PDA

View Full Version : $600,000 question

deth
10-21-2003, 12:20 AM
Would you rather have a Porsche CGT, a Koenigsegg, a Zonda, or a Benz SLR and why?

I'd probably choose the Koenigsegg because its the fastest, plus according to the latest evo mag, it handles well too! and damn, what about those doors!

initiala4
10-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Koeignsegg!!! Looks is unique though I could have choose Zonda...but I defintely like the way how the car shape is and on top of that. On top of that its all about speed!

666fast
10-21-2003, 01:23 AM
After argueing with my self between the Koenigsegg and the Zonda, i finally voted for the Koenigsegg. There is no real basis for my vote, if I could, I'd have all four!

Vansquish
10-21-2003, 02:03 AM
The Zonda is a beautiful, fascinating piece of Teuto-Italian engineering, the Koenigsegg is another interesting design concept...though it sadly underperformed in every test that I've seen it take (Autocar either got a really poor example, or it really just isn't that wonderful of a car), and the SLR is a car towards which I have some serious reservations. From what I've read, the SLR has a cramped cockpit, wheels that look too small for the wheelwells...and an automatic transmission...which I believe is inexcusable in such a vehicle, whether or not Mercedes makes the finest automatics, and whether or not Mclaren helped them out. The Koenigsegg is intriguing...not particularly attractive, but fast and adjustable, and the engine...or at least the basic architecture of it is American and should be relatively fixable if something should go wrong. The Zonda runs the CGT a close second...it's beautiful, wonderfully made, exotic as hell, fast, noisy, incisive, and extremely fast...racing with the CGT would be an interesting thing to see...however, everything I've read about the CGT says that for all intents and purposes, it is the most complete supercar the world has yet known, even though it's not the fastest.

cho_888
10-21-2003, 02:19 AM
Zonda all the way. The Koenigsegg dosnt do a lot for me and the GT looks to convensional. And who has a benz supercar? It has to be italian.

stradale
10-21-2003, 03:46 AM
I chose the Zonda. But if I had $600.000 to spend on a car, I wouldn't choose any of those four. The looks of the car are important to me as well and I don't adore all four cars lookswise. The rear ends of the Zonda and Koenigsegg I don't like. The Porsche is too cold. The SLR is a complete mess. I'd never choose it. This car is going to be outdated and forgotten so soon, I expect.

The Zonda is a real supercar. Exotic and temperamental. The only right way. And it has the right amount of cylinders, 12. Although the Porsches 10 aren't bad too. Too bad about the looks of the Zonda.

WhiteP
10-21-2003, 04:50 AM
Couldn't make the choice, but I won't choose SLR for sure.

Porsche CGT - It's a Porsche, experienced engineering and reliability. The looks is just too convensional as a supercar.

Zonda - The only thing I HATE about the Zonda is the little bug eyes headlights in the front, 0o . o0, it just doesn't look right on a supercar. Everything else is AWESOME.

Koenigsegg - If it is a V12 instead of a supercharged engine, I will go for it.

I don't have that much money anyways. I would like the Enzo. :mrgreen: Thanks. :mrgreen:

TT
10-21-2003, 05:12 AM
Very very hard to answer but my vote went to the CC8S!! Strange isn't it? It was a close battle with the CGT though... then I decided I want something even more exclusive! :D Ok, the CGT is exclusive (and lucky bastard st-anger testing it!!!), but everybody knows what Porsche is :D while with a Koenigsegg, you'll surprise many ppl :D

Mircea
10-21-2003, 05:48 AM
From the four cars, the first place it would pe taken by the Pagani Zonda and Koenigsegg. I like them a lot and I can't take a decission. Then, the next it will be Porsche Carrera GT. And in the last place, Mercedes SLR.

novass
10-21-2003, 06:02 AM
i chose the Koenigsegg. no real reason. its not the easiest name to say or spell, thats gotta mean something right? i like the looks of it and of course the speed too. ill bet the poon would stick to the car like it was creating a vacuum. again, another plus.

gmd97
10-21-2003, 06:22 AM
the Carrera GT. it was a toss-up between that and the zonda, and it was the fact that most people havent heard of a zonda that swayed me towards the porsche. at 600000, badge is important

draak666
10-21-2003, 06:45 AM
Zonda, no doubt. Got nothing but good reviews. Looks special, is luxurious and handles great. :twisted:

CGT... don't really like the back. :?

Koenigsegg. Looks good, but I've known it for years (seen some prototypes before) and the design gets a tiny little bit boring after time. :roll:

I've never really liked the SLR. Mercedes came up with it it right after their mereger with Chrysler and I think it looks too American. :(

SDK2003
10-21-2003, 07:01 AM
It's has to be the Porsche Carrera GT
Amazing build quality, great performance and cutting edge technology.

Why did you miss the Ferrari Enzo off the list ??

BADMIHAI
10-21-2003, 07:38 AM
I chose the Carrera GT, but I've changed my mind....I'd take the Zonda!

KaBlookie
10-21-2003, 07:59 AM
I say Koenigsegg, because not only is it an absolutely fantastic car, but it is made by someone (Christian Von Koenigsegg) who started with nothing with respect to cars, facilities, etc. and was able to build an incredibly light, quick supercar that has many of the amenities of a luxury car. It's just such a wonderful car, fast, handles well, nice interior and exterior, fantastic doors :lol:, and everything's adjustable (brake bias, power steering, etc).

draak666
10-21-2003, 08:15 AM
I say Koenigsegg, ... everything's adjustable (brake bias, power steering, etc).
I like that feature too :D

gis
10-21-2003, 08:35 AM
for me it would have to be the CGT,in my oppinion its the better lookin car,its very fast,ok top end aint as fast as the koeniggsegg (or however u spell it) but were in the UK would i do over 200mph.

1zippo1
10-21-2003, 08:44 AM
This is a very very hard question. For me, only the Zonda & the CGT got a chance.

I absolutely adore the Zondas sound & what it represents. The speed & handling of the car is amazing. It's a real exotic and these cars will probably only increase in value over the years but that CGT is probably the best all rounder if you want to use it often... And there's nothing to dislike about it really.

aawil
10-21-2003, 10:29 AM
I chose the Zonda from that bunch but if i were going to spend that kind of money a F50 or a enzo would be my choice.

themailman34
10-21-2003, 10:51 AM
I'd take the Carrera GT. Porsche probably spent a shit load of time developing every little thing on that car.

But if I really had the money to spend I'd take an F40 and some other cars :D

WRX
10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
I say Koenigsegg, ... everything's adjustable (brake bias, power steering, etc).
I like that feature too :D

This is one of the main reasons I like this car. It is awesome.

TT
10-21-2003, 12:01 PM
I don't know why, but I love the fact nobody picked the SLR... so far IMO we can't put it in that supercar heaven.. still to early.. we need real road test before even considering it :D and even after that, I doubt a SLR would be able to compete in that cathegory...

deth
10-21-2003, 12:47 PM
It's has to be the Porsche Carrera GT
Amazing build quality, great performance and cutting edge technology.

Why did you miss the Ferrari Enzo off the list ??

i didnt include it because these four are about 300,000 GBP where as the enzo is 450,000GBP

Johns
10-21-2003, 01:36 PM
this was a tough decision but I voted for the SLR because its more of an every day car :mrgreen:

TT
10-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Shit, I open my mouth and SLR gets two votes LMAO!

SFDMALEX
10-21-2003, 03:45 PM
CGT. I'd drive it, then sell it, then Id get a Zonda.

jon_s
10-21-2003, 03:54 PM
PORSCHE!! although that Zonda is nice.....humm so is that egg thing! DAMN! What a hard question! To be fair I would be happy with any!

Jabba
10-21-2003, 05:32 PM
for me the obvious vote is the Zonda, HANDS DOWN :!: :!:

the carrera gt is conservative in looks and doesn't do anything to me, does fire a passion to drive it or dream about it.

the SLR, to me, is a dissapointment. i think the top speed is 208mph? thats not that great considering you have mclaren helping you build it. maybe i was expecting something more faster seeing that mclaren was teaming up with benz. It is the best car here in terms of practicality and everyday use but it doesnt separate itself from cars like the 575M, murcielago, carrera gt. i expected much more, especially in terms of speed.

the CC8 is a good car and would be my second choice but lacks one thing, a good sounding engine. it sounds subdued and the least interesting sounding engine of the bunch but the car goes fast. very fast. faster than the disappointing slr and moderately good C GT.

that leaves the Zonda, the best sounding car i have ever heard, 220mph top speed and very sports car looks. nothing conservative about the Zonda. i would choose the zonda and i would even rather have it than the other 3 combined. i really love the zonda!!! :)

zr2man99
10-21-2003, 05:45 PM
I would pick the Zonda because it just looks out of this world. It sounds awesome and is just a wild ride. The CarreraGT spoiler is just too UGLY!

alondahan
10-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I choose the Enzo :wink:

but from that list, I'll take the Zonda. It's Italian, looks great, magnificent interior, a big NA V12, nice sound, very fast and handels well too.

I don't like any of the other cars here, but my second choice would be the 'egg. it looks ok (except for those ugly side intakes), but nothing special. I don't like it's interior, but it's not bad. what I really don't like about this car is the name (the worst name ever for a hypercar) and the engine. not only it's a V8, it's ford based, and to make it even worse, it's supercharged.
still it's a great car, and like I said, the best after the Zonda.

the merc is just a waste of money IMO. It's totally ugly, inside and out. it has an automatic. a fucking supercharged V8 again, and it's in the front (who wants a gt car like this one??? you want a real supercar).

and finally the porsche. I can't decide which I like less, the porsche or the merc.
I think that as a hypercar, the gt is the worst. it looks far too regular (although beautiful). looks like a weird, wide, low. long 911. the interior is again regular, a 911 interior. it's completely boring and dull, does absolutely nothing to me.

f0racer
10-21-2003, 08:47 PM
First off, where’s the Enzo Ferrari? Surely a list concerning supercars must have a Ferrari on it. Making a decision between these cars is tough, but one must choose. I consider the SLR more of a Grand Tourer rather then a “Supercar”. The SLR is a looker, but soft (so I’ve heard) when compared to the others. The Zonda’s styling is a love and hate relationship, but it draws the most attention (I think). As for performance, its up there with the others. The Koenigsegg is also stunner, and those doors are COOL, but in the end it don’t work for me. So the real question for me is: a Enzo Ferrari or a Carrera GT? Hmmm… I have to say… the Carrera GT. Sure, the GT is down on power (48HP less) and weight a little more (28 pounds) when compared to the Enzo, but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul). This and a few other little things made me choose the GT over the Enzo, like a manual transmission, open top, overall more useable, and I like the looks of the GT just a little more.

alondahan
10-21-2003, 09:47 PM
but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul).

I think it's bullshit.

you can compare the porsche's downforce figures with the Enzo's and see that the Enzo has much more downforce. and take a look at the monstrous Venturi tunnels of the Enzo. it must have more downforce.

according to porsche the gt has 290 kg of total downforce at 205 mph (top speed).
The Enzo has 775 kg at 300km/h (186mph). that is much over twice the downforce of the gt, at a lower speed!!!! :shock:

SL55 AMG
10-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Pagani Zonda all the way for me. (tough choice however) All the cars listed in the poll are magnificent. SLR is more of a GT cruiser compared to the Carrera GT :shock:, plus after seeing a koenigsegg in person just to damn difficult. I love the pagani so rare and beautiful, plus it represents perfection inside and out. plus just in case it wasnt powerful enough, why not ask if they could put in AMG's new V-12 (1000nm of torgue!!!) <=== So hope someone does this :twisted:

Jabba
10-23-2003, 12:51 AM
YES the Zonda is ahead!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: tee-hee :mrgreen:

check out my sig!!!!!!!!

maalox
10-23-2003, 12:51 AM
but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul).

I think it's bullshit.

you can compare the porsche's downforce figures with the Enzo's and see that the Enzo has much more downforce. and take a look at the monstrous Venturi tunnels of the Enzo. it must have more downforce.

according to porsche the gt has 290 kg of total downforce at 205 mph (top speed).
The Enzo has 775 kg at 300km/h (186mph). that is much over twice the downforce of the gt, at a lower speed!!!! :shock:

Keep in mind that downforce does not necessarily have a linear relationship with speed. The standard method is actually to shape the venturis and other airfoils to produce maximum downforce at mid to high speed, and then slowly taper off to achieve a maximum top end (good for impressing people with numbers, terrifying to actually reach). Likely the Enzo's peak downforce occurs around 186 mph, well below its top speed of around 217 (if I'm not mistaken). In short, without having the two cars beside one another and some pretty fancy kit, we can't tell for sure :wink:.

I chose the Carrera GT of the 4, since it strikes me as the most well-rounded. Fantastic performance with the convenience (and likely reliability) of a Porsche--there's no Zonda dealership down the street! Amazingly, I find none of the cars to be achingly beautiful--too many conflicting lines and bulging shapes. I prefer the leaner lines of something like a 360. Probably the Zonda is best in my eye, although it looks a bit 80s for some reason. The Porsche I find quite ugly from the rear, especially with the spoiler extended. But if any of you feel like donating one of these to me, I wouldn't say no :D.

Chaos in 1983!
10-23-2003, 01:03 AM
How come no Enzo?? but from these four, I'd take the Zonda...gotta love Italians. I just love the unique looks of this car, and from what I've read it can also be a good every day car.

Nemisis8u
10-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Im going for the zonda. I just cant stop looking at that interior. But then a part of me wants the "Egg" and the Enzo.