PDA

View Full Version : Guide to the Nurburgring (Sudschleife included!)

ZfrkS62
03-12-2005, 09:29 PM
http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

I did a quick search and didn't see the site mentioned so hopefully this isn't a repost.

I stumbled upon this site while looking to see if anyone has ever cataloged all the graffiti on the Nordschleife. While this place doesn't have anything like that, it's got some cool stuff, including a satellite photo of the Ring with bend names that can be used as a wallpaper :D

Check out the Insurance link on the site if you want to see what used to be a beautiful black F360 :(

heath
03-13-2005, 02:17 AM
my god, that has to be the most comprehensive document of the ring I've ever seen!! Liked the satellite shot too...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...some ppl have too much time on their hands..

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 02:25 AM
jus tcheck out how many times this guy has been to the Ring. He has a calendar with all his trip reports :shock: He's a serious "Ringer". I'm still looking for a registry or catalog of all the graffiti..i may just have to go do it myself :D

5vz-fe
03-13-2005, 02:32 AM
I don't think this is a repost but there's a pdf version of NS guide posted in the links section, that guide was a pretty good one too, it tell u the racing lines on NS. (Filename: BMW Nordschleife - Racing Line.pdf)

pimrusis
03-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Note to self: Move "Drive the Nuburgring in a Ferrari" to the last thing on the Do-Before-You-Die list, because it will most likely be the thing that kills you.

:shock:

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 03:00 AM
I don't think this is a repost but there's a pdf version of NS guide posted in the links section, that guide was a pretty good one too, it tell u the racing lines on NS. (Filename: BMW Nordschleife - Racing Line.pdf)

tried searching and couldn't find it :( that would comeup handy for GT4 :D

DeMoN
03-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Damn nice web imma get well informed there cuz I think I will be going to germany with a friend for the world cup (he wants soccer, I want this track).

GTO
03-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Note to self: Move "Drive the Nuburgring in a Ferrari" to the last thing on the Do-Before-You-Die list, because it will most likely be the thing that kills you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice thanks for the link, nice to get so much detail about a track.
Shame it doesn't have lap times posting of any sort, would like to have a comparioson between stock manufacture cars.

cooperluke
03-13-2005, 06:49 AM
I know this guys name from seomewhere... it's not a very usual name.
The guy is really a maniac, wonder if the guy actually has a job??!!

stradale
03-13-2005, 06:53 AM
It is a repost, but that's no shame because everybody should see this site!

I found the pdf file with the racing line for the NS: http://guildhouse.net/BMW330Ci/nordschleife.pdf. It's a must-have for anyone interested in the Ring.

Tragically, that is what happened to two Ferrarichat members in 2003. They were killed in a horrible crash with a 360. :(

ZfrkS62
03-13-2005, 04:11 PM
thanks for the file link stradale :D now i think it's time i turned on GT4 and owned the Ring 8)

Anonymous
03-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Awesome site. Man, I just spent 45 mins on there!!! Got more to read tomorrow.

ZfrkS62
03-14-2005, 01:25 AM
i think it's really kind of a shame as to the fate of the Sudschleife. But the Ring is tricky enough without the hairpin and the bottom so i guess it had to be :(