PDA

View Full Version : how do u burn ps2 game?

twboy1999
01-02-2005, 11:20 PM
just wondering how do u burn ps2 game
i recently downloaded ace of combat 3
but i dunno what to do with it.
i burn the files directly in to dvd,, but doenst work
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/9062/16tw.jpg

GT-R_R34
01-03-2005, 02:07 AM
simple use nero

FPVPSI
01-03-2005, 02:13 AM
now i dunno if im right but anyways...Try burning it as an iso file...is thats possible with a DVD...i usally burn PC games like that that i download...hope that helps...

No.1
01-03-2005, 08:50 AM
You can also use DVD Decrypter in ISO Write mode... they work great, i have done this for friends many times... back-up copies of course :wink:

sheruken
01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
You have to put the files in a particular order, am not sure exactly what order, but it is important, you cant just drag and drop all files in one go.. There should be a guide around the net somewhere.
Good Luck!

abbor
01-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Have you chipped your ps2?

Probably a dumb question, but you didn't say..

DeMoN
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
does nero support dual layered DVDs?

twboy1999
01-03-2005, 01:16 PM
oops
i forgot to mention

yes my ps2 is chipped

but this might be some problelm with the files i download

i burn like that directly,, with out any order. and it didnt work
and i covert all these files to iso files.. and it didnt work also....>.<..

but... i have another question.. let say i have a real copy of a game..how do i make a copy of it? covernt into iso file into my computer and then burn the iso again??

this is so complicated....thanx

sheruken
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Well twboy1999, if you're willing to do some R&D, then you should try this out!
This is how I burnt my last PS2 game on a DVD, it was GT4 Jap Demo..

in Directory, drag files into the program in following order:
SYSTEM.CNF
PCPX_966.49
IOPRP300.IMG
IRX (folder)
EPSON (folder)
GT4.VOL

So in your case you can try putting in this order :
SYSTEM.CNF
SLPS_254.18
IOPRP280.IMG
IRX (folder)
SMV (folder)
BIN (folder)

Probably put the biggest folder (size wise) the last. Either BIN or SMV. I cant say for sure, if this will work. I just think you need to do some research on gamebased forums if you're not willing to waste any more of ur Blank DVDs.

but... i have another question.. let say i have a real copy of a game..how do i make a copy of it? covernt into iso file into my computer and then burn the iso again??
Yes dude, Thats sounds about right.. DVD Decryptor or Nero are the best for burning PS2 games. Let us know if you find out anything more on this. Even I am relatively new to this..

No.1
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes dude, Thats sounds about right.. DVD Decryptor or Nero are the best for burning PS2 games. Let us know if you find out anything more on this. Even I am relatively new to this..

That's right.. i did it with GTA San Andreas, worked first time. You rip it to an ISO and MF?(something-or-other) with DVD Decrypter, then burn it. Very easy indeed, and that was the first copy i made. I hav never downloaded a game before though, so can't halp you with burning the files :|

GT-R_R34
01-03-2005, 03:20 PM
does nero support dual layered DVDs?

nero 6.3 does.

no you don't have to convernt into iso. if you have nero 6.3 just make a copy of the disc into another dvd or cd depending how big the game is. i haven't had problems with it. it just takes 5 min.

twboy1999
01-03-2005, 05:00 PM
thanx guys... i will try to burn some dvd..
and give u guys results

and if any of u guys have more info about this topic.. please post away

No.1
01-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, i find www.doom9.org by far and away the best resource :D

PATo355
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
You can also use DVD Decrypter in ISO Write mode... they work great, i have done this for friends many times... back-up copies of course :wink:

Im doing that too , remember to burn it at 1x or 2x , sometimes even 4x wont work on playstations

sheruken
01-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Im doing that too , remember to burn it at 1x or 2x , sometimes even 4x wont work on playstations

How could I forget to mention that!
True, I burnt it at 2x aswell.. I've heard older PS2s didnt read DVDs burnt at more than 2x or 4x..

No.1
01-04-2005, 11:36 AM

How could I forget to mention that!
True, I burnt it at 2x aswell.. I've heard older PS2s didnt read DVDs burnt at more than 2x or 4x..

:oops: I burnt at 4x... it works fine, nut i will bear that in mind for the future, thanks :)

twboy1999
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
hey
i just used dvd encripter yesterday to rip into RACHET3 into iso, and burn it after at 4x
and it works great

this is just awsome

DeMoN
01-04-2005, 03:00 PM
how about dloaded games? Have u succeded at that? Im thinking on buying a dvd burner that supports dual layer and would like to know how to burn a dloaded game.

I thought when you downloaded them, you obtained a .iso file or .cue .bin which would just be needed to be burnt.

Did you unzip the .iso or .cue .bin to get those files? I know that games you dload for PC come in ISO or CUE BIN so I would think PS2 games would be the same.

DeMoN
01-04-2005, 03:02 PM
EDIT - I just remembered I dloaded prince of percia Warrior within from a torrent site and after finishing unraring it, it is a .ISO image file which is ready to burn. I dont know where u dloaded ur game, but I was right assuming games u dload off the web come already on image format.

twboy1999
01-04-2005, 09:17 PM
u can download games of net

so far.. i didnt have any success downloading and brning game.. i downloaded aces combat, but it didnt work... it was the file i posted earlier before.. i try making into iso , and ti doesnt work also

i think u can get some game from www.http://www.torrentreactor.to/index.php

if anyone know where u can download ps2 game.. please post away also^^

gigdy
01-05-2005, 02:03 AM
just wondering how do u burn ps2 game

with a match, hahahahaha

goodnight