PDA

View Full Version : Rant Thread

stracing
10-14-2003, 07:08 AM
/rant on

i just read the americans are getting the new s2000 before the japanese. i mean WHY?!!!!!! americans don't like honda, they think they are shitboxes. plus they don't have a V8 in them. they only like cars with V8's. plus the car isn't soft, it'll give them sore bums.

also lotus is releasing the elise in america. but you know what, they're softening the suspension, adding carpet, stereo and air con :roll: why even bother, they'll just complain its just another overpriced import. *sigh* they'll never experience the true spirit of an elise

every manufacturer outside america is always trying to satisfy the american market and compromise their orignal ideas, design traits and goals.

/rant off

/flame_suit on

thats my complaint for the day

cho_888
10-14-2003, 07:13 AM
i agree, cars a built and compromised to suit the americans. All you need to make a american supercar is a V8 and some sort of metal frame.

stradale
10-14-2003, 07:15 AM
Hahaha, you're absolutely right. There are exceptions of course (of whom most are members here), but most Americans don't deserve those great cars. Just give them a big truck with an auto gearbox and they're satisfied. Don't ruin cars just because most people over there can't understand the concept in the first place. Plus the fact that the Americans that do get what it's about and appreciate it, get stuck with versions they don't even want because they're half as good as the original.

novass
10-14-2003, 07:33 AM
ive always wanted an Elise. i was glad to hear they were thinking about bringing it over here but i dont like the fact they are changing it. i like the Elise because its a no nonsense sports car.

we miss out on a lot of really nice cars living here due to different laws and the public majority being morons. its easy to see this in LA. it seems like once a new "trendy" car comes out people buy it like crazy. during the first week it was out, i saw maybe one. a week later it was like 3+ a day. this happens with damn near every car. its like thier brains arent attached to their wallet, they think "its new, must have."

but it does suck that we dont get a lot of really nice cars here. no Audi RS4s, McLaren F1 (except one rural part of Texas or some shit), no Skylines, etc. etc. and some of the ones we do get are de-tuned and fucked up. we get less power in exchange for random shit thats there strictly for aesthetics. it seems like the majority dont care about driving itself.

aawil
10-14-2003, 09:52 AM
The S2000's 2.2 liter engine sounded dissapointing to me mainly because of the lower redline. Although based on tests it'll be much easier to get the same performance out of the car without having to beat the crap out of it. I don't think there helping it by adding a touch of understeer as i would think will happen with the smaller rear sway bar. At least the stayed with digital gauges. Maybe these updates will hurt 00-03 prices a little these damn things hold to much value used. My local Nissan dealer has had several used S2000's in the past couple months probably trading them on that heavy 350Z.Fools. :(

AlienDB7
10-14-2003, 01:44 PM
There has to be a reason why they put a 1.8L celica engine in the american spec lotus elise (beside the emission standard). If you look at what's included in the package, it's almost like opel speedster/vauxhall vx220 with a different engine. One thing for certain, the elise will still be the best handling car in america. That's not hard to do :)

troskap
10-14-2003, 06:02 PM
We have too much over on this side of the pond to ruin a perfectly good car. Emissions standards, passenger safety standards, economy standards ... the perfect formula to make any imported car a travesty when the US-legal version finally comes out. Of course, somehow, they don't find more ways to outlaw SUVs, of course. Fricking soccer-mom bricks on wheels, most of the time.

And let's not get started on our drivers, either. Any idiot can get a license passing a 5 question multiple choice test, driving around for a few hours with an 'instructor', then passing a motoring test held in something little more than a glorified parking lot. Not a lot of suprise to me why so many suck and screw up, over here.... If the regulations can't ruin good cars, the drivers can....

jakaracman
10-15-2003, 05:06 AM
It's always the same. Someone produces a great cars. AMericans complain that it's to small, to stiff, has to much oversteer, not civilized enough. And in next generation the car is ruined ...

stracing
10-15-2003, 05:15 AM
wish they could just ignore their wants.
thats why the WRX, EVO, ITR all these small japanese sports cars are bloated now.
i fear the godzilla will be fat and heavy. as if its not heavy enough already.

Vansquish
10-15-2003, 05:24 AM
We are not all stereotypical Americans...I'd much rather have a nice sports car with a manual transmission, stiff suspension, low profile tires and a composite body and aluminum or carbon chassis. There are actually a fairly large number of people who would gladly see the Elise come to the US in its usual stripped down to bare-essentials setup rather than a luxo-version that we're bound to get. I hope that Lotus offers an alternate setup instead of, or in addition to the one that they're talking about bringing across the pond. The Elise is a sports car that shouldn't be tampered with, it's just about perfect as it is and requires no change except maybe to add some indicators and safety stuff so that it's road legal here. I guess we'll just have to suffer though....tis a sad sad world.

Kangaroo Boy
10-15-2003, 06:30 AM
/rant on

i just read the americans are getting the new s2000 before the japanese. i mean WHY?!!!!!! americans don't like honda, they think they are shitboxes. plus they don't have a V8 in them. they only like cars with V8's. plus the car isn't soft, it'll give them sore bums.

also lotus is releasing the elise in america. but you know what, they're softening the suspension, adding carpet, stereo and air con :roll: why even bother, they'll just complain its just another overpriced import. *sigh* they'll never experience the true spirit of an elise

every manufacturer outside america is always trying to satisfy the american market and compromise their orignal ideas, design traits and goals.

/rant off

/flame_suit on

thats my complaint for the day
So true,So true,we gave the yanks our Monaro to them,they wreck it and Complain about it.So un greatful

sikx5
10-16-2003, 06:02 AM
yeah i agree with you guys.......its sad to see how the american's misuse and abuse there cars they recieve. have you ever been to www.wreckedexotics.com when ever i visit i just get so pissed off...the cars they have over there...and whats happened to them, its just a fucken disgrace..All those Beautiful M3's and F50's...crashed..i know not all people are anything like that, but the choices they recieved compared to the other parts of the world just shits me...

sikx5
10-16-2003, 06:09 AM
oh yeah..while im on this rant thing....why the fuck did the enzo only go to sydney and melbourne motor show and skip brisbane...fucken a-holes.......

cho_888
10-16-2003, 06:20 AM
dont know, thats very interesting. have to look into that.