PDA

View Full Version : The most original TV program from your country?

T-Bird
03-14-2005, 02:01 AM
ha ha actually there was a show called strip poker here in the states aswell but no one ever got fully naked.

Toronto
03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
canadian eh? well Trailer Park Boys is funny as hell, and a show that is really out there on it own.

Daggernite
03-14-2005, 03:03 AM
TV is pretty poor these days, at 7PM my nan like alot of other people in england, take control of the TV and watch, Emmadale, Coronation street and Eastenders :? !! There all proper chessey aswell. But as for the most original TV program, well I'm not too sure. There was this show on yesterday which was pretty good. It was about these two generals, who control a virtual roman army, Even little Richard Hammond was on there, and the show after that called ruffs or summat.

lev_p
03-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Räsypokka (strippoker),

Actually, that's an old one too. Saw it about 8 or 9 years ago on Russian TV (NTV), the only difference being only one couple at a time, filmed at a TV studio. They also had erotic ballet dancers there and a special or unusual car every show. It was hosted by a guy, who is a showman and also a racing driver.
Later he hosted a show, where 2 groups of 4 people had to escape police chace in Moscow for 30 minutes, while their cars were equipped with a GSM positioner. That was also a nice show, with real police chaces. Cameras were both in the escaping cars and in police vehicles (there were 6 of them). The winner took the car (Daewoo Super Racer :? ).
Here in Israel we have a show that I have yet to see on other TV channels, where couples compete in different tasks, both logical and physical throught the country. Every couple gets a jeep for the task, and the prize is a 4 room apartment.

komotar
03-14-2005, 04:07 AM
well, I can't think of a cool show in Slovenia, but I almost always tune in
to a german show called TV TOTAL with Stefan Raab.

He is one of the coolest guys on the planet...

The sketches he pulls are unbelivable and his crazy ideas, competitions...

the guy can pull off anything.

blah
03-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Sealab 2021, The Venture Brothers, and Home Movies. Can you tell i only watch tv at night?

T-Bird
03-14-2005, 04:16 AM
do other countries have shows like Overhaulin where they properly fix up a junk car and DON'T make it look like shit?
Also does anyone have a show like the Amazing Race where couples race around the world completing some pretty cool tasks?
I think we originated the Adult Oriented Cartoons.
Shows like the Sopranos, Deadwood (they really push the boundaries being on HBO) Real Time with Bill Maher and The Daily Show.

TransAm
03-14-2005, 09:38 AM
I think the British claim to fame here is going to be our Comedy shows, from the early 80's til today, excepting Benny 'twat' Hill of course, and that awful 'gags' progamme I see on BBCA occasionally.

The best of them all must be Fawlty Towers

"Thats not a hamster, it's a rat. Don't you have rats in Barcelona or did Franco have them all shot?"

"The Office" is probably the most original of the newer comedy shows. "Have I got news for you" is a current affairs / political satire quiz, very funny indeed, and quite original in terms of the concept, IMHO.

We also have some classics over the past twenty years: Red Dwarf, The Fast Show, Alas Smith and Jones, the Mary Whitehouse experience, Not the Nine O'Clock news.

A lot of these are available on torrent sites, particularly UK sites. PM me if you want the website.

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx :oops:

bmwmpower
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
here is every show with west style so nothing special

oh i had idea
show called Mojsejovci http://mojsejovci.markiza.sk/

about very rich husbands

TransAm
03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
^ Big Brother - dutch idea, but ripped off by every other country. Very original idea though, IMHO.

666fast
03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx

I was flipping through the channels and somehow ended up watching that show the other day. The first 10 minutes was some old woman just sitting in her room. I'm gonna have to say it was one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen! LOL
Some dude was also pissed at some dog the entire show.

TransAm
03-15-2005, 12:19 PM
As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx

I was flipping through the channels and somehow ended up watching that show the other day. The first 10 minutes was some old woman just sitting in her room. I'm gonna have to say it was one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen! LOL
Some dude was also pissed at some dog the entire show.

You did well to find it considering its not been on TV in this part of the USA since Sept 03. It sounds like an old episode on PBS to me.

Anyway, IMHO it's better than a lot of the american crap I have to put up with :roll: :mrgreen:

/dons flameproof suit... :)

Anile8er
03-15-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree with dani_d_mas. In Spain the best TV show, at our days, is Buenafuente. He is so funny!!!!!
There are lots of rubbish (the most of TV programs) like VIP big brother with "famous" people, etc.

:?

ZfrkS62
03-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I think the Married with Children was pretty original. It was a far cry from the "happy family" shows of it's day. Now we have the Simpsons and Family Guy :wink:

I think these days though, CSI is the probably the most original show on (the original one, not Miami or NY) But i don't have cable so there are alot of channels i'm missing :(

ferrarif1fan89
03-15-2005, 10:22 PM
i LOVE Viva LaBam. that shit is HYSTERICAL! :lol:

antonioledesma
03-15-2005, 10:38 PM
mm, I avoided this topic for a while to think about the most original program... :? And I couldn't think about a single one, here all the tv is pure crap.
we have bunch of soap operas, right now we have big bored 3 and another reality show in which ppl want to be famous pop stars.
shitty game shows, mmmm

I would say the best programs are a cultural shows. One is "la dichosa palabra" and in that show the presenters (3 or 4) say a definition of a word and you must call for prizes. Of course in the program also you can call so they can tell you what is the origin and definition of a word

ZfrkS62
03-15-2005, 10:44 PM
i LOVE Viva LaBam. that shit is HYSTERICAL! :lol:

I've got the first season on DVD and laughed my ass off at them tunneling under Don Vito's house :lol: I was kinda pissed to ind out that they left out the pre-show banter and antics (i.e. Ape telling Bam that she didn't care how the piano disappeared just prior to their scavenger hunt :lol: )

ferrarif1fan89
03-15-2005, 10:47 PM
did you see the new episode where vito fucks up apes aniversery? its soo fucking great!

ZfrkS62
03-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I don't get cable unfortunatley, so i'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD :( I"m also wating for Dukes of Hazzard season 3 :D

::starts humming theme song::

TransAm
03-16-2005, 09:44 AM
mm, I avoided this topic for a while to think about the most original program... :? And I couldn't think about a single one, here all the tv is pure crap.
we have bunch of soap operas, right now we have big bored 3 and another reality show in which ppl want to be famous pop stars.
shitty game shows, mmmm

What is it called in Mexico?

In the UK it is "Pop Idol" yet over here it is "American Idol" it's interesting how cultural differences even affect the names of shows.

Mrs transam insists on watching these numpties who ought to get out and find proper jobs...

Fleischmann
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
In the UK it is "Pop Idol" yet over here it is "American Idol" it's interesting how cultural differences even affect the names of shows.

I Poland it's just plain "Idol".

There aren't any good TV shows in poland, all of them suck balls :( That is why I hardly ever watch TV, just spend my life in front of the PC :D

antonioledesma
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
shitty game shows, mmmm

What is it called in Mexico?

Mrs transam insists on watching these numpties who ought to get out and find proper jobs...

we have 2!!! each one from different channels.
One is with kids, and it's awful to see them trying to become famous and then crying out loud. It's called... " código fama" (code:fame)
the other is with teens and ppl a little more grown up, and it's called "la academia" (the academy) , but it's a mixture with big brother
but in these programs the ppl stay with calls from the viewers. So the person who has the least calls will be out of the competition.
Imagine... 2 usd for each call, and each show has about 100,000 calls each week

lev_p
03-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, here is one show that isn't from USA and still does very good around the world: "The Weakest Link". Original BBC show. Hate it....
From the same sort of shows, comes "The Vault". Purely Israeli invention now said to be sold out to few TV broadcasters around the world.
Can't think about more programs. ANd that's funny, because it the case of "shoemaker walks barefoot". I work on TV and don't even have cables or satellite at home :lol:

FoxFour
03-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Telemundo. Poor man's Playboy Channel :P
http://www.sixsixfive.com/images/ceroenconducta.jpg

coombsie66
03-18-2005, 07:01 AM
I think the British claim to fame here is going to be our Comedy shows, from the early 80's til today, excepting Benny 'twat' Hill of course, and that awful 'gags' progamme I see on BBCA occasionally.

"Thats not a hamster, it's a rat. Don't you have rats in Barcelona or did Franco have them all shot?"

"The Office" is probably the most original of the newer comedy shows. "Have I got news for you" is a current affairs / political satire quiz, very funny indeed, and quite original in terms of the concept, IMHO.

We also have some classics over the past twenty years: Red Dwarf, The Fast Show, Alas Smith and Jones, the Mary Whitehouse experience, Not the Nine O'Clock news.

A lot of these are available on torrent sites, particularly UK sites. PM me if you want the website.

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx :oops:

Oh, ofcourse trans you've missed the 'little britain' phenomenon over here, very very funny program, quite sick at times, very original and it's one of those 'you get it or you hate it' shows. I find it hillarious though, undoubtably the fast show of this generation.

FoxFour
03-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Here in the States, our TV's our 'suffering' from 'Reality TV' over dosage. I generally watch shows like 'Stargate SG1', Battlestar Galactica' and sometimes 'Smallville'. Also, 'SPEED' has a few good shows. They do have a new 'reality' show called 'Build or Bust' where they get a person who wants to build a bike from scratch, must do it in 30 days or they don't keep the bike. Kind of a different show. Here you see all these guys from Exile custom bikes all wearing tattoos watching over the guy/gal trying to build the bike, generally shooting the bull with them and giving advice when they can and in the audio background the producers play classical music. Classical music? It works. And they do some other stuff that I find creative. Not your typical MTV, style shaky camera technique here.

TransAm
03-18-2005, 09:30 AM

Oh, ofcourse trans you've missed the 'little britain' phenomenon over here, very very funny program, quite sick at times, very original and it's one of those 'you get it or you hate it' shows. I find it hillarious though, undoubtably the fast show of this generation.

Seen it out here, it is very funny, I'll give you that. I cannot stand the sight of Matt Lucas in skintights!! It's just makes me get all homophobic lol

mindgam3
03-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Takeshi's Castle from Japan - on sky all the time, fucking hilarious, especially with the english commentator :lol:

StanAE86
03-18-2005, 12:13 PM
I don't know about original, but I'll be the US is known for crap like Jerry Springer. :roll:

Butch
02-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Kaamelott from France: close to Monthy Python Holly Grall. Very Funny, if you speak French.

yg60m
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Indeed Kaamelott is great as was "Camera Café" before. I also like "1 gars une fille" :wink:

Mattk
02-06-2007, 08:27 AM
I like Thank God You're Here, where celebrities (usually actors and comedians) are thrust into the middle of a scripted sketch in which they have no idea what they are doing.

TopGearNL
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I only like ''De Lama's'' out of holland.

Its a humorisitc sketch where 4 actors improvise everything in front of an audience.

There's nothing like it and too bad its in Dutch because people here would have loved it! :( :D

nthfinity
02-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Obviously, "The Office" is the best US sitcom since Seinfeld!

:P :lol:

TopGearNL
02-09-2007, 06:30 PM
^Haven't seen the US version. The UK one, the original, was great tho.

OMG! That was great, got the full dvd box I love it. Ricky Gervais is a genius!

Haven't seen the US version neither..

novass
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Ricky Gervais is a producer or something for the US one but I dont know how much input he has on the show. Its funny as hell though.

Scrubs, My Name is Earl and Psych are all pretty good funny shows too. Numb3rs and Monk are also pretty good. I dont know how original those are though.

EDIT: BTW, Foxfour, nice avatar. Padma is hot :drool: You watch Top Chef?

TopGearNL
02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
/\/\ Ill definately give it a look then!

Thanks for the info! :D

Mattk
02-10-2007, 12:43 AM

The US version is pretty lame compared to the UK version, which is excellent.

My Name Is Earl is excellent. I watch it all the time.

nthfinity
02-10-2007, 01:59 AM

Ricky Gervais is a producer or something for the US one but I dont know how much input he has on the show. Its funny as hell though.

Scrubs, My Name is Earl and Psych are all pretty good funny shows too. Numb3rs and Monk are also pretty good. I dont know how original those are though.

EDIT: BTW, Foxfour, nice avatar. Padma is hot :drool: You watch Top Chef?
While i enjoy the US version, it was a stab at it's originality ;) Still have to see the UK version... but honestly, I only watch 24... but i've recently seen 2 eps. of Heroes and an episode of lost..... i dono if i can get into Lost... but heroes seems alright, and 24 is 93% big budget-ish action!