PDA

View Full Version : PS2 problems

Apac102
02-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I heard somewhere that the PS2 is only built to last about 5 years. Is this true? Im believeing it because mine is giving out on me. It won't play DVDs anymore and it plays only 1/4 of my games. Is there any trick out there that will bring my ol' girl back to life? I already went in and cleaned the lense with some rubbing alcohol and a q tip but thats all ive done. It pisses me off that it dies on me soo close to the release date of GT4 too.

ZfrkS62
02-13-2005, 05:38 PM
i hope that isn't true. You can send it to Sony and have them fix it. might not be back in time for GT4 though :( Good luck with it.

Anonymous
02-13-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm afraid the sad fact these days is they don't build them like they used to.... and its deliberate. Its called building for obselescence.... in the PS2's case there is no point in building it to last much longer (and probably increasing the cost) when they want you to buy another one i.e smaller PS2 or a PS3 :wink:
Though the PS2 does seem to have particular problems, mine gave out after less than 18 months :-( There are websites on how to fix some laser problems but it didn't work for mine :-( Over here its about £60 i beleive to get it fixed... when a new one is £95 so guess what i'll be getting when GT4 finally comes out :P

callen
02-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I had this problem as well, it wouldnt play GTA for me for a while...that is until I put it in the upright position like the advertise, now it works like a charm. try that dude worked for me , and i know that the laser goes early, thats my issue as well but this works for me so try it! :D

Pimp Racer
02-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Maybe its that disc read error thingy? Hope it works out for you man because you dont want that bitch to die when you have like 25 seconds left on the 24 hours ring endurance race in GT4! :(

GT-R_R34
02-14-2005, 06:14 PM
what a crappy system you guys have. i have mine since it came out in japan.
i heard that the first series for the american market were really bad.