PDA

View Full Version : Official PC driving SIM Topic...

RC45
03-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Real Simulators only Please

^^^ send the "secret formula" for configuring some decent PC sims... :P

Files to DL, patches to apply, skins to include, sounds to pathc in and tracks to apply... heheh

Are you serious or just kidding? :|

If your serious then first thing go and buy GTR of amazon.co.uk
Doesnt need any patches, except I can send you a 300mb zip full of addon tracks :wink:

Pick up rbr at amazon.com, no patches needed there.

And if you want I can recomend some cool F1c 9902 mods, but I dont really do F1c anymore.

I'm serious - I actually bought F1 2002 for this purpose. GTR is next on the list. Can you "download" GTR and just pay? Or do you need to purchase the CD's?

sameerrao
03-16-2005, 04:10 PM
I've driven the demo of GTR and it looks pretty cool. I've yet to try out the GTR 2.0 demo that someone here posted. I think I also might be interested in this.

The main issue with this game is that most of the tracks are pretty flat and boring except Spa (new) and Nurburgring that you can d/l elsewhere.

Also, I read somewhere that you can get Gran Turismo 4 for the PC. Is this true? I would rather get the PC version over the PS2 version.

And in the vein of "real simulators" look for Grand Prix Legends. Its my all-time fave driving simulator.

SFDMALEX
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM
RC45-
No you can not dowload and pay. You need the CDs.
It is not out in NA yet but you can purchase it here:
GTR - FIA GT Racing Game (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

It's not a buggy product and patches that do come out are usualy addons, such as new vehicles and multiplayer improvment stuff. So you can install it and play it. But dont worry the retails version for the world release, the one I gave you the link to is version 1.3 which already has all the goodies.

Then there is Richarb Burns RAlly which you can get off amazon.com, or a local shop.

Then we have Live For Speed which you can Pay and download.

And then GPL....but there are too many updates for it so I dont even bother with it anymore.

DeMoN
03-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes you can dload GTR and play, illegally that is.

RC45
03-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks.. :)

I have GPL - but got bored with the early F1 cars.

Sameer - there is no PC GT4 ... at least that's what we have been told.

Well - thats a start, but I would like to do the online racing as well - I hipe there is a No CD crack - or that you can at least burn copies of the CD.

I have far too many gams that are now unplayable because the copy protected Play CD is scratched or damaged.

SFDMALEX
03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks.. :)

I have GPL - but got bored with the early F1 cars.

Sameer - there is no PC GT4 ... at least that's what we have been told.

Well - thats a start, but I would like to do the online racing as well - I hipe there is a No CD crack - or that you can at least burn copies of the CD.

I have far too many gams that are now unplayable because the copy protected Play CD is scratched or damaged.

Well all I have to say is Starfoce. ITs a pain in the ass to by pass it, plus you cant race online.

RC45
03-16-2005, 04:38 PM
^^^ But what about duping the CD - ??? I am hestitant to buy another game that forces me to wear out the play CD.

I am talking about purchasing the full version for an online license... but not interested if it means being dependant on the CD.

SFDMALEX
03-16-2005, 04:39 PM
^^^ But what about duping the CD - ??? I am hestitant to buy another game that forces me to wear out the play CD.

Not sure man. I can tell you in a week or so when I get my original. I still have the dev build installed.

RC45
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM

Not sure man. I can tell you in a week or so when I get my original. I still have the dev build installed.

Well - share the dev build... :P ;) -- I mean I will store it for you in my Fire Proof Safe on DVD... :P

SFDMALEX
03-16-2005, 04:45 PM

Well - share the dev build... :P ;) -- I mean I will store it for you in my Fire Proof Safe on DVD... :P

The dev builds are even more protected :wink: New serial every 30days. A serial per system. It checks the specs of the PC with the starforce server. Even a bios flash will require a new serial :wink:

Plus Id be braking my NDA. And I would never do that.

SFDMALEX
03-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Little GTR Review From Gamespy.

I've recently learned that there are two types of driving simulations: the ones that, while challenging, are forgiving enough to allow laymen to get a grip on them (e.g., Gran Turismo), and the serious ones, which require the utmost in concentration and dedication to get farther than the starting grid. GTR falls into the latter category. The SimBin-developed, 10tacle-published racing game provides what has to be the most legitimate simulation of driving available. The team's methods for realizing this are downright scientific.

But first, let's get into the race series that GTR is based on. The FIA GT Championship, a largely European phenomenon, is based around the racing of "supercars." You know, those ones that go like a million miles per hour and cost about as many dollars to build. The series is quite popular in Europe, where it's in its eighth season. Alongside the FIA European Touring Car Championship and the Formula Renault V6 Eurocup, it's part of the prestigious LG Super Racing Weekend series. In any case, SimBin saw a niche.

The team has modest roots. Its origins, if you'd believe it, are as a mod group with members scattered across the globe in places like Sweden, England, and Colombia. Using EA's F1 Championship engine, the team created a free-for-download version of GTR using the FIA GT Championship cars and teams. It turned out to be hugely popular, and this attracted the attention of the FIA, which subsequently granted SimBin use of the license. This, in turn, attracted the attention of 10tacle Studios, who is now publishing the game. And this is how, Cinderella-style, a gang of talented mod developers went from a group of guys building something in their spare time, to a fully funded (albeit remotely connected) game studio.

Though it was quite hardcore back when it was a mod, the association with FIA has allowed SimBin to bring the detail in GTR to absurd levels. They claim that their car chassis are the most destructible ever rendered in a retail game, and I believe it -- I spent a good portion of my demo crashing into things (not always by intention), and the results are insane. All of the tracks are re-created using GPS and CAD, and MOTEC data, ensuring fine levels of accuracy. MOTEC, by the way, is the same software that racing professionals use to read race telemetry. This means that the tracks in GTR will "age" throughout the course of a race, just like they would in real life. Certain portions of their areas will become slicker, for instance, as the racing lines start to form on them.

A lot has gone into making you feel like you're really behind the wheel of these death machines. The interiors of all of them will be individually rendered to resemble their real-life counterparts, right down the distinct style of the working instrument panels and on-board MOTEC displays. The seats will be fully adjustable, too, and the internal view will change accordingly. What's coolest, however, is how the game uses motion-sending IR technology. If you're properly equipped (with a sensor on your Budweiser cap and a motion reader mounted on your monitor), the game will read the movements of your head and map the camera view outside to its motions. The demo version I got to try out had this feature functioning, and it really does a lot to make the experience feel that much more legit.

But how does it feel to play? Well, in a word, it's challenging as hell. It takes a lot of patience and even more concentration to drive with something resembling proficiency. This is a sim in the truest sense. It already has a sizable audience, however (a less fully featured version is already available in Europe, and, of course, there are the holdovers from its days as a free mod), and if those people are any indication, quite a few of you out there are into driving simulations that are this demanding. Its biggest draw seems to be its online component, which can support up to 56 cars in a single race, and for which countless servers already exist. Those of you who can't quite get into racing this hardcore probably won't buy GTR. But if you get it for Christmas or something, rest easy knowing that there is a fully fleshed-out arcade mode included in the retail game.

I've you've got a hankering for racing the realest, most demanding, and least forgiving variety possible, then GTR has got you covered. The guys who built are self-professed "racing nerds," and if your tastes run anything close to their own, then chances are GTR might be your dream racer.

RC45
03-16-2005, 10:26 PM
"racing nerds"... hehe hehe ;)

Minacious
03-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Yep, I'm a RACING NERD.

SFDMALEX
03-17-2005, 01:41 AM
"racing nerds"... hehe hehe ;)

Racing enthusiats would be much better.

SPEEDCORE
03-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Well im anti - GT fan, the game isnt that good (/hides)

It would never hit PC, simply cause its such a big money spinner for the playstation they would be crazy to put it on PC, there wouldnt be a reason to buy a PS2. Like how xbox keeps games 6-12mths b4 hitting PC, milking ppl is the key.

GP2/3/4 is the best racing sim ever(havent played GTR yet). GPLegends was/is a great game as well if u willing to spend many many hrs to get it rite.

Starforce3 is a bitch to crack soo most groups get around it by using tools that disable the CDROM channels. Soo at the moment there is a clonecd release of it with the starforce nitemare kit.

tigerx
03-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Hey SFDMALEX, since you noe so much about GTR, can you like tell me an approximate date when it will come out on Xbox in canada?

DeMoN
03-17-2005, 08:52 AM
yeah no online play if you want to crack it. Just play non-online tull u become real good. Then you buy original. I am saving money to buy a wheel and stuff... then ill re play GTR and then buy it.

SFDMALEX
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey SFDMALEX, since you noe so much about GTR, can you like tell me an approximate date when it will come out on Xbox in canada?

1) I really dont know.

2) If I knew I wouldnt tell you.