PDA

View Full Version : Battery Sports car?? YEP!

Anile8er
10-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Called the Tzero

http://www.acpropulsion.com/tzero_pages/tzero_home.htm

kinda ugly but very quick for what it is

Kangaroo Boy
10-07-2003, 08:16 AM
I hate Electric cars....And always will :twisted: 8)

gmd97
10-13-2003, 09:31 PM
i too would also much prefer a gas car, or even a hydrogen car over an electric car, at least it shows there will still be high performance cars once the oil runs out.

KaBlookie
10-13-2003, 10:57 PM
it's a pretty ugly car, but i think they definitely deserve a "congrats" for doing what they did, cause that IS the fastest electric car that someone can just buy and drive.

as for when oil runs out, it'll just be hydrogen, hybrid (hydrogen-electric), and electric, instead of gas, hybrid (gas-electric), and electric. Hydrogen-powered cars are almost, if not just as powerful as gas, and there are no harmful emissions to worry about. The only deterring factor to hydrogen-powered cars is the expensive "fuel" tanks and making hydrogen stations.

tkach
10-14-2003, 04:22 AM
hahah its eletric its gay looking and faster then 95% of the civics you will ever see in your life hhahha love it.

stracing
10-14-2003, 05:40 AM
all cars should be electric and save the oil for performance cars

i think it was toyota who added some engine noise to their electric cars just to let you know its actually running :roll:

cho_888
10-14-2003, 07:25 AM
very fast indeed, i wonder what it would sound like. it would just hum,

KaBlookie
10-14-2003, 09:50 AM
does anyone know what they did for gears? i'd assume it's a bit harder for an electric motor to change RPMs than it is for combustion engines... i'm thinking some sort of CVT arrangement would be best.

gmd97
10-19-2003, 02:43 AM
i dont think electric cars need gears. something to do with the way electric motors produce their power.

DeMoN
10-19-2003, 03:24 AM
Electri means the sound is lost. Nothing can replace a ture motor.

cho_888
10-19-2003, 03:26 AM
yes my point exactly. I know of a lot of people that will be very dissapointed when or if the internal combustion engine in lost.

gmd97
10-19-2003, 05:17 AM
but although BMW are researching hydrogen for use in internal combustion engines, most car companies are developing hydrogen fuel cells to charge batteries for electric motors, meaning the sound will be gone, and it might as well be just an electric motor.

though i cant see porsche, ferrari etc using electric engines in their cars anywhere in the near future.

cho_888
10-19-2003, 05:22 AM
yeah and i can see in teh next couple of hundred years that petrol car will become illigal so they may have to unless they wont to make lightening fast museum workds of art.

SFDMALEX
10-19-2003, 12:02 PM
[quote="stracing"]all cars should be electric and save the oil for performance carsquote]

You are so right. All cars should be electric and OIL should be kept for motorsports and Ferrari's.

alondahan
10-19-2003, 04:14 PM
[quote=stracing]all cars should be electric and save the oil for performance carsquote]

You are so right. All cars should be electric and OIL should be kept for motorsports and Ferrari's.

I agree that oil should be saved for performance cars, but there's a different solution for regular cars - biodiesel.
it's much better in terms of performance and useability than electric motors withe their limited power and range, and biodiesel (diesel made from natural oil) is an unlimited and cheap resource.

BADMIHAI
10-19-2003, 04:28 PM
I posted this on RacingFlix about.....6 months ago. The site has (or used to have) vids of the TZero. It also has a vid of it beating the fuck out of a C4 Vette in a drag race!