PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Tie Fighter - Lucasarts

1zippo1
01-17-2005, 08:28 PM
http://www.ibiblio.org/GameBytes/issue20/greviews/tie.html

This was one of the first games on pc I got addicted on. However, it's very hard to find now. It's released in 1994 but still it's not available for free on any of the old games sites. I had a copy of it but lost it years ago because of a virus. It was when I still had a 486DX2 (the stoneage).

Anyway, my request is, if anybody has got the full game and could maybe send it to me. That would be really nice, thx!!!

It's a bit of a hopeless request because I doubt that I can still find it...

SPEEDCORE
02-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Awesome game, I remember playing it on the 486DX2 as well :)

I might have a copy at home(ill check) else Ill keep an eye on the newsgroups they usually post old stuff every few months.

TransAm
02-05-2005, 02:27 PM
not quite the same but frontier elite 2 and privateer is available shareware these days.

RC45
02-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Wing Commander ... OMFG does that bring back memories... hehe..

Kilrathi scummm... ;)

1zippo1
02-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Damn, I thought this topic was lost :D

Anyway, yeah those thing do bring back memories don't they :P

I also like Wing Commander. The number 3 was a real revelation. I only remember my irritation with one level that I couldn't seem to finish. I seemed to be some kinda loop because one time I must have been playing it for 3 hours none stop.

IMO Wing Commander 3 was great but came short a bit to match the gameplay of Tie Fighter.

AlienDB7
02-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I love the old Tie Fighter game.. and X-Wing. Used to play it on my 486dx/33, you don't want to know how many mice and joysticks I broke playing that game :oops:

Interestingly, you can still download the demo (http://www.download.com/TIE-Fighter-demo/3000-7557_4-10246386.html).

Check out http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?ID=375 , there's the X-Wing collectors edition. The site probably has Tie Fighter as well, have to look around and see.

TransAm
02-06-2005, 09:15 PM
classic games vault , part of the abandonware ring:

www.the-underdogs.org

1zippo1
02-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I love the old Tie Fighter game.. and X-Wing. Used to play it on my 486dx/33, you don't want to know how many mice and joysticks I broke playing that game :oops:

Interestingly, you can still download the demo (http://www.download.com/TIE-Fighter-demo/3000-7557_4-10246386.html).

Check out http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?ID=375 , there's the X-Wing collectors edition. The site probably has Tie Fighter as well, have to look around and see.

classic games vault , part of the abandonware ring:

www.the-underdogs.org.

Thx for the help guys. I allready downloaded the Tie fighter game & X-Wing collectors edition a couple of months back when I started searching for it.

But the fact is, the full game isn't so easy to find... I also like X-Wing, but not as much as Tie fighter.

Anyway, as I said before: thx for the tips!

zr2man99
02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Tie fighter was one of my first PC games, but Red Baron was my all time first. Man those were the days. The graphics and details of those games today looks like a 19th century black and white photo compared to a 21th century digital photo.

jamberl
02-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Tie fighter was one of my first PC games, but Red Baron was my all time first. Man those were the days. The graphics and details of those games today looks like a 19th century black and white photo compared to a 21th century digital photo.

WOW! yeah, I remember red baron!! It came on 1 (or 2?) floppy discs. Haha I think that was my first flight sim.

I also remember losing countless hours to X wing and tie fighter.
Anyone remember the addons for X-wing? I think there was 'B wing' and also 'imperial pursuit' or something like that.

1zippo1
02-12-2005, 08:18 AM

WOW! yeah, I remember red baron!! It came on 1 (or 2?) floppy discs. Haha I think that was my first flight sim.

Anyone remember the addons for X-wing? I think there was 'B wing' and also 'imperial pursuit' or something like that.

Yep I know but it was a commercial rip-off in my oppinion. These addons added little to the game, while you still had to pay a good amount of money for it.

jamberl
02-12-2005, 07:26 PM

Yep I know but it was a commercial rip-off in my oppinion. These addons added little to the game, while you still had to pay a good amount of money for it.

yeah true, though I bought all the add ons- I guess I was too young to realise I was getting ripped off! Still, it was a good game.