PDA

View Full Version : One Free Movie Download

StanAE86
03-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I know most of you get your movies from...other places. But, Southwest is giving away one free movie download through Movielink:

http://www.movielink.com/generic.rd?mcid=84&mlid=7700010

:D

styla21
03-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Cool Post, cool idea, bummer i live outside the US of A. :P

possessed_beaver
03-01-2005, 01:57 AM
im outside the US, for thoes who can download them
what format are they in, and how many times are you allowed to play the file once downloaded?

i find this rely intresting (ovisley you have to pay for other movies)

racer_f50
03-01-2005, 02:32 AM
well since i'm in the US i'll give this a shot and report back the details you want beaver.

hmm...seems kind of weird. you get your choise of RealMedia or WindowsMedia. apparently a 1 day viewing time. and you have to install a bunch of software.
seems a bit much to me, but i'll see if the movies are copy protected somehow.

**like 20 minutes later**

well, i can't even get the fucking software to fully install (probly my XP setup wtih so many services disabled), so i wont' bother trying any longer. the WMV files are protected by DRM, which the last i checked hadn't been cracked yet. not really worth all this hassle if you ask me.

possessed_beaver
03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
well since i'm in the US i'll give this a shot and report back the details you want beaver.

hmm...seems kind of weird. you get your choise of RealMedia or WindowsMedia. apparently a 1 day viewing time. and you have to install a bunch of software.
seems a bit much to me, but i'll see if the movies are copy protected somehow.

**like 20 minutes later**

well, i can't even get the fucking software to fully install (probly my XP setup wtih so many services disabled), so i wont' bother trying any longer. the WMV files are protected by DRM, which the last i checked hadn't been cracked yet. not really worth all this hassle if you ask me.

shit aye, or you could spend 5 minutes installing file sharing prog and just download it for free - i know as a customer what i would be wanting!
with digitial rights mamagment what a pain in the arse!

so it's rely not worth it in the end...

AlienDB7
03-02-2005, 03:53 AM
They're just trying to trick people into installing DRM and all kind of spyware! It's a scam IMO!

Like PB said, just download off P2P ;)

5vz-fe
03-02-2005, 04:50 AM
Torrent and emule is working great for me ....... so i will avoid install some "free" software.

DeMoN
03-02-2005, 07:04 AM
I guess it'll put a load of ad- & spyware on the PC as well...

exactly what I was going to post.

Get Spybot Search n Destroy and also Ad Aware

run them both and see how friendly the free movie was.