PDA

View Full Version : I'm a changed man...

heath
10-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Well after seeing the suzuka f1 I'm now an F1 fan...I was a devoted wrc man before but I think there is enough of me to go round to f1 aswell :D

TT
10-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Comon, this one is WRC week-end :P F1 won't come back untill March ;)

stracing
10-17-2003, 03:02 AM
is testing banned immediately after the seaon is finished or does it begin in december.

but it'll be cool to hang around fiorano listening to those ferraris screaming around the track

tekwar
10-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Comon, this one is WRC week-end :P F1 won't come back untill March ;)

Omg the break is just too darn long in F1.
Thank god that next year it will be 18 races (hopefully fingers crossed if the initial plans go through)
And Melbourne will be the first coming of 2004, wohoo, hope to get some good seats !!

Hopefully the MP4/19 will be ready, but knowing Mclaren it will probably be MP4/17Y or something like that.

twboy1999
10-19-2003, 11:13 AM
most ppl dont enjoy watching f1 because lack of passing

f1 is really about the technology, and not nessary all about passing... most of the time when driver can gain a place is on the pit stop

SFDMALEX
10-19-2003, 11:25 AM
is testing banned immediately after the seaon is finished or does it begin in december.

but it'll be cool to hang around fiorano listening to those ferraris screaming around the track

I'm not sure if it's banned or not, but even if it is no one will stop Ferrari from testing at Fiorano, its a private track and they can do what ever they wish.

stracing
10-20-2003, 12:43 AM
actually ferrari has to obey the same rules
you would of thought they have the freedom to do anything they want because they have their own track buts sadly thats not the case.

heath
10-22-2003, 06:06 PM
actually ferrari has to obey the same rules
you would of thought they have the freedom to do anything they want because they have their own track buts sadly thats not the case.

that is so gay imo.

it's their track why the f#$k can't they do what they want with it???

TT
10-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Well, I'm sure every manufacturer is able to test also in the months or weeks where it's not allowed.. private tracks are not so rare ;) but IMO if there is a rule they have to try to respect it.. that's the basic idea into sport or motorsport...

chernobyl
10-22-2003, 11:16 PM

For 2001 the ban is in place immediately after the season finishes and is lifted at the end of december. This was put in place to cut costs but actually pushed them up, way up and so in 2002 it was scrapped [apparently] but i cant find the rules the govern post season testing on the FIA site or Formula1.com site so i guess if i cant find rules to govern it, then its up to the teams how they use the time...or im blind! :)

The FIA revealed on Wednesday that the controversial post-season testing ban will be ditched for next year by declaring they will no longer limit the amount of testing carried out by the teams.

The teams demanded the introduction of a longer winter test ban last year in the interests of cutting overall costs, but it has since been discovered it would actually be far more costly to simulate testing.

Formula 1 team principals Craig Pollock, Frank Williams and Ron Dennis are all known to have been against the longer testing ban, with Pollock in particular calling for an immediate test-ban re-think.

The new rule that does not limit testing also means that the one-week testing ban prior to a race will be ditched and teams will be able to make full use of their test team resources throughout the year.

However, the testing ban will continue for this season, with only Toyota being able to test after the Japanese Grand Prix until they officially announce their entry into the F1 championship on November 15.

stracing
10-23-2003, 03:04 AM
cool i reckon they shouldn't ban testing. it spreads out the testing over time so it won't burn out the engineers and technicians.