PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Dodge Charger Pics

noliebro
12-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Chrysler finally released some sketches of the new Charger. It is supposed to be unveiled in January some time and one can only hope that it will be at my LA Auto Show. There are going to be 12 debuts this year and Dodge has said they are planning something. I got invited to the sneak preview night but don't know if I can afford the $100 ticket price this close to Christmas. I also have some spy pics of the car.

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/8235/v7msketch.jpg

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/5525/d3jcharger.jpg

gobs3z
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
I'de still pick any of these over that one. A Charger is supposed to only have 2 doors, so this new charger doesn't have any characteristcs of the original other than a HEMI.
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/484/k3o0404phrdodge02z.jpg

gobs3z
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
And yes i do realize the concept above has four doors, but it looks a hell of a lot better. And it actually looks like a Charger!!

blah
12-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Chrysler finally released some sketches of the new Charger. It is supposed to be unveiled in January some time and one can only hope that it will be at my LA Auto Show. There are going to be 12 debuts this year and Dodge has said they are planning something. I got invited to the sneak preview night but don't know if I can afford the $100 ticket price this close to Christmas. I also have some spy pics of the car.

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/8235/v7msketch.jpg

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/5525/d3jcharger.jpg

how did you get invited? can you bring a friend, id chuck up 100 bucks to go. :shock:

DeMoN
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Wow looks similar to other ford productions. How did u get invited?

JiggaStyles09
12-07-2004, 01:30 AM
complain if you want about the styling but 340hp and 390 torque in a usable package for 30grand or less (usd) is quite impressive. i mean its basically a cheaper version of the 300c. i really dont think there is anything in its class that can run with it. it can seat 5, has good trunk space, decent features and ammenities and it can haul ass. (hopefully they will come out with a SRT version too with the 6.1L like they did with the 300c). :D

i like it and i will reserve my opinions about its styling when i finally see the unveiling (although i have a feeling its going to look pretty much like a sedan version of the magnum with minimal changes).

though i do understand where you are coming from gobs3z, and i kinda agree. some may not like that its called the charger, because it has 4 doors and its not as purpose built as the original charger, but call it what you want it will still be a great car i think. :)

gobs3z
12-07-2004, 02:42 AM
complain if you want about the styling but 340hp and 390 torque in a usable package for 30grand or less (usd) is quite impressive. i mean its basically a cheaper version of the 300c. i really dont think there is anything in its class that can run with it. it can seat 5, has good trunk space, decent features and ammenities and it can haul ass. (hopefully they will come out with a SRT version too with the 6.1L like they did with the 300c).

I totally agree with you, with the bang for the buck, dodge has done it again. And it seems to be very versatile with what it can be used for with being a daily driver. Great cargo room, seats 5 and hauls ass like you said, i guess i just wish they hadn't put the Charger name on it because it has to live up to it in some way or another and the styling and it being a sedan doesn't do it for me. Great car, wrong name.

dons5
12-07-2004, 03:11 AM
wow look at the differecne of the prototype, to the spy shots

Spy shots, typical new car styling bix and boxy, no sloping all straight looks like a 300c

prototype- mix of curvey and straight really has its own style, (although side reminds me of a C5) looks exotic but the front sais charger and looks like a much much more expensive and high performance car then the spy shots. Other then 4 doors looks great!

JiggaStyles09
12-07-2004, 03:51 AM
Great car, wrong name.

i would say that sums it up pretty well. :mrgreen:

SilviaEvo
12-07-2004, 03:54 AM
The old Charger was brilliant but i think it is pointless to make a 4 door Charger that is like a 4 door SL65

nthfinity
12-08-2004, 03:07 AM
hehe, i forgot that 2 weeks after christmas is the best time of year (in some ways)
i can hardly waite for NAIAS
last year i had the optertunity for the charity preview night too, but couldnt make it because of it interfering with my class chedule... so i went a few days later.

anyway, you can bet ill be taking as many pictures as i can!

honestly, id rather not go on preview nights, as theya re over crowded with pushy jurnalists and photographers... its much easier to get good photos early in the morning when its not congested.... but then again, you dont see the big names in automotive engineering either

Cockrocket
07-08-2006, 09:37 AM
The only good thing to come out of the Charger is that it makes the Challenger Concept more likely to go into production due to many parts being interchangeable!!

I am liking the new American interest in bringing back old American muscle car classics but more modern, so far the Chevy Camaro is by far the best looking!

nickthaskater
07-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Holy resurrection of an old topic... And by the way Cockrocket, Dodge has already announced that the Challenger is going into production.

MIHALS
07-08-2006, 11:43 AM
1,5 year bump :roll:

and btw2: I've already seen this car about 3 months ago even here in Czech, where you have to bring it from US, or other European country... looks VERY mean on our roads :twisted:

but again, bumping up VERY old topic isn't very smart idea :roll:

DeMoN
07-08-2006, 11:11 PM
^ I see more than one a day. Almost as "popular" as mustangs :x

Cockrocket
07-09-2006, 03:16 PM
One of my favorite examples of a charger I'd love to own one day is the one from the original fast and furious- no bling or modern interferences, just pure power!

I agree :twisted: Although the center mounted supercharger may get anoying in terms of visability and many pedestrians will be knocked down! But hey 900bhp, whos gunna argue!

isnt the red chrager in Gobs3z picture the charger concept? If so what the hell happened to those looks? Grabted it looks like one of the newer Cameros but it still looks good!

RC45
07-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Old topic? Where?

MIHALS
07-09-2006, 03:29 PM
never mind RC :mrgreen:

Cockrocket
07-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Old topic? Where?

Sorry but does it actualy matter if it is an old topic? If so why dont admins or moderator seek to delete topics of a certain age or not relied to for a certain length of time, surely that would also aid in the bandwidth availability of the site and enable students like me to access the vault 8) :lol:

nthfinity
07-18-2006, 12:33 PM
The only good thing to come out of the Charger is that it makes the Challenger Concept more likely to go into production due to many parts being interchangeable!!

I am liking the new American interest in bringing back old American muscle car classics but more modern, so far the Chevy Camaro is by far the best looking!

way to bring up an ancient topic...

BTW, two weeks ago "already" DxC announced the Challenger is go.... but some of us have known since early January; and i'm sure you'll find posts here about that.

and while the Charger is "classic muscle" in name, DxC have toyed around with bastardizations of the name for years...

there were 80's versions of the Charger, and what was it? a DOHC 4 cylinder econobox... now its a 4 door cruiser that happens to have a v8 and rear drive... but no manuel tranny.