PDA

View Full Version : hey Jabba, is this your car?!

novass
10-08-2003, 08:57 AM
well i was browsing wreckedexotics.com and i came across this. i remembered that a wheel snapped off when you took the 355 to a track, then i saw it was RHD. is it yours?

link http://www.wreckedexotics.com/355/355_20030228_001.shtml

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/355/355_20030228_001.jpg

gis
10-08-2003, 09:00 AM
looks exactly the same,but from watching the DVD i think i rememebr it bein on the passenger side.but i cant remember exactly

Jabba
10-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Nope I have a cream interior...I think that is a tan one...thanks for thinking of me though.... :D

TT
I'm almost sure it was the front left one on Jabba's 355

TT
LOL, to slow ;) but was it the left or right one?

novass
10-08-2003, 09:02 AM
just makin sure LOL i wouldnt want someone posting pics of my baby when shes hurt

Jabba
10-08-2003, 09:03 AM
it was the left passenger side wheel that came off....

Jabba
10-08-2003, 09:19 AM
http://www.weeno.com/mix2.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/pc280111.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/pc280112.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/pc280113.jpg

stradale
10-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Damn, Jabba. I read about it before, but I never saw a picture of it. That looks terrible. I can't stand seeing broken beautiful cars. I've seen worse, but it still hurts.

This reminds me of a couple of years back, when the 550 Maranello had just been introduced. I was at the track of Zandvoort where an event with lots of Ferrari's (Italia a Zandvoort) was taking place. Of course the Dutch Ferrari distributor had arranged for a 550 to be present. It was being driven around the track by some bigshot from Ferrari. One lap it took a very long time for the car to get back to the straight where I was sitting. It turned out the Ferrari chap had lost control and crashed the car. The poor 550 came limping back onto the straight and to my surprise almost everyone on the stands began to cheer.Apparently they thought it was fun, instead of sad. The fucking retards!! After all, it was an event for Italian car nuts like us. To this day I can't understand it and thinking about it still makes me mad...

novass
10-08-2003, 09:42 AM
sorry to make you relive this experiance Jabba

TT
10-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Shit, every time I see that pic I feel sick :(

novass
10-08-2003, 09:53 AM
damn, well i successfully killed everyones mood :(

Jabba
10-08-2003, 09:58 AM
nope because this is what it looks like now...completely fixed and re-sprayed :D :D :D

http://www.weeno.com/DVC00032.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/DVC00031.JPG
http://www.weeno.com/DVC00035.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/DVC00036.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/DVC00037.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/DVC00038.jpg
http://www.weeno.com/Grabbed%20Frame%205.jpg

stradale
10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Jabba, have you changed the interior? I also notice the hood cover being a different colour. But the seats look lighter to me as well.

gis
10-08-2003, 10:13 AM
DAM i cant decide in that last pic which ass is nicer

Jabba
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Jabba, have you changed the interior? I also notice the hood cover being a different colour. But the seats look lighter to me as well.

i noticed that too. did u get the interior changed jabba? can you do that, decide that you want to change your interior and top color, that would prolong the life of a nice ferrari, you'd never get bord of the interior cuz u could change it.

:o OOORRRRR, maybe just maybe, Jabba "got it like that" and bought another 355 and give the other to a friend.

Jabba
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM

In that picture the hood cover is not fitted...its a real pain in the ass to put on...and I only bother if I am going on a long journey or if its definitely not going to rain....

here is a picture with the hood cover fitted...you can probably see the popper fasteners if you look closely....and yes I had the seats recovered as well but they are the same colour...rosso corssa crema...well spotted.... :D

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/aq/355.JPG

stradale
10-08-2003, 10:35 AM
^^^ I watch beautiful cars very closely, you know... :)

stradale
10-08-2003, 10:38 AM
:o OOORRRRR, maybe just maybe, Jabba "got it like that" and bought another 355 and give the other to a friend.

I thought about that too, but the license plates were the same. O yeah, I checked that... :wink:

jon_s
10-08-2003, 11:02 AM
nice to see all thoes pics again.....one good thing though....it happened on the track. I am sure we have talked about this before, but if that had been on the road! Fuck knows what may have resulted!

Jabba
10-08-2003, 11:11 AM
yep...I only bought the pictures back up again because there are some new members here that didn't see them the first time around...

suqish76
10-08-2003, 11:17 AM
hey jabba... is it true that if that if ever you wanted to repaint your ferrari or lambo that you have to ask them for premision first.
i heard that somewhere but didn't believe it
also they had specific colors and places where the car was to be painted

jon_s
10-08-2003, 11:25 AM
errrr, I doubt it very much!

Jabba
10-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Yep new one on me...sounds like bullshit though....

novass
10-08-2003, 12:33 PM
i am much happier upon seeing the pics of the Ferrari after that unfortunate incident, resprayed and attractin booty like it should :D

good thing it wasnt a real horse tho otherwise you would have had to put it down. i had to do that once up near our ranch to a small pony. my father and i came across it lying in the road dying. it most likely got hit by a car/truck because it was seriously fucked up. since i already had the rifle on my horse my dad told me to do it, i tell you it wasnt easy but it was better then it suffering. my dad made me watch the horse so other animals wouldnt eat it while he went to get his truck, that was the worst part, having to sit there with it the whole time wondering if i did the right thing or not. i trust my father and the horse was in pain, so i think it was the best option at the time. its in the past, what can you do...

Jabba
10-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Damn thats an interesting and also very sad story...I think you did the right thing though....

novass
10-08-2003, 02:01 PM
whats done is done. to quote Robert Frost, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

i just realized that i probably seem like a super redneck due to some of the stuff ive said with the horses, me likin orange so much, well thats about it. but i aint no redneck, yall herd?

sorry i got no sleep last night, im a wee little loopy right now

BADMIHAI
10-08-2003, 08:36 PM
DAM i cant decide in that last pic which ass is nicer

I'd take the Ferrari :) It gets you lots of those asses :)

sportVeloce
10-27-2003, 06:53 AM
Jabba why the re-spray and interior recovering?

I can see it needing some minor glass work on the scuffs on the body, and little paint. I guess you wanted all the colour to match perfectly?

What about doing all the leather? Why did you choose to do that?

cho_888
10-27-2003, 07:02 AM
Ahhh jabba one quick question, how the hell does teh front wheel of a ferrari fall of? Forgive me but i missed htat part of the vid. I only have wheny ou are going to teh arifield and when you are there with the 355 and lambo. When did this happen how and is it on video and did i miss it.

Jabba
10-27-2003, 07:03 AM
I guess I love to see cars looking as nice as I can make them......

Jabba
10-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Ahhh jabba one quick question, how the hell does teh front wheel of a ferrari fall of? Forgive me but i missed htat part of the vid. I only have wheny ou are going to teh arifield and when you are there with the 355 and lambo. When did this happen how and is it on video and did i miss it.

Its on my DVD that is coming soon....

cho_888
10-27-2003, 07:06 AM
soon, how soon and how do i get it sent to Aus and how much? you like to keep people guessing?

sportVeloce
10-27-2003, 07:08 AM
I think he straps it on the back of a pigeon :lol:

cho_888
10-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Oh good saves me coming over to get then. walking to jabba's place from here is a long trip but is really rewarding :wink:

Jabba
10-27-2003, 07:11 AM
soon, how soon and how do i get it sent to Aus and how much? you like to keep people guessing?

I have sent it to Aus already to one person who ordered it through "EVO" magazine I think the shipping inc the DVD was about $30...but dont hold me to it...

cho_888
10-27-2003, 07:14 AM
$30 were are the detail i will set you up with your small fortune and you can give me the goods

Jabba
10-27-2003, 07:23 AM
hahahhahah I am not selling it anymore until I add some extra stuff onto it...maybe the new Jabba car (whatever that is going to be) will feature on it

TT
10-27-2003, 07:24 AM
I hope there will be new stuff :) so I can have my second Jabba's DVD :D

coombsie66
10-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Ur plannin on gettin a new car jabba??? I wud av thought ud have ordered a gallardo by now if u were gunna get one, u gunna get the carrera GT??!!??
One of the new GT40's wud b pretty nice 2, under 100k aswell, looked and sounded awsome on top gear last nite!

TT
10-27-2003, 02:00 PM
You should have heard Tiff's review about the Gallardo! He scared the shit out of everybody interested and I'll be surprised if 3 of them will be sold all over uk ;)

Jabba
10-27-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeh...funny I have kinda gone off the Gallarado now.... :(

Johns
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
dayum. those accident pics should be NWS :lol:

hemi_fan
10-27-2003, 07:57 PM
lol stradale. if that hurts you... dont watch the gumball vid with that redhead in it (dont remember wut it was called). the guy totals his ferrari, jabbas was a farily easy fix but the vids was a total write off.

stradale
10-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Too late hemi_fan, I had already seen it on TV a while ago, but thanks anyway. :D Yeah, that accident was a lot worse than this. All damage to thoroughbreds hurts, it's some kind of voodoo thing I guess.

1zippo1
10-28-2003, 08:01 AM

About the Gallardo, he hasn't said one time it was a bad car or that the engine wasn't good. He only had two comments: you can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid) and first gear is good for about 70 miles an hour => if you want to go as fast as possible you regularly have to switch back to first gear. But still, I would have expected it to be better frankly ... pitty really because lookswise it's amazing.

Jabba, may I ask what your considering as a new car... And is it going to replace the 355 or the Diablo or are you just getting another car. Are you looking for a car you drive every day (BMW M3-Audi S4-Alfa 156GTA-...) or another reall sports coupé?

I know you're not really a fan of Porsche's so I won't suggest any of those (but a GT3 is a dream for me). For a nice sports coupé you could consider a TVR Tuscan or T350C maybe... a Noble M12 is probably the fastest car you can get price/performance wise. But all of those are relitivly understated in the market. They don't have the reputation of Ferrari or Lamborghini. I know you're no fan of the 360 otherwise a 360 spider or even the Challange Stradalé could be a blast & IMO they look gorgeous.

Sorry for my curiousity but I think the problem is that I want to be in your space... just the thought of being able to buy one of these cars... makes me drool :P

TT
10-28-2003, 08:07 AM
can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid)

That's the point.. if it was a Cadillac for long travels ok... but it's a sport car, a supercar.. and that single downside is terrible IMO.

1zippo1
10-28-2003, 08:39 AM
can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid)

That's the point.. if it was a Cadillac for long travels ok... but it's a sport car, a supercar.. and that single downside is terrible IMO.

Indeed, reall pitty...

Jabba
10-28-2003, 08:48 AM

About the Gallardo, he hasn't said one time it was a bad car or that the engine wasn't good. He only had two comments: you can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid) and first gear is good for about 70 miles an hour => if you want to go as fast as possible you regularly have to switch back to first gear. But still, I would have expected it to be better frankly ... pitty really because lookswise it's amazing.

Jabba, may I ask what your considering as a new car... And is it going to replace the 355 or the Diablo or are you just getting another car. Are you looking for a car you drive every day (BMW M3-Audi S4-Alfa 156GTA-...) or another reall sports coupé?

I know you're not really a fan of Porsche's so I won't suggest any of those (but a GT3 is a dream for me). For a nice sports coupé you could consider a TVR Tuscan or T350C maybe... a Noble M12 is probably the fastest car you can get price/performance wise. But all of those are relitivly understated in the market. They don't have the reputation of Ferrari or Lamborghini. I know you're no fan of the 360 otherwise a 360 spider or even the Challange Stradalé could be a blast & IMO they look gorgeous.

Sorry for my curiousity but I think the problem is that I want to be in your space... just the thought of being able to buy one of these cars... makes me drool :P

It comes into two catergories I can either easily improve my daily driver to an M3 or R34 and get extra daily pleasure driving it...(although both are great cars they are not going to give you the buzz of a true supercar...hence a perfect daily driver)

OR

Go for another "Sunday Morning" type car that is going to be a great deal more expensive that will join the Diablo and F355...obviously it would have to be considered much better and offer something "extra special" than those two cars to make it worth buying and the extra cost....and also that I wouldn't drive it very often....an F50 with its de-tuned F1 engine sounds like just the car for the job..... 8)

I cant see a TVR fitting in anywhere to be honest...I would say they are seen in the same catergory as Lotus here....great cars for the money...but a defiante step down from Ferrari and Lamborghini and not really a suitable daily driver either....I cant see the day I would choose to drive a TVR over my other cars...as for the Stradale....interesting...but not the increase in performance over my exsisting cars to warrant a purchase...nope I think the next car...has to be in the next league up....

The point I am trying to make is like going from a Pentium 4 2.2 to a 2.3 isnt really worth the extra cost...but if you were going to go from a Pentium 2.2 to a 3.1 then although it would be more expensive at least you should notice the extra power from it...

TT
10-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Jabba, you know you make us drooool like fools when you begin speaking like that! :D

Jabba
10-28-2003, 08:59 AM
I am drooling as well !!! :P

gis
10-28-2003, 09:28 AM
i increased from a pentium 1.3 to a pentuim 4 2.6.......................but weres my F50 :D

Jabba
10-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Your F50 is in your computer case...but a 2.6 is more like a stradale

gis
10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
hmmm id be happy with a stradale :D

1zippo1
10-28-2003, 11:24 AM
I understand your point jabba...

I just didn't know what you were looking for. It could be that you wanted something else and sell the 355 or Diablo. But it's hard finding any better without going to a higher price level and I'm afraid that's going to be a very high level :?

There are cars that are priced a little higher like the Vanquish but none of those offer better performance then your Diablo VT... The only thing I can think of is the Pagani or the Porsche CGT, but that's around 250.000-300.000 pounds... I might be forgetting something however but that's one of the only way you can get something remarcably faster then the Diablo.

TT
10-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Well, not that a nice F50 would really be that slower than the Diablo :P

Jabba
10-28-2003, 11:45 AM
the only thing I can think of is the Pagani or the Porsche CGT, but that's around 250.000-300.000 pounds... I might be forgetting something however but that's one of the only way you can get something remarcably faster then the Diablo.

The other factor is that the CGT and F50 are both left hand drive ony...and therefore would spoil the fun somewhat in the UK....(especially overtaking)....the Pagani is available in RHD but I am not sure if it would deliver an extra £300,000 worth of fun over the Diablo....damn buying cars used to be much easier a few years ago...

TT
10-28-2003, 11:54 AM
HAHAH, we're in the supercar years :) and that's not that bad afterall ;) especially for us not into buying one :P

1zippo1
10-28-2003, 12:13 PM
The other factor is that the CGT and F50 are both left hand drive ony...and therefore would spoil the fun somewhat in the UK....(especially overtaking)....the Pagani is available in RHD but I am not sure if it would deliver an extra £300,000 worth of fun over the Diablo....damn buying cars used to be much easier a few years ago...

Aha, I didn't know that. I usually don't pay any attention to that. And if you're not sure well I would just ask for a test drive. I know with a Pagani that isn't going to be so easy but what you go to a dealer with your Diablo... they can hardly refuse :D

And as I said, going upwards from a Diablo is very hard and especially very expensive :wink:

Jabba
10-28-2003, 12:19 PM
There is a Pagani RHD available to buy here but sadly no price or picture (might be one soon though)...and yes they know the "Jabba"

www.tomhartley.co.uk

1zippo1
10-28-2003, 12:42 PM
If I were you I would call them, say you're interested in the car but not really sure if it is a big improvement over the Diablo. And if you're lucky they guy will just say: oh well we could arrange a test drive for you...

No matter in wich way you look at it, this can't be a bad thing. If it turns out to be less then you expected well at least you know. But somehow I don't think you'll be dissapointed :P

EDIT: damn some nice cars: Vanquish, 575, 360Spider, 911GT2 and even a GT2...

Jabba
10-28-2003, 12:49 PM
They actually tend to call me up and try and tempt me over....or would even bring it over to my office....but I dont think it would be fair unless my mind was 100 % made up....its just the way I do things...I am never sold anything...I like to buy cars that I have decided are exactly what I want....

1zippo1
10-28-2003, 12:59 PM
They actually tend to call me up and try and tempt me over....or would even bring it over to my office....but I dont think it would be fair unless my mind was 100 % made up....its just the way I do things...I am never sold anything...I like to buy cars that I have decided are exactly what I want....

And the problem is that the 355 & the Diablo are exaclty what you want, aren't they :wink:

stradale
10-28-2003, 01:00 PM
But can you be sure about a car if you haven't driven it yet? That has to be the decisive factor, right?

I have an idea as well. What about a more radical Diablo than your current roadster? Something like a GT or SE30. The latest offerings from Sant' Agata don't seem to tempt you and you'd want an improvement on the Diablo. So why not have a different Diablo?

Or you could buy a racing car and take it to track days.

Jabba
10-28-2003, 01:06 PM

And the problem is that the 355 & the Diablo are exaclty what you want, aren't they :wink:

You are very clever Zippo...and I think you could well be right.... :wink:

Jabba
10-28-2003, 01:14 PM
But can you be sure about a car if you haven't driven it yet? That has to be the decisive factor, right?

You may be shocked to learn that I have NEVER test driven a car in my life....I believe you either want it or you dent...and it often takes many miles of use on roads your are familiar with to appreciate how good the car is anyway...that you would never find out on a 30 minute test drive...my usual method is to get the salesman to put it through its paces with me as the terrified passenger.....

I turned down JK's actual SE30 (and it was 20K cheaper) as all SE30's are getting a little bit old now....and all GT's are LHD of course....

stradale
10-28-2003, 01:20 PM

You may be shocked to learn that I have NEVER test driven a car in my life....I believe you either want it or you dent...and it often takes many miles of use on roads your are familiar with to appreciate how good the car is anyway...that you would never find out on a 30 minute test drive...my usual method is to get the salesman to put it through its paces with me as the terrified passenger.....

I turned down JK's actual SE30 (and it was 20K cheaper) as all SE30's are getting a little bit old now....and all GT's are LHD of course....

You have a point about test drives. But you do get a glimpse about the car's character, as to being more involving (if possible) than the Diablo and F355.

Damn! Why the hell do you english deprive yourselves of some of the greatest cars by stubbornly driving on the wrong side of the road? :wink:

gis
10-28-2003, 01:24 PM
the faster english drivers dont necesarily drive on the right side,the faster ones are overtaking all the time so we are usually on the other side anyway :D

Jabba
10-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Damn! Why the hell do you english deprive yourselves of some of the greatest cars by stubbornly driving on the wrong side of the road? :wink:

Tell me about it...and I always have to pay shit loads more for the right hand drive version...which is never quite as good as the left hand drive version that is intended to be that way....

stradale
10-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Maybe the EU can fix that for you... Or have I said a bad word just now? LOL :wink:

stradale
10-28-2003, 01:37 PM

Tell me about it...and I always have to pay shit loads more for the right hand drive version...which is never quite as good as the left hand drive version that is intended to be that way....

Is there really a difference in the way the car handles as opposed to the LHD version?

BTW, an F50 doesn't seem a bad idea to me. It's bound to be a different drive than the Diablo with its suspension. And I haven't talked about the engine yet :shock:

I'll try and post everything I want to say in one post next time, sorry.

Jabba
10-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Things like the throttle cable were very poor on my 355 GTS (it was very sticky) that they hadnt got quite right in the conversion from LHD to RHD....

novass
10-29-2003, 01:10 AM
on a side note, i just drove my first RHD car. it was a 180sx (owned by Billyjuan). i didnt have too many problems gettin used to it. everything was the same except for the steering wheel being on the right side. but 1st gear was in the same spot as were the pedals, not sure if its the same in all RHDs. ive been in the LHD version, but ive never driven one so i cant really compare the 2 cars in that sense.

i only drove it for a few minutes tho and only on side streets so i dont know how comfortable i would be on freeways etc. it was the first time Billyjuan drove a RHD drive and he seemed to be ok on the freeway, at first he drove a little too close to the left line in the road, but he quickly figured it out. of course, i dont know what it feels like to drive on opposite sides of the road tho.

PATo355
10-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Driving RHD cars must be pretty difficult for us that are used to LHD , hey jabba , you talk about having problems with a LHD to RHD conversion .

So you bought your cars LHD ? i thought that they were developed equally to LHD and RHD , considering that UK is a big market for exotics , they might be the same .

Jabba
10-31-2003, 05:49 AM
No they are all RHD drive models...I am sure paying for a LHD to be converted to RHD would be more expensive than buying the real thing anyway...

Obvisouly they dont consider the RHD drive to be big enough....as there are no RHD F40, F50, Enzo, CGT

stracing
10-31-2003, 06:20 AM
wouldn't it be lovely if the car market is predominantly RHD? then i may get the chance to actually see an enzo on the roads of sydney

PATo355
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
That sucks , but is not illegal to drive a LHD car in UK ? Ithink it must be pretty difficult to get used to it .

I think converting an Enzo to RHD must be hugely expensive

TT
10-31-2003, 01:03 PM
but is not illegal to drive a LHD car in UK ?

I don't think it exists a country where it is illegal to drive a car with the wheel "on the wrong side"...

stracing
10-31-2003, 07:54 PM
in some countries a conversion must be made
like the corvettes over here, they aren't sold here but if imported, they must.

but i know europe and largely in asia, left or right doesn't matter

TT
10-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Coo, I wasn't aware of that.. I wonder why.. basically it's not really a problem... well it can be an hassle in car parks or McDrive and every other place where you need to be on the correct side of the car ;) but strange there is a law about that...

stracing
10-31-2003, 08:15 PM
yea i don't see a problem with it either. altho military vehicles and registered rally cars are LHD
you study law right? if you look at our law, its pretty shit. its so messed up.

TT
10-31-2003, 08:20 PM
HAHAHAA! In effect from our point of view the English law is pretty "messy" (different is the right term though ;)).. and I suppose in Australia the law is based on the English one, isn't it? So basically no big codes in the background, trying to describe everything?

cho_888
11-01-2003, 02:00 AM
the rule in Austrlia is that any car pre 1997 can be on the road without a conversion thats why the enzo cant be seen on our roads. Our laws were influenced by the english, however there are some differences that make Australia better and worse.

jon_s
11-01-2003, 06:45 AM
HAHAHAA! In effect from our point of view the English law is pretty "messy" (different is the right term though ;)).. and I suppose in Australia the law is based on the English one, isn't it? So basically no big codes in the background, trying to describe everything?

lol, english law is a bit messy, but it does work. Although we have two different systems running (which can at times be bloody confusing!).....Common Law and Equity. In the event of a conflict between the two Equity prevails. In pratice, it makes little difference, but there are ways it can be exploited! :wink: Also our law is getting even worse with our slow intergration with the EU.

On the issue of LHD cars, in England there are no problems. Do you know what the law would say about a car like the Mclaren?? i.e in the middle??

stradale
11-01-2003, 07:09 AM
I know very little about English law, as I remember it Common Law is law by rulings of the courts, right? Is Equity the laws and regulations that have been issued by the government?

Implementing EU legislation in national laws can be a problem. I guess it's even harder with a system like you have in the UK. Most of the other European countries have laws based on Roman and French law, so the EU legislation is probably better suited to that.

jon_s
11-01-2003, 10:06 AM
The relationship between EU law and UK law is getting better. Our courts go out of their way to avoid any conflict. The was an issue a while ago, in which an Act was made which directly (and intentionally) conflicted with EU law. Put simply, it tried to stop Spanish fishermen from living/fishing in our waters, as they were fishing in massive boats, and took a large bulk of our fishing quota. Anyway, this went through the courts, and was eventually was overturned as it was against the EU legislation of freedom of movement.

The 1998 Human Rights Act, is quite interesting, as there is a clause in it which states that all new Acts must be made in light of the HRA, so it is very, if not impossible to get round it (not that we would want to!). Slowly out law is comming in line with the EU.

As for Equity, the courts can enforce equity. It has distinctive remedies: Injunctions/ Specific Performance/ Rescission and retification!! The most obvious is the injunction. If you ever hear of an injunction it was enforced through equity. The main aim of equity is to fill in the gaps of common law. The best way of showing this is through an example:

Imagine that during WWI you had a house and a child (Tom), but no wife. Then you were called up to go and fight. So you left your house in Trust to your best mate Ben. unfortunately, you die, but it does not matter (lol) as you know that Tom will get the house. This is where Common Law and Equity differ....In common Law, you have given the LEGAL title to Ben, as a result he can do what he wants with the house. He does not even has to give it to Tom!! That is the Common Law stance........Equity is different, in this situation, Ben still has the legal rights, but Ben has the Equitable rights. This means that Ben has to pass the House onto Tom. So you can see where there is a difference! In this situation, equity prevails over common law and Ben gets the house basically!! (p.s this is a really basic example, and it gets a lot more complex lol!)

Hope that clears it up a bit! If you have any more questions send me a PM and I will gladly answer them for you, as I don't want to take over this thread! :D

stradale
11-03-2003, 06:04 AM
It is still confusing. It's so fundamentally different from our legal system. I hadn't even heard of Equity before. I looked up some things about it and together with your explanation it made it a bit more clear. But I'll leave English law to the experts!
Also legal English is not my strong point. Chatting like this it's alright, but most legal terms I don't know. It's a shame the university hasn't got it in the curriculum.

I still have a question about Equity. I'll send you a PM then.

cho_888
11-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Jabba how much does the converstion cost? this why we cant have enzos on our roads cause nobody is game to do teh enzo. Nobody is game, has the money are the equipment! Thats one gay law!

ducati998
11-14-2003, 08:54 AM
really late in piece here guys but you could have told that that wasn't jabba's car i the photo cos it is in australia. note the two holden commodores in the back ground, one with the distinct tiger orange. unless of course jabba shipped it over here for a little while and managed to crash on our american roads!

adlinyusman
11-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah in malaysia you can drive left hand drive cars (but you need a sticker to warn someone in the back that you're driving a left hand drive car.) I have a picture i'd like to upload of a Malaysian Enzo..but i don't know how to.

cho_888
11-21-2003, 01:03 AM
really late in piece here guys but you could have told that that wasn't jabba's car i the photo cos it is in australia. note the two holden commodores in the back ground, one with the distinct tiger orange. unless of course jabba shipped it over here for a little while and managed to crash on our american roads!

We already established that because it is wonrg hand drive. :P
but yes very good eye ducati998