PDA

View Full Version : Bad Movies Channel

antonioledesma
03-12-2005, 11:45 PM
LONDON (Reuters) - Late-night TV watchers in search of hilariously terrible movies like "Plan 9 From Outer Place" can put down their remote controls as a new UK channel promises to gather them in one place.

The Bad Movies channel is set to debut in April on the Sky satellite service with a screening of Ed Wood's 1959 science fiction flop "Plan 9," which is widely considered one of the worst movies ever made.

The channel initially will run from 9 p.m. through 9 a.m. and feature other such classics as the 1953 mystery "Death Goes to School" and the 1962 drama "Dangerous Charter."
Camp horror and other low-budget films have become something of a global cult obsession, inspiring modern remakes like Daryl Hannah's 1993 turn in "Attack of the 50-Foot Woman," TV shows like "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and books on the subject, including "Bad Movies We Love."

"We haven't analyzed it too deeply," said Ashley Faull, founder director of Sit-Up Ltd., the TV company behind the channel.

"We just think there's a gap for ad-funded channels on Sky and you have to do something relatively different when competing for late-night viewers," he said Friday.

Film and TV critic Paul Ross, the brother of comedian and broadcaster Jonathan Ross, will introduce the movies.

In the 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. slot, Sit-Up is planning to run the female-targeted Matinee channel with more highly regarded movies, including the comedies "Carry On Admiral" and "The Pickwick Papers."
ondon-based Sit-Up already operates three shopping channels on British TV

Excellent!! you lucky british. of course I can't see it. But it should be great to see all those kind of movies. I'll send them copies of tons and tons of mexican movies :mrgreen:

ZfrkS62
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
LOL, those old ass b-movies are a riot. My stepdad loves em. For Christmas one year i got him "The Brain that wouldn't Die" :lol: He watched it for like 3 weeks straight and i got an earfull from my mom for it :lol:

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 12:07 AM
/\ not uless he did sci-fi movies :lol:

antonioledesma
03-13-2005, 12:07 AM
LOL, those old ass b-movies are a riot. My stepdad loves em. For Christmas one year i got him "The Brain that wouldn't Die" :lol: He watched it for like 3 weeks straight and i got an earfull from my mom for it :lol:

So a Chuck Norris dvd box set would be the best present ever for your stepdad then?

any sly stallone, arnold, seagal, and 90% of burt reynolds

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 12:12 AM
90% of burt reynolds

you leave the Bandit out of this :P

nthfinity
03-13-2005, 12:15 AM
^^^^
hmm cannonball run 2 anyone?

i wonder if this 'bad movies' channel will have every single movie found on the TV series 'mystery science theatre 3000' ??? those were some of the best bad movies ive ever seen! (yet somehow, i never once saw hitchhikers' guide on that program... must be because it was a good film ;) )

antonioledesma
03-13-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm guessing each one of us has a couple of bad movies that you like to see.
maybe a couple will chose frankenstein vs the werewolf, or dracula meets godzilla, but I have to pick the wrestle movies from mexico: Santo vs the guanajuato mommies, etc
http://www.primordiales.com.ar/images/15-Santo_Zombies.jpghttp://www.primordiales.com.ar/images/santo_mujeres.jpg
http://www.primordiales.com.ar/images/santo_marte.jpghttp://www.santoandfriends.com/santopictures/hijafrank.jpg

graywolf624
03-13-2005, 02:00 AM
any sly stallone, arnold, seagal,
I can see my tastes are a bit different then some around here.

Of course, the last academy award winning movie I saw in a theater was the only movie I ever walked out of.. So what do I know.

*In case your wondering, the movie was traffic. I thought the producer had to be on crack to switch scenes every few mins like they did.. I guess I'm just not artsy enough.

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 02:15 AM
but I have to pick the wrestle movies from mexico: Santo vs the guanajuato mommies, etc

why is it Mexican wrestlers all wear masks? this has always confused me

antonioledesma
03-13-2005, 02:17 AM
any sly stallone, arnold, seagal,
I can see my tastes are a bit different then some around here.

Of course, the last academy award winning movie I saw in a theater was the only movie I ever walked out of.. So what do I know.

*In case your wondering, the movie was traffic. I thought the producer had to be on crack to switch scenes every few mins like they did.. I guess I'm just not artsy enough.

oops, sorry, it was a joke. Of course the movies from the mentioned actors aren't the type for all persons, but b-movies are worse :wink: even if I watch them just to laugh

but I have to pick the wrestle movies from mexico: Santo vs the guanajuato mommies, etc

why is it Mexican wrestlers all wear masks? this has always confused me

why do american wrestlers are so theatrical??
now, cutting the bad jokes, it's because they want to hide their face (duh, of course), but most of these persons started very young, at 12-14 years old, and their parents would not allow them to wrestle, so what they did?
hide their face
also because you can always buy a mask and be that wrestler.

if you can answer me... why did the lone ranger used a mask?

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 02:29 AM
because american "wrestlers" are attention whores :P :lol:

and it's because he was hiding his identy since he was respected by the local police, but the Lone Ranger was considered a criminal (?) :D

Fleischmann
03-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I''ll send them all the films that are based on Polish literature (they suck). Together with a set of the Star Wars series :D

dominiquelee
03-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Excellent!! you lucky british. of course I can't see it. But it should be great to see all those kind of movies. I'll send them copies of tons and tons of mexican movies

whats funniest is 'sky' is a pay to view sattelite service, so know they expect people to pay to watch the worst shit ever, to go with all the other channels of shit they carrry...

they aren't getting my money :P

antonioledesma
03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Excellent!! you lucky british. of course I can't see it. But it should be great to see all those kind of movies. I'll send them copies of tons and tons of mexican movies

whats funniest is 'sky' is a pay to view sattelite service, so know they expect people to pay to watch the worst shit ever, to go with all the other channels of shit they carrry...

they aren't getting my money :P

I'm guessing that is the same company that offers satellite tv, also sky (great guess, don'tcha?) and it's full of shit. One religious channel, esoteric, a latin for the ppl that live un USA, and... omg, so much shit
If a girl likes to watch creamy, rose, sentimental and romantic films, which are the worst movies to me, I sometimes like to see some b-movies.

antonioledesma
03-14-2005, 03:23 PM
now on a saturday afternoon you can says only shit and bad movies are on the tv
and with my current selection of channels and their programs, I surely watch the b-movies :D

RC45
03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Been done before as Mystery Science Theatre 3000.... :)

ZfrkS62
03-14-2005, 10:03 PM

Which has also made its way to DVD :D But i think that having a channel dedicated to these kind of movies is just great. I kind of like to laugh at them withough having a pair of robot puppets mocking it for me :lol:

RC45
03-14-2005, 10:19 PM

Which has also made its way to DVD :D But i think that having a channel dedicated to these kind of movies is just great. I kind of like to laugh at them withough having a pair of robot puppets mocking it for me :lol:

But not to have tp pay extra for... ;)

ZfrkS62
03-14-2005, 10:27 PM

But not to have tp pay extra for... ;)

exactly. That alone is the drawback to the idea :(

SilviaEvo
03-14-2005, 11:50 PM
there was this one movie on the Sci-Fi Channel called Mosquito which was horribly shitty

dalvutim
03-18-2005, 06:29 PM
how do they pick movies for this channel though ? I betcha they don't have a poll or anything. That would rock though ... us being able to nominate our 'Worst Movies Ever'. I'd put Kill Bill right at the top there. Quentin Tarantino owes me the money I spent on the DVD. :x

antonioledesma
03-19-2005, 11:39 AM
simply the killbill series isn't a "regular" movie.
you must have the cinema background to see some of the homages that Tarantino makes.
he's a b-movie fan, loves westerns, and asian movies (now you can see the karate-kung fu) he finds hidden details in almost each movie he sees. He's a hardcore aficionado
if you have seen any western with its long dialogs without any kind of action, close ups, you'll see the similarities.
as with kung fu movies, you'll also find they are the same

antonioledesma
03-19-2005, 10:45 PM
just for the record... for you to see how much Q tarantino understands movies, beyond anyone, see "Sleep with me" (1994), great romance picture. And maybe you'll stopo reading here, but that comedy is excellent, the characters are "real", none of them are handsome, etc. ok, lets cut the bs. In a party, tarantino is talking with another guy and is explaining the hidden meaning of Top Gun. You must see this part
And in reservoir dogs, when all the band is eating breakfast, Mr. Pink explains madonna's song Like a Virgin. Another excellent point of view