PDA

View Full Version : Oscars

sameerrao
02-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Great to see Morgan Freeman win. The man throws in oodles of character and charisma into his roles. A giant among men!

oscargarza88
02-28-2005, 12:17 AM
oscars.. what r u talkin to me..? :wink: 8)

i didnt c them... i forgot i think

sameerrao
02-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Scorcese was snubbed again. Poor guy. He should have won for Raging Bull so many years back.

komotar
02-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I taped the show and saw the whole thing a few hours ago.

Freeman is one of the best actors imo. Right up there with Pacino, Nicholson and De Niro.

And Hilary Swank. OMG, she's so young and she already has 2 oscars.... I never saw "Boys don't cry" but I certainly will go see the Million dollar baby.

Jamie Fox also put so much effort into "Ray" and he defentley deserves the oscar. Congrats to him for winning in front of such a competition.

Chris Rock was doing his thing. I almost fell of my chair watching him. Quite a refeshment after all the Whoopies,Billy's and Martin's. Not that they are bad or anything, it's just that Rock has a completley different energy then the rest I mentioned.

And the most beautifull person in the room that night. Beyoncee. My god, was she stunning.

It was a great show. I somehow have to get a ticket for next year. :roll:

dingo
02-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I have to step in since no one has mentioned Cate Blanchett yet.....the Aussie girl who won the Best Supporting Actress award :D
The only thing about her that bothers me is that she is so white.....like a damn ghost :P

komotar
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
I have to step in since no one has mentioned Cate Blanchett yet.....the Aussie girl who won the Best Supporting Actress award :D
The only thing about her that bothers me is that she is so white.....like a damn ghost :P

Oh, I totaly forgot about her. She's nice. Deserved every bit of that statue. She looks and acts like a true lady. I dig that.

IMO she's got another oscar or two in her, meaning she's young, incredibly talented and has that x-factor, that grabs you and doesn't let go untill the credits start roling.

How's that Dingo? :wink:

saadie
02-28-2005, 11:00 AM
lol ^^ ...... dude .. yea really are a great magazine writer :mrgreen: :lol:

i didnt see the show ....

how many oscars did the aviator won ?? ( dicaprio directors all included ) ??

Fleischmann
02-28-2005, 11:59 AM
lol ^^ ...... dude .. yea really are a great magazine writer :mrgreen: :lol:

i didnt see the show ....

how many oscars did the aviator won ?? ( dicaprio directors all included ) ??

5 oscars...far from the record, but still gr8 :D:D:D

SafirXP
02-28-2005, 12:16 PM
chris rock was awesome! beyonce was stunning....

that thingy between rock and sean penn was neat too! never liked penn anyway...

possessed_beaver
02-28-2005, 12:33 PM
anyone else think robin williams should be in the running for 'Least funniest person in the world'

...shocking

bmagni
02-28-2005, 12:56 PM
i really think of the oscars as pure mayor BS, though i watch em from time to time, what i didnt like this time is that they didnt even nominated mick jagger with "old habits die hard" for the music song oscar, i guess its not about talent, its about winning the all mighty ACADEMY so that u win, like Sean Penn, they didnt give him the oscar util he showed up and almost had to kiss their ass

komotar
02-28-2005, 01:03 PM
anyone else think robin williams should be in the running for 'Least funniest person in the world'

...shocking

I think he's a comedy genious.

The way he does Jack Nicholson is crazy.

And the "live on broadway" is one of the best stand up's I have ever seen. Besides Eddie Murphy "dellirious" and all the Richard Pryor stuff....

There's not many people as funny as he is. The golden globe speach was funny as hell.

abbor
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Too bad, I didn't remember to watch it.. I really wanted to watch Chris Rock.. :?

Ghostbat
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I recommend all of you to watch "Million Dollar Baby". Just an amazing movie with great actors. Clint Eastwood is both a great director and actor.. Just go and see it!

callen
02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
I recommend all of you to watch "Million Dollar Baby". Just an amazing movie with great actors. Clint Eastwood is both a great director and actor.. Just go and see it!

Ditto! great flick IMO. I would recommend it to anyone.

SafirXP
02-28-2005, 09:35 PM
anyone seen Der Utergang or The Downfall yet????

DeMoN
03-01-2005, 12:23 AM
this would be one of the things Id see if I had a TV. Id like to se Chris Rock's performance... anyone know where that can b dloaded?

EDIT - http://jlgolson.blogspot.com/2005/02/oscars-2005.html you can find short clips!

possessed_beaver
03-01-2005, 01:24 AM

...shocking

I disagree the "Robin Wiliams-live at broadway" show are just hillarious, he have done alot of crap no doubt but that show is just great...... :D

sad that Martin Scorcese didnt get his Oscar, but I guess they where afraid Clint Eastwood wouldnt be around for the next one..... :P :wink:

yer my mum owns the DVD, im not sure, i just find myself being able to 'see through him' i know he is loved by alot of people, but i just find him pathetic.. just my 2 cents.

dingo
03-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Oh, I totaly forgot about her. She's nice. Deserved every bit of that statue. She looks and acts like a true lady. I dig that.

IMO she's got another oscar or two in her, meaning she's young, incredibly talented and has that x-factor, that grabs you and doesn't let go untill the credits start roling.

Thats great...exactly what I was looking for :P
However you still forgot to mention Clint Eastwood....... :wink:

komotar
03-01-2005, 04:38 AM

Thats great...exactly what I was looking for :P
However you still forgot to mention Clint Eastwood....... :wink:

You're giving me a hard time these days dude.... :wink:

I hate the mother fucker...............JK :roll:

He's a living legend. Respect.

pzgren
03-01-2005, 04:47 AM
it's very sad that martin scorsese didn't recieve an oscar. i guess/hope he'll recieve an oscar for lifetime work next time.

Anonymous
03-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Ehhh, even with Chris Rock, it was still pretty boring. I mean it wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't as much as it was hyped up to me.

Great wins for Million Dollar Baby, awesome movie. Definitely worth it over the Aviator. For a long time, I thought the Aviator would win because it is after "Hollywood".

blah
03-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Anyone Seen Hotel Rawanda? Im thinking bout watching it.

SafirXP
03-03-2005, 01:22 AM
i'm sure next one's gonna be better... with much better movies coming out this year... the oscars show looks better when you've some big budget, block buster, pop corn movies to feature! i think they should've shown more movie clips & stuff! that santana and banderes song was the lowest point of the whole show for me... almost put me to sleep! nowadays i enjoy the mtv movie awards more than the oscars!

on a little different note... i saw that the BAFTA awards now have a video game tech/industry related award! i think its a great idea... do they have anything like that in the US?