PDA

View Full Version : Question about Half Life 2

Toronto
11-23-2004, 07:12 PM
I heard that the producers of the game, put it out of suprnova on their own tracker.

and everyones IP that is on it is going to get charged.

Now I didn't download it, I never liked that game
but This got me thinking, if it works for them, then will other companies do the same?

anyone else heard this?

abbor
11-23-2004, 07:14 PM
I very much doubt it can happen to everyone, but maybe in the US...

The legal system here wouldn't allow it I think.

Toronto
11-23-2004, 07:22 PM
^^^ nor in canada, the government says it is entrapment

jamberl
11-23-2004, 09:07 PM
I doubt that is true. So many people are gonna buy this game anyway, it probably doesnt matter how many people pirate it.

DeMoN
11-24-2004, 01:13 AM
I doubt it will happen for others. The problem was that hackers stole the CODE for the game. Having the code enables them to creat hax faster. Besides that, by seeing the code, other companies can take "ideas" and implement them to their games. Valve is a little upset with the source code being stolen so that is why they are going through so much trouble. They want to find the people who stole the code i guess.

jamberl
11-24-2004, 02:01 AM
I doubt it will happen for others. The problem was that hackers stole the CODE for the game. Having the code enables them to creat hax faster. Besides that, by seeing the code, other companies can take "ideas" and implement them to their games. Valve is a little upset with the source code being stolen so that is why they are going through so much trouble. They want to find the people who stole the code i guess.

They did find who stole the code. The hacker sent valve an email to gloat, and valve replied, saying 'wow, you obviously know your stuff, why dont you come work for us?"

The hacker was arrested when he arrived at the airport :lol: :lol:

stracing
11-24-2004, 02:06 AM
so smart but so dumb at the same time