PDA

View Full Version : R-GT Road Version ..

saadie
12-20-2004, 09:57 AM
The light-swallowing vortex at right is actually Lamborghini’s R-GT prototype, the car that will put the outfit’s limited track experience to use on the street. The Murci R-GT will see an 0.3 liter increase in displacement to 6.5 liters, and it’s rumored that the improved V12 can push 745-hp, although the figure for production will be around 650-680, still enough to outrun the Polizia’s Gallardo cruiser. Lambo’s goal is to eclipse the Enzo’s 3.5 second 0-60 dash and provide a more engaging drive, which shouldn’t be too hard considering the last time I took the old boy out I was actually kind of bored with it and almost feel asleep taking a hard right at 120. (http://sports.autoblog.com/entry/4463683147171125)

holy smokes 745 ... this is heavy ....
anyone got more info ...

saadie
12-20-2004, 10:27 AM
anyone got more info ...

anyone got more pics??? :D

anyone got any pics ?? :lol:

yep the gallardo sure is a pussy in front of it ....

just think how would it do against the enzo :twisted:

No.1
12-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I think they are upgrading the Murcie next year, but never heard of an R-GT for the road :? ... sounds great, and i hope it's true. It will be very exclusive too... i doubt more than 50 will be made compared with 399 Enzos :wink:

twboy1999
12-20-2004, 11:08 PM
enzo will still beat the r-gt around the track and straight line performance

no way they will put more then 700hp in to the road version of the car

ikon2003
12-21-2004, 12:19 AM
I think they're only slated to make 25-50 of these guys, just so they can meet homologationn rules.

Pimp Racer
12-21-2004, 01:46 AM
Hmm... any links?

saadie
12-21-2004, 07:45 AM
yeah ... and the best thing about it is that its RWD rather then the normal AWD ....
so this car will be totally different in handling and all ..

a007apl
12-21-2004, 10:09 AM
R-GT street version NOW test driver, prototype, no pics, but I'm hunter 8)

mazmazmaz1
12-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Great news.. finally a lambo to compete against the greatest of supercars. i wonder how its gonna look like.

mazmazmaz1
12-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Following info according to EVO magazine which is similar to what Saadie mentioned:

Taken from EVO Magazine

To capitalise on the presence of the Murciélago GT racer currently competing in the FIA GT championship (as a warm-up for Le Mans 2005), Lamborghini is to produce a special road-going version called the Murciélago R-GT. Just 25 are planned and they're expected to be launched at the end of 2005.

Prototypes are already being assessed at the factory. The most significant difference to the current production car is a change from four-wheel drive to rear-wheel drive, in an effort to save as much weight as possible. The R-GT will use a revised V12 that's grown to 6.5 litres from the 6.2-litre unit in the current car. It will also come with ceramic brake discs as standard and it will be available only with Lambo's new E-Gear paddleshift transmission.

Power increases dramatically. Lamborghini insiders say this new version of the famous V12 is already producing in excess of 745bhp on the dyno but the company is planning to settle on a headline figure of around 650-680bhp for the finished production version of the engine.

One of the R-GT's goals is to beat arch rival Ferrari's performance figures for the Enzo; a 0-60mph time of less than 3.5sec is the current target. As well as the number crunching, Lamborghini wants the R-GT to engage the driver more than the rather aloof Enzo does. Expect a list price of around £230-240,000.

After these special 25 limited edition R-GT Murciélagos have been built, expect a revised version of the current road car, called either GT or SV. Regardless of what it's eventually called, the big news is that it will get the R-GT's ballsier engine, but not its rear-drive transmission. However, the existing four-wheel-drive system will be revised. Rather like the Diablo SV of the late '90s, shorter gearing could be an option, along with the ceramic brakes from the R-GT.

Also I read in some forum the folowing: "Lamborghini is making a street version of the Murcielago R-GT. It will be available next year for 500,000 euros".