PDA

View Full Version : Racing Elise Vs Street Corvette *Track video*

Nemisis8u
10-03-2003, 11:34 PM
I found this video very interesting to watch. It definitely gets better towards the end. The video is just under 40 Megs. So it is quite big. But I find that it is worth the download. One more thing, I DONT WANT ANY FLAME WARS you guys already had eleventy billon discussions on that. If you don’t have something good to say don’t say any thing at all Video (http://www.smudo.com/smudo/bigdata/elise_vs_corvette.mpg)

Edit: what is the difference between this forum and Picture Audio And Video Requests / Offers? Where does this video fit in?

AlienDB7
10-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Edit: what is the difference between this forum and Picture Audio And Video Requests / Offers? Where does this video fit in?
I think this section is for linking to other sites (not your own rip or webspace) and the video reqs/offers section is for your own rip or your own webspace. TT/Jabba, correct me if I'm wrong.

stracing
10-04-2003, 01:40 AM
i love that video. i love showing to ppl who thinks power is everything. a car with better handling and being able to brake better with its light weight shell is just as good as a car with plenty of grunt. i remember a dickhead on another forum saying that having better brakes is another ricer excuse. well i'm sorry but you saw how much ground can be made under brakes.

Chingachgook
10-04-2003, 09:26 AM
I love every Nurburgring video, and this one in particular shows how the chassis of a car is important. To go fast isn't necessary a big, powerful engine, but also with 200hp and 600kg ou can govery very fast! :wink:

fedezyl
10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
I saw the vid, really cool, but it seemed like the guy in the elise wasn't really pushing it! like he never got it to redline or anything...and wasn't cornering very hard either...

SFDMALEX
10-04-2003, 02:43 PM
I saw the vid, really cool, but it seemed like the guy in the elise wasn't really pushing it! like he never got it to redline or anything...and wasn't cornering very hard either...

True. He was also breaking very early. I could see the vette being pushed when the back stepped out. Funny to see a little sports car beat on the best out of US.

BTW Thats not an Elise or a "Racing Elise" thats an Exige. At least thats what it looks like.

Nemisis8u
10-04-2003, 02:58 PM
I think that it was a fair game. Wtf is the point of trying to loose? This time the Vette came out on top IMO. But it is not to say that the Lotus is a bad car. I hope they will bring it to US and Canada. Just so it will shut up the S2000 fans.

666fast
10-04-2003, 03:07 PM
I think that it was a fair game. Wtf is the point of trying to loose? This time the Vette came out on top IMO. But it is not to say that the Lotus is a bad car. I hope they will bring it to US and Canada. Just so it will shut up the S2000 fans.

It's gonna be sold here next year with a Toyota Engine.

Nemisis8u
10-04-2003, 03:14 PM

It's gonna be sold here next year with a Toyota Engine.

Cool, I remeber hearing that it is coming but was not sure. Is it going to have the Celica engine?

dis3as3d
10-04-2003, 10:20 PM
No flame war :(, I love to http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/z.gif

Hehe im j/k its an awsome video I love corvettes :D.

stracing
10-04-2003, 11:20 PM

yea with soften suspension, aircon, carpet etc.
just so it will make americans happy. i thought asses in america were fat enough, isn't that enough suspension? :P

maybe you'll need to goto europe to get the true feeling of the elise.