PDA

View Full Version : What PS2 must be connected to?

ARMAN
03-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Never played PS2, never wanted one, never even thought about wanting one... until now :D
Question: can I connect PS2 to the monitor of PC? thru the PC? or it has to be to TV only?
If TV only then I have to by PS2+wheel+TV :shock: oh yes, and GT4 of course :mrgreen:
I saw they sell here GT4+PS2 for ~200€, wheel another ~150€, TV..... 200-250€.......... well it will be pretty expensive "toy" :?

mindgam3
03-19-2005, 08:45 PM
f you've got a TV/Video card with AV connections then it will be easy, if not, you'd probably need a scart/AV to PC monitor adapter of some sort

deth
03-19-2005, 09:15 PM
yup, u can buy a cheap-ish tv-tuner card for about $75 or less. thats how i'm playing GT4 :D

Pimp Racer
03-19-2005, 09:22 PM
I suggest buy everything you buy ( PS2,GT4, and wheel ) off Ebay if you want it cheap. Oh and also get that tv tuner card thingy off ebay also! So you will end up paying about 80-90 USD for a PS2 , Maybe 20 USD for a used GT4? Tuner Cards are probably like 25-50 USD and the wheel if you buy the Driving Force 50-60 bucks but I saw some go for like 10 - 20 bucks brand new!!! The Driving Force Pro 70 - 80 bucks. So you will save alot of money if you buy them off ebay! But it will be kinda risky.

micky21
03-19-2005, 09:22 PM
yup, u can buy a cheap-ish tv-tuner card for about $75 or less. thats how i'm playing GT4 :D

yep you can do that but it looses quite a bit of quality compared to viewing on a tv IMO :(

but, saying that I use my dell 2001fp monitor that also has a/v and svideo inputs and can function properly as a tv and it rocks, so some monitors do work ok :P

ARMAN
03-20-2005, 04:06 AM
Thanx for comments guys :wink:

Hm... I think it has some TV out :? not sure what it is and if its what I need.

@Pimp Racer - thats a greta savings but in dont think ebay work in czech and if I buy something bad from other country how will I chase them to kick butt? :mrgreen: BTW how is it that new whell costs 10-20€? They are stolen or what? :?

Pimp Racer
03-20-2005, 01:17 PM

@Pimp Racer - thats a greta savings but in dont think ebay work in czech and if I buy something bad from other country how will I chase them to kick butt? :mrgreen: BTW how is it that new whell costs 10-20€? They are stolen or what? :?

Well you can just return it I guess and file a compliant or something? I dont think that the wheels the people must be selling are new for sure. I think they are used and maybe a bit abused or maybe they were bought in whole? I have no clue.

I just did a quick ebay search and came up with these -

*EDIT*
Link is too damn long!

ARMAN
03-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Well you can just return it I guess and file a compliant or something? I dont think that the wheels the people must be selling are new for sure. I think they are used and maybe a bit abused or maybe they were bought in whole? I have no clue.

Thanx Pimp Racer :wink: but I would go for new one with warranty :wink:

Pimp Racer
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
[quote=ARMAN]Thanx for comments guys :wink:

I just did a quick ebay search and came up with these -

Thanx Pimp Racer :wink: but I would go for new one with warranty :wink:

Ah yes I understand. Which one do you plan on getting? THe Driving force or the Driving Force Pro? You can get wheel from like Madkatz or something but I dont know if they are good or not.

RC45
03-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Every MAdkatz is a piece of rap.

Period.

Unless you go for one of the Logitech USB Force Feedback wheels (any Logitech wheel (even the old red PC or blue PS2 GT3 one) you are ok.

Any of the game connector wheels are utter trash - and you will hate wheels forever.

ARMAN
03-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I guess Driving Force Pro GT4 as they say its the BEST for GT4 - 130€, there is also Driving Force GT3 for almost half price :? ... um next or the month after, have to buy PS2 first :mrgreen:

Pimp Racer
03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Every MAdkatz is a piece of rap.

Period.

Unless you go for one of the Logitech USB Force Feedback wheels (any Logitech wheel (even the old red PC or blue PS2 GT3 one) you are ok.

Any of the game connector wheels are utter trash - and you will hate wheels forever.

A peice of rap huh? :lol:
BTW I suggested to him the Madkatz becuase it was cheap. I never tried it and dont plan on to. :) Oh and I dont think the old red one for the PC works with the PS2 does it? The blue one works but it doesnt have the 900 degrees mode! :(

I guess Driving Force Pro GT4 as they say its the BEST for GT4 - 130€, there is also Driving Force GT3 for almost half price :? ... um next or the month after, have to buy PS2 first :mrgreen:

Ah I see. When do you plan on getting everything? And mind taking out that link to ebay since its too damn long. :lol:

RC45
03-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh and I dont think the old red one for the PC works with the PS2 does it?

Uhm - I would have hoped by now that you would realize I don't say things if they are not true. Or I don't have some factual basis to fall back on.. :P

I have and have used a red Logitech PC USB force feed back wheel with the PS2. It worked very well with GT3 and other games... so I am 99% confident it will work with GT4... :) (I have way too many wheels - hell I even have Ferrari wheel for the Dreamcast)

The blue one works but it doesnt have the 900 degrees mode! :(

And neither do any othe Logitech wheels.. :)

ARMAN
03-20-2005, 03:23 PM
In next 2 months probably :( 2 months of watching your pics :| :lol:
I hope prices will got down a bit as PS3 will be luched in summer or so :mrgreen:

RC45 thanx for advices :wink:

Pimp Racer
03-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh and I dont think the old red one for the PC works with the PS2 does it?

Uhm - I would have hoped by now that you would realize I don't say things if they are not true. Or I don't have some factual basis to fall back on.. :P

I have and have used a red Logitech PC USB force feed back wheel with the PS2. It worked very well with GT3 and other games... so I am 99% confident it will work with GT4... :) (I have way too many wheels - hell I even have Ferrari wheel for the Dreamcast)

The blue one works but it doesnt have the 900 degrees mode! :(

And neither do any othe Logitech wheels.. :)

Ah I see. My bad. :) I got it stuck in my head now. :)

In next 2 months probably :( 2 months of watching your pics :| :lol:
I hope prices will got down a bit as PS3 will be luched in summer or so :mrgreen:

RC45 thanx for advices :wink:

You gonna get a new or used PS2? (Wow looks like I will have at least one hit on my site everyday hopefully for the next 2 months. :lol: )

ARMAN
03-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow looks like I will have at least one hit on my site everyday hopefully for the next 2 months
LOL

New again I guess, used one only if someone I know will sell it

ZfrkS62
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
OK, i got a question:

The PS2 has two USB ports obviously(fig 1), and my DSL router has a USB jack as well(fig2). Since my computer is obviously routed into the DSL router, is it possible to hook the USB ports on the PS2 to the DSL router to transfer replays and suck to my hard drive?

fig 1:
http://img201.exs.cx/img201/8708/dscf00012bg.th.jpg (http://img201.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img201&image=dscf00012bg.jpg)

fig 2:
http://img201.exs.cx/img201/4571/dscf00034jm.th.jpg (http://img201.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img201&image=dscf00034jm.jpg)

Pimp Racer
03-23-2005, 11:26 PM
ZfrkS62 let me get this straight. You want transfer replay from your PS2 to your Computer using a USB cord? Its possbile if you have a Shark Port or an AR Max I believe but the way you are talking about using your DSL router and such I have no clue on that buddy. I am a computer noob with things like that. :lol:

ZfrkS62
03-24-2005, 12:15 AM
^ have no fear. i just watched everything you just said sail right over my head :lol:

Pimp Racer
03-24-2005, 06:13 PM
^ have no fear. i just watched everything you just said sail right over my head :lol:

:lol: Ok let me put it simple. From one computer noob to another here I go. :lol:

You need this device called a Sharkport to transfer your replays from your PS2 to your USB thingy then to your Computer! :D