PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Driving Games - what to get?

TransAm
03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I have $100 on a gift card for one of the game/movie stores after trading a load of DVDs in last weekend

I would like to buy a couple of driving games for PS2 on the way home tonight, I am going to get TOCA2, but for my other choice I am undecided

I already have GT4.

Is there anything else worth getting, or anything that will be released in the coming months that is looking good? I have read about this 'Enthusia' game...

MadMax
03-18-2005, 01:45 PM
buy more copies of GT4.. its so good its worth it ;)

Daggernite
03-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Enthusia looks very good, also check out WRC4, thats a very fun game which is diffrent from GT4. But another idea to consider is,,,, Since you have GT4 and thats pretty much the ultimate driving game, why not buy the steering wheel to go with it? It boosts the fun even higher :)

TransAm
03-18-2005, 03:12 PM
buy more copies of GT4.. its so good its worth it ;)

I will buy a PAL version in about 12 months Dan, so while you might have been joking (although one can never tell with you :P) it is going to happen :lol: :wink: Hey it could have been worse, I guess you could have told me that based on my 9.04 ringtime with the Alfa GT, I need the practice.. yeah yeah, I know :(

Enthusia looks very good, also check out WRC4, thats a very fun game which is diffrent from GT4. But another idea to consider is,,,, Since you have GT4 and thats pretty much the ultimate driving game, why not buy the steering wheel to go with it? It boosts the fun even higher :)

Already have the 'wheel, thanks! :wink:

mindgam3
03-18-2005, 03:39 PM
The WRC series IMO is crap and unrealistic.

Most realistic rally game out there is Richard burns if thats your thing, Colin Mcrae is the best compromise between realism and pick up and play....

TOCA 2's a good choice, not really too many recent good driving games out that can live up to the graphics of GT4 - I always find no matter how good a came is, if you play a similar game with worse graphics afterwards it just isnt the same

RC45
03-18-2005, 03:43 PM
You know, I enjoy WRC way more than colin mcrae rally 3 - is Richard Burns one betta?

mindgam3
03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
You know, I enjoy WRC way more than colin mcrae rally 3 - is Richard Burns one betta?

Depends how you define better - not as good graphics as either of the above but definately way more realistic, probably closest to a proper rally sim that there is out there.

The thing i didnt like in WRC3 was the cars all seemed to pivot about their centre when cornering n therefore not very realistic. Graphics are probably best of the 3 though.

RC45
03-18-2005, 04:05 PM
The thing i didnt like in WRC3 was the cars all seemed to pivot about their centre when cornering n therefore not very realistic.

That's probably what made it loadsa fun to thrash about with a steering wheel... makes you believe for all the world you are a WRC guru.... hehe

TransAm
03-18-2005, 04:09 PM
The thing i didnt like in WRC3 was the cars all seemed to pivot about their centre when cornering n therefore not very realistic.

That's probably what made it loadsa fun to thrash about with a steering wheel... makes you believe for all the world you are a WRC guru.... hehe

Sounds like my kind of game!

We don't get as many rally games over here, so I am limited to the US-market PS2 rally games...

I know RBR isn't available... :cry: