PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 360 Exhaust

CarNerd
01-10-2005, 10:08 PM
A good friend of mine is trying to decide which after market exhaust he should go with for his 01 360 (Tubi, Eisenmann, Hamann, Kreissieg...)? Hes not really concerned with performance figures so much as a great sound! Price isnt really a concern either, just nothing completely off the wall. Which do you prefer? Very open for any suggestions, and sound clips and or links would be even better! Thanks! :D

SFDMALEX
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Tubi. Im the Ferrari mod, so I know best :lol: j/k

budagboy2
01-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Kreissieg!!! Those sound aswome, and they have the valvetronic thingy

twboy1999
01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Kreissieg, or tubi,, or capristo
they are the 3 best

hamann sounds like crap
eneismenn never heard the sound clip

another exhaust that sounds great,, is call bayside zoo or something.. is a jap exhaust... sounds freaking crazy.. i post a sound clip of it like over half and yr ago.. u could search for it.. maybe still there.. look for title "crazy 360 exhaust" or somethign like that

CarNerd
01-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Hahaha! Well that really narrows it down. Does anyone have any good sounds clips or links? Thanks!

dons5
01-11-2005, 03:24 AM
Hahaha this is one of the worst questions im gonna have to face when gettin my Ferrari. Ok this is what I think.

Tubi - only one i heard on a 360 in real life, barely went above idle but was loud and sounded soo good. (not sure if anythign else was done like header airbox etc etc)

Kreisseg - sounds crazy from the videos super high pitched and loud

Capristo - to me in the vids sounded similair to Kreisseg, but i heard that the Capristo is a really really hot (heatwise) system and can sometiems give minor problems.

Hamman - never heard in real life but they said it sounds really good in my Forza Magazine, deeper sound then stock though but they said it was a beautiful sound.

Bayside Zoo - never ever heard of it

Eneismenn - never heard ot it

Koenig - almost 100% sure that they make an exhaust system for the 360 (they are the company that makes the 850 hp F50 twin turbo). Koenig company is very highly rated.

Ok I just did some research and found some more, Stebro makes them, so does Imola Racing, and cargraphic. Also Dimex and Ansa I think probably makes them too. Ansa im pretty sure is Italian and is pretty well known if that makes any difference to you.

You can also get like headers and airbox and things like that which will change the sound too (and probably add performance). And I read somewhere but I cant remember where that it was a company that sold parts like these and they also sold other parts that really cooled the whole like exhaust system and I think engine bay area too, the parts seemed really good but I think they were made buy a well known and expensive company like Koenig maybe but im not sure.

Some quotes i found on the net while researching:

"The HAMANN stainless steel high performance exhaust system doesn't only give the eight-cylinder engine a more outrageous engine sound. Extensive tuning on the test stand, on race tracks and on the road culminate in about 15 hp / 11 kW plus. The sport exhaust is available in two different versions with or without exhaust-gas flap control. In addition HAMANN offers special exhaust manifolds and metal-bed catalysts, which generate about 12 hp / 8.8 kW extra, for all Ferrari 360 models. "

"this vehicle is equipped with a Tubi Exhaust which exaggerates the already gorgeous tone this car produces. The Tubi takes it from being a well tuned sound to a deep and viscious grumble"

P.S. I had an issue of Forza where they had a tuned 360 that had different exhaust and other things too and supposedly they can also do other stuff and be able to raise the rev limiter to 9200 perfectly safely. Ill let you know If i find it, it might of been Hamann not sure though.

dingo
01-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Hahaha! Well that really narrows it down. Does anyone have any good sounds clips or links? Thanks!

have a look through the video links section, there has been a number of exhaust clips posted :wink:
I also expect clips from your friends 360 once the system is fitted (or before even, I don't care) :)

numerouno
01-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Tubi all the way! It sounds awesome :shock:
of course if your lad likes his 360 to have a deeper sound,
but for a higher pitched sound, capristo or Kreisseg

numerouno
01-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Tubi all the way! It sounds awesome :shock:
of course if your lad likes his 360 to have a deeper sound,
but for a higher pitched sound, capristo or kreissieg

astonmartinandy
01-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I remember the Bayside Zoo 360 exhaust - that would be my choice! Find those links and listen to the noise :twisted:

yg60m
01-11-2005, 09:25 AM
You may want to try MS Racing exhaust too, you can hear different cars here :
http://www.catsspeed.co.jp/test/FR_Parts/cs_sound/

The F50 is awesome !!! :D

CarNerd
01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Great thanks for all the replies!

ikon2003
01-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Dang dons5 - great info there. And overall, didn't kno there were so many exhaust tuners for these high end cars - haven't heard of so many of them. seems like such a niche market. thanks for all the info.

hope to find out what ur ^ friend decides.

dons5
01-12-2005, 04:44 AM
hey no probs just tryin to help!!

oantob
01-13-2005, 09:33 AM
i've heard the tubi sound on a video, and it sounds great! :mrgreen: