PDA

View Full Version : worst movies of 2004

possessed_beaver
01-03-2005, 11:18 AM
from what i have searched apear to be:
WORST MOVIES

1 Christmas with the Kranks. I was one of only two or three critics who didn't walk out. Offensive, stupid, unfunny, vile, predictable and evil. So bad, the only endorsements it could get were from conservative Christian groups that didn't see it.

2 White Chicks. Makeup aside, was like watching two kids dress up in mommy's clothes and put on a show. Ethnic stereotypes make it not just bad but offensive.

3 Taxi. The only thing I remember is pain. A cookie-cutter screwball comedy that used foul dough. Not even rentable.

4 Van Helsing. Unfettered by the cumbersome burden of intelligence.

5 Against the Ropes. Jaw-droppingly awful. Nobody to like or cheer for, and such poor fleshing out of supporting characters they may as well have used cardboard instead of actors.

6 Alexander. The kind of horrible movie that only millions of dollars can buy. Nearly three hours of supercilious sex-objects prancing around aimlessly in togas. A spectacle in pointless excess.

7 Blade Trinity. While not so terrible when the action was on, once anyone started speaking, it became laughably bad. A veneer-thin story as told by stick figures. Makes "Showgirls" seem pensive.

8 I, Robot. Wouldn't have been so bad had it not tried to pass itself off as an Isaac Asimov adaptation. Dumbed down the original book so appallingly, you couldn't believe anyone on the picture can read.

9 Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. A hateful and mean treatment for a beloved character. Nonsensical and contrived. Made me despise Bridget, and I thought that was impossible.

10 Home on the Range. Pointless, insipid swan-song for Disney's cel-animation division. A terrible way to go out. Should have been straight-to-video.

let me take this opatunity to mention they forgot
"oceans 12"
and i mite aswell beat evreyone to saying "fahrenheit 9/11"
but im just in shock at the crap that has come out, then they complain we are downloading movies, i mean what the other alternitive, pay a shitload for a movie ticket, popcorn, drinks to sit through 2 hours of hollywood crap full of scripts to make the actors look so wonderful..

i must say some good movies.. Team America World Police...
and ummm that seems to be it, so am i the only one thinking movies are getting worse?

blinkmeat
01-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Well this post was a good heads-up, I haven't seen much of anything this year, other than Meet the Fockers which was ok. Better than Meet the Parents I thought, but thats cuz Hoffman/Deniro rule.

Movies getting worse? Indeed

bmwmpower
01-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I robot was not bad,

Bad movies: Alien vs. Predator - maybe i was especting too much
Casshern - supern modern stupidity be japan
Shaun of the dead - comedy?!
Motives - not famous, very boring

I check imdb for worst of 2004: worst ever
1. 1.5 Daniel - Der Zauberer (2004) 2,105
2. 1.5 SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2 (2004) 1,743
14. 1.8 You Got Served (2004) 5,72
67. 3.0 Torque (2004) 3,312
77. 3.2 Soul Plane (2004) 1,712
94. 3.3 Raise Your Voice (2004) 877

i check best of 2004: best ever chart 250 top
98. 8.1 Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004) 35,582
111. 8.1 The Incredibles (2004) 17,435
137. 8.0 Before Sunset (2004) 4,953
165. 7.9 Garden State (2004) 13,201
219. 7.8 Finding Neverland (2004) 5,594

bmwmpower
01-03-2005, 12:06 PM
oh of course fllms are getting worst,

possessed_beaver
01-03-2005, 12:11 PM
oh of course fllms are getting worst,

and the movie companys expect us to pay to see this shite, most of my downloads are of old movies, that don't have budgets of $100 000.00

with stupid actors that are up themselfs...

bmwmpower
01-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Yes i like old movies , mine last download was bullit and im expecting getaway and gone in 60 seconds 1974 :D

mindgam3
01-03-2005, 01:08 PM
they were all crap, i didnt see one good new release this year......

bmwmpower
01-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Not every was crap: Collateral or Kill Bill?

gis
01-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Bad movies: Alien vs. Predator - maybe i was especting too much
Shaun of the dead - comedy?!

Alien vs predator could have been made better but i dont think it could be classed as one fo the worst movies of the year,only problem is it took a hell of a long time to get the action going,hopefully if they make a 2nd one it will be better.

Shaun of the dead........again i dont think should be classed as a worst movie.its a british movie and to understand it at its best and funniest you have to have a good knowledge of how british comedy is,lol

mindgam3
01-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Shaun of the Dead! I forgot, that was actually a very funny n decent movie, but tht was about it :P

gis
01-03-2005, 01:29 PM
i also think that resident evil apocolypse was one of the best releases this year,i think that was about it,not many movies i went to the cinema to go and see this year.....i actually think there was only 2 or 3 and the resident evil one was the best

bmwmpower
01-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Blade trinity and alexander? i dont saw it, they are that bad?

AvP- maybe not that bad,but whit so many marketing hints, every where you look was Avp, so i expecting so much from this, and the end of film was very stupid

martin100
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
There will be a AvP Directors cut if i´m not wrong soon, with more violence at last. How could a movie with this title be PG-13 rated :?: You forgot to mention "Troy" as a bad movie. I expected much after i watched the trailer, but was then quite disappointed by it. Maby my Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (best movie ever!) cinema experience was still in my mind at that time, so i had to be disappointed of course cause nothing could possibly match it :wink:

sentra_dude
01-03-2005, 02:18 PM
AvP...I got up and left after 30mins I thought it was so bad. Resident Evil...wow that was painful to watch.

Oceans 12 wasn't really a bad movie...I was just expecting so much from it, that when it turned out to just be a average movie I was disappointed. :|

bmwmpower
01-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Ocean eleven was average too, so nothing changed

Fleischmann
01-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Resident Evil Apocalypse was quite pathetic.

gis
01-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Resident Evil Apocalypse was quite pathetic.

how was it pathetic? the first one sucked ass and thats coming from me who is a huge resident evil fan,but the second movie was pretty dam good.dont know how u can say its pathetic. :)

FordGTGuy
01-03-2005, 06:37 PM
I, Robot and Blade Trinity are ok not bad tho.

findleybeast
01-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I thought I, Robot was pretty good, along with Meet the Fockers and Bourne Supremacy. I really liked Troy too. I have yet to see Blade Trinity or Oceans 12. I liked RE: Apocalypse, it was plenty entertaining for me, thought I can see how it wouldn't be a "good" movie per se.

Worst movie of the year by far: Alexander. My god, I wanted to gouge out my eyes watching that expensive pile of crap.

ZfrkS62
01-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Day After Tomorrow. i wanted bury my head in my female companion's chest after the first five minutes...wait..i think anyone here would want to do that...let me rephrase: i wanted to thrash the projector AND the projectionist for agreeing to show it. What the hell were the producers thinking?!? :?

T-Bird
01-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Well seeing as this is my job I can tell you that the biggest dissapointents of the customers would have to be Open Water, Before Sunset, and Anacondas. I can also add to the list Catwoman worse fucking movie ever, not even Halle Barry could save that pile of shit.

The best movie of 2004 for me has to be Garden State I fucking love that movie.
My top ten would have to be...
1. Garden State
2. Collateral
3. Troy
4. King Arthur
5. I'Robot
6. Bourne Supremacy
7. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
8. Resident Evil: Apocalypse
9. Dodgeball
10. Walking Tall

tigerx
01-04-2005, 01:35 AM
can't wait to see list:

- meet the fockers
- alexanders
- phantom of the opera (morelike 2005 but who cares)

can't wait to buy (download ;) LMFAO ):

- garden state
- collateral
- harold and kumar go to white castle
- kill bill 2 (it suck from what i've heard, but i just wanna noe the ending lol)

can't wait to trash:

- anacondas: hunt for the black orchid (or something like that)
- catwoman (oh yeah this is here alright LMFAO) it'll be in the can't wait to see list f halle berry was naked and having hardcore sex 90% of the movie LMFAO.

T-Bird
01-04-2005, 01:56 AM
can't wait to see list:

- meet the fockers
- alexanders
- phantom of the opera (morelike 2005 but who cares)

can't wait to buy (download ;) LMFAO ):

- garden state
- collateral
- harold and kumar go to white castle
- kill bill 2 (it suck from what i've heard, but i just wanna noe the ending lol)

can't wait to trash:

- anacondas: hunt for the black orchid (or something like that)
- catwoman (oh yeah this is here alright LMFAO) it'll be in the can't wait to see list f halle berry was naked and having hardcore sex 90% of the movie LMFAO.

Garden State is worth buying trust me on that.
And it's Blood Orchid :wink:
And we got Catwoman tonight actually but you will have to wait a week to destroy them all.

noliebro
01-05-2005, 02:17 AM
garden state is truly a good movie, Napolean Dynomite was also classic, not to mention dodge ball and anchorman. the rest were crap

ikon2003
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
luckily i seem to have avoided most of the aformentioned movies. i was definitely disappointed with Alexander, which made Troy look like a masterpiece.

bmwmpower
01-05-2005, 12:26 PM
is that bad alexander ? why

TopGearNL
01-05-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't like any of the new films, they are all worse then the olden days, especially the remakes like Taxi oooh :fist: , and take a example like James Bond they are appearing to get worse and less interesting, I liked the older ones better, I think that most of the new films in general are pathetic :x

martin100
01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Kill Bill 2 does by far not reach part 1, but is still a very good movie IMO :!:

FordGTGuy
01-05-2005, 08:59 PM
meet the fockers is good as hell

possessed_beaver
01-06-2005, 05:49 AM
meet the fockers is good as hell

imo it was boaring, shitty and VERY VERY predicatble..

and to make the whole movie worse barbra strisand was in it!! AHHHH

FordGTGuy
01-06-2005, 09:45 AM
i geuss its just oppinion