le Mans... and takes great patience to master braking from a slip streamed 220mph for the 1st gear right hander... all the while the car is trying to swap ends.

I wonder if the Diablo is this much of a hand full in 2wd form?

Robledo
03-29-2005, 12:00 AM
ahahaa I drove that stock Cizeta in some races as I had it, its EVIL :mrgreen:

DMbaseball1604
03-29-2005, 03:36 AM
I dont have the game in front of me so I'm not positive which RUF models are available (I thought I would leave it at home in hopes of being able to study more) but I believe the RUF version of the boxter is available and I think that would fair pretty well around the ring as well.

Pimp Racer
04-02-2005, 02:12 PM
ahahaa I drove that stock Cizeta in some races as I had it, its EVIL :mrgreen:
I second that! Anyone who has it DRIVE it ASAP! Its a fucking beast I tell ya! And sounds nice!