PDA

View Full Version : Video(Game)"Need For Speed: Underground" Preview

a007apl
10-23-2003, 09:12 AM
http://www.nfscars.net/images/nfsu_logo.jpg (http://www.nfscars.net/underground.php)

gis
10-23-2003, 10:55 AM
ill giv this game a try,it has a supra so i have to giv it a go :D

ive liked the NFS games up to now so no point in ignorin this one

twboy1999
10-23-2003, 11:02 AM
this game doesnt have that much car
only like 14 or something

gis
10-23-2003, 11:04 AM
i think they aimed this at a fast and furious cars,like the ones that featured in the movie

initiala4
10-23-2003, 02:28 PM
I just tried it at Gamestop. The spooling of the turbo sounds kewl, but there is a stupid thing that I hate about this game is that when you jump off the bridge its like another cam just bump in. Somewhat feels like fast and furious 2 where the cars jump off the bridge with all the cameras on them. Very rice out game :D

noosee
10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
I will give it a try

a007apl
10-23-2003, 03:33 PM
My favorites Needs:
1º III
2° VI
3° IV
4° II
5° I
i dont buy the V because dont have Lambos(Porsches special)

fedezyl
10-23-2003, 04:08 PM
NFS 6 is rubish...I bought it for the PC and I feel robbed...what a piece of rubish, the best one is The Porsche Unleashed one...so cool in graphics and physics...I love that game...

Minacious
10-23-2003, 04:24 PM
fedezyl, just in case you didn't know, NFS6 (HP2) for the PS2 was done by a completely different company than the one done for the Xbox and PC.

The one done for the PS2, was quite exceptional. One of the better racing games made. There was a big confusion behind this and many had no idea that the PC and Xbox version was different having never seen or played the PS2 version. Similar look, but a completely different game.

NFSU is being done by the company that did the PS2 version of NFS6, so it should be pretty good.

fedezyl
10-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Thank god...i'm so pissed at EA....like I bought NFS HP2 without even downloading the demo...I got nicked big time...it's hard to trust them again though...
Do you know if they'll have inside views again?

hemi_fan
10-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Im nevre gunna play it cuz they replaced my fav game with it (Motor City Online)

Minacious
10-23-2003, 07:03 PM
fedezyl, on the PS2 version of NFS6, only 2 cars had the ability to have an inside view and that was only after completing a certain race. It may or may not be somewhat the same deal with NFSU.

hemi_fan, as much as I wanted MCO to be a great game, it really wasn't all that hot. A piss poor attempt by EA which I think could have been implemented so much better. More than likely it was a test bed for future products. Let's hope so.

AlienDB7
10-23-2003, 09:29 PM
I have to agree the NFS:PU is one of the best in the NFS series. Great selection of the cars and tracks. Physics is resonably realistic too. fedezyl, you're lucky you didn't play the NFS6 demo! It was complete shit with very bad physics. You can get a very good time without using the brakes ever. It's way too arcade-ish IMO.

From what I've heard, NFS:U will be using the same engine as NFS6, so can't expect good realistic feel. Not that fast&furious is realistic anyway... If you want to see how boring NFS:U would be, just edit the car spec in NFS6 and put in a 100hp 4 banger, crappy suspension and tiny tires. I've tried it, can't say I'm impressed. The only good thing I can say, the 0-100 time for a vw golf or civic was very close to realistic figure even though the game wasn't designed with such boring cars in mind.

fedezyl
10-23-2003, 10:39 PM
I don't think i'll be buying any of EA's NFS series anytime soon...I remember it's just sooo unrealistic, the tracks, everything, did you ever try to beat the cops with the Elise, it becomes almost impossible, and they are catching up with you on a Ford Crown Victoria!! come on!! faster than an Elise!??! for god sakes...it just pisses me off thinking of how much I spent on that piece of rubish...

oic0
10-24-2003, 07:37 AM
The say they let you modify it. I bet its just some crap like ew, buy a stage 2 turbo, ew buy blow off valve. Its not like you actually get to pick the amount of boost with a chance of blowing the motor. I wish theyd make a game where you actually get to "modify" the car. Choose your own cam specs, pick a piston, pick some heads, have em ported to a certain CFM, same with the intake manifold, etc... etc..

Chaos in 1983!
10-24-2003, 11:43 PM
I've always loved NFS, I bought NFS III, VI, V, and VI, and I agree with fedezyl Hot Pursuit 2 is crap, the graphics were cool, but the physics of the game were just stupid, no inside car view mode...come on, and the thing I hated most about this game, is that you had to go like 160mph and crash to be able to slightly damage your car, in Porsche Unleashed if you hit the car beside you it left damage to your car, and Porsche Unleashed had engine, suspention damage too...NFS 6 was crap, I hope NFS Underground will be better...

Hey fedezyl...me alegra ver que hay gente de la comunidad latina en JW :D

blah
10-25-2003, 01:13 AM
the Fast and Furious game is supposed to let you modify everything, i think ill give them both a try and report back.

fedezyl
10-25-2003, 05:39 AM
Hey Chaos, yes....it's seriously making me doubt about buying this next one...I guess I'll just wait for some reviews...
And for some spanish words..
La verdad que si, somos pocos aca, pero creo que hay alguien más de chile y no se donde más...

PATo355
11-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Here one from Chile , apart from Uruguay and Nicaragua and one from Brazil i haven´t see more ppl from latinamerica , strange how few we are .

Chaos in 1983!
11-03-2003, 01:41 AM
Here one from Chile , apart from Uruguay and Nicaragua and one from Brazil i haven´t see more ppl from latinamerica , strange how few we are .

Yeah...too bad we are so few....

fedezyl
11-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah...too bad we are so few....

but present!

Still here in Uruguay we don't have many real sports cars, some porsches and a Ferrari I think, it's not until summertime that the rich people from Brazil, Chile and Argentina bring their babies to Punta del Este...then we are in for a treat! :D

a007apl
11-14-2003, 11:45 PM
http://gamespot.zdnet.pt/sony/nfsunderground/23091.shtml