I don't know what to say...

cooperluke
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Craaap

|Nuno|
02-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh shit...

Diesel+Lambo= NO

Fuck Audi, they just want money. What's next? A SUV?

pzgren
02-10-2005, 03:20 PM
a diesel in a sports supercar - i don't know...

i mean, who wants to buy a lambo with diesel engine? i wouldn't!
imagine the typical diesel sound out of a lambo - a horrible scenario!!!!

Fleischmann
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm gobsmacked..this is bad news...BAD NEWS!! This is what happens when huge car concerns takeover. Audi :fist:

dropot2
02-10-2005, 05:11 PM
It's not a question of performance. Put a diesel engine in a supercar should be included to the deadly sins. :wink:

|Nuno|
02-10-2005, 05:20 PM
this is great, it wouldnt need as much hp power as a gas car, and the torque would be sky high.
people, lets not forget VW with the V6 TDI in Paris Dakar, got 3rd place this year and they get better and better every year. not to mention i think Audi has tested TDI engines for LeMans.

im suprised at how many people in todays time still dont like the TDI, sure its still a little noisey, but no where as noisey as they use to be, and when it comes to performance enhanced cars who cars about noise. its about go and fuck the show. and lets not forget better fuel milage so it means more time on the track/road and less at the pump.

Yeah, the torque would be amazing...But don't forget that Diesel engines have a narrow power band, that doesn't suit a sportscar at all. And they're also MUCH heavier than a correspondent petrol engine.

And the problem of the noise in a Diesel is not the loudness, but the noise itself...

DeMoN
02-10-2005, 05:43 PM
dont see the point of this. People buying such a car surely have no problem paying for gas.

Fleischmann
02-10-2005, 05:48 PM
dont see the point of this. People buying such a car surely have no problem paying for gas.

Screw that!! Imagine barely revving your supercar to 5000 rpm :(

SFDMALEX
02-10-2005, 05:49 PM
This is is blody great. You people seem to forget the fact that oil is running out......................................... :wink:

mindgam3
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
more and more diesels are being used in racing, only a matter of time that it comes over to road cars....

IMO, the ONLY bad thing about this is the sound, diesels sound so so bad :(

02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
the sound of diesel engine will improve once oil runs out

|Nuno|
02-10-2005, 07:34 PM
the sound of diesel engine will improve once oil runs out

Once oil runs out, there will be no diesel either. :wink:

|Nuno|
02-10-2005, 07:56 PM
im not sure how a sporty diesel engine works, but im sure its going to have some different characteristics from a commercial diesel engine.

Maybe, maybe not. But there's still the weight issue.

and whats wrong with the noise? last time i checked the noise a car makes is as irrelevant as looks are when it comes to a race car. personally i could care less.

I'm not talking about a race car. I'm talking about a Gallardo Diesel, which is a whole different story.

If you don't care about the noise that a car makes, that's fine by me, each one to it's own. :)

I do care, however.

EDIT: Forget this sentence:"I'm not talking about a race car. I'm talking about a Gallardo Diesel, which is a whole different story."

Got it wrong... :oops:

ferrarif1fan89
02-10-2005, 08:09 PM
oooh, i wonder if it can tow a boat.........

JoeHahn
02-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I think Audi should have developed the engine for maybe an Audi product like the new S8 or something of the likes before it goes into the Lamborghini. It isnt the end of the world, the torque will make this car as fast as the current Gallardo and Audi's diesel engines dont 'knock' like trucks. Should have been put in something else first I think.

stradale
02-10-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm not religious, but this sort of crap almost has me on my knees praying to whichever god available to intervene. :cry:

I dislike diesels for the noise, the narrow powerband and the fact that it's completely useless from a performance point of view. A petrol engine with a similar displacement is always faster. It takes the fun out of driving in a bread and butter car, so why on earth would you want one in car specifically designed for the thrill of driving? What business does a diesel engine have in a sportscar then? That one of my favourite marques is contemplating such an agricultural power unit for one of its supercars is simply beyond belief for me.... :cry:

GTO
02-11-2005, 01:40 AM
I think its great, anyone whos driven a diesel would know of the sheer torque even out of a small engine. Problem lies (as mentioned above) in the narrow torque band and desiging a sports gearbox to go with it but its not like turbo cars don't have a narrow band anyway.

Twin-scroll bi-turbo on a V10 diesel if tuned correctly with a new type of semi-automatic electronic gearbox (ie 12+ gears) would be intresting.

Rally cars are about sheer torque not overall power to pull through corners.

As for sound that can be tuned (exhast, engine design), my four banger sounds great IMO, whereare before they sounded shite.

Vansquish
02-11-2005, 03:20 AM
That one of my favourite marques is contemplating such an agricultural power unit for one of its supercars is simply beyond belief for me.... :cry:

Hey man, look at it this way, Ferrari is returning to its roots from a styling perspective, looking back to the "Sharknose" cars of the 50's and 60's and even to the 250LM for some cues. Maybe Lamborghini is just trying to return to its roots too, I mean, Ferruccio made tractors before he made cars hehehe.

stradale
02-11-2005, 06:32 AM
LOL, I haven't looked at it that way yet. However, I doubt that Ferruccio would approve of this.

astonmartinandy
02-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Lamborghini is supposed to be the Ultimate expression of a supercar. Looking through the classic supercars that Lamborghini has created over the past 40 years, how on earth can Audi destroy the legend and reputation that Lamborghini is famed for.

Cost of running and economy are clearly not at the forefront of the mind of a person who wants to buy a Lamborghini, and more importantly the noise of a V12 Diablo, or any Lamborghini for that matter, is quintessential to the whole experience and mystique of Lamborghini.

SPEEDCORE
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
If I wanted to buy a Diesel Lambo, id buy a Lambo Tractor.
:lol:

Anyway I think that article is based on rumours. Its only afew lines long, no pics of the engine and not much going for it. It could be true, they could build a diesel version for production, but unless the price difference was over $50-100k less why would anyone bother buying one?

cooperluke
02-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Once oil runs out, there will be no diesel either.

More or less..
Haven't you seen that Top Gear episode where they put a Volvo running on burned vegetable oil with an aditive?

:)

But still... I think that the supercars are so few compared with the others, that the fact of them being diesel, barely contributes to oil economy.

If you want a diesel supercar, I think that someone should force americans to build fuel eficient cars, that don't need massive engines to develop 150hp as they do!

cooperluke
02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
my four banger sounds great IMO, whereare before they sounded shite

Your what???

I think the best (less worse, lol) sounding diesel is the BMW 330Cd, but it still can't be compared with a 330i !!