PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Enzo (lap time spoiler)

amanthapar
11-01-2004, 08:56 PM
as most of u guys have seen the latest top gear laptime of 1.19:00
by the enzo ferrari makes me love it even more.

Suckers to all you who thought the carrrera gt could beat that time.

JoeHahn
11-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Funny how some Enzo lovers were writing off its chances before it had even done the lap. Calling it a shitty track and not genuine and such. Lets wait til Auto Motor get one for the Nurburgring, Porsche will have the last laugh.

skituner
11-01-2004, 11:10 PM
its a very impresive time
but you have to take into acount that it uses the pussy flapy paddle gear box athought i still sure i would have beat the cgt's time i just like the porsche bettter

BADMIHAI
11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
I thought it was already obvious: Enzo>CGT. :roll: Bang for buck, CGT>Enzo. :|

SilviaEvo
11-01-2004, 11:47 PM
but you have to take into acount that it uses the pussy flapy paddle gear box athought i still sure i would have beat the cgt's time i just like the porsche bettter
me and my friend had a discussion about this we came to the conclusion cars with a manual seem more proper but paddle shifts are more user friendly and its for the track! i mean think about it 360 CS is a track car as is the Enzo but the CGT is a pussy convertable

nurbrun
11-02-2004, 12:25 AM
me and my friend had a discussion about this we came to the conclusion cars with a manual seem more proper but paddle shifts are more user friendly and its for the track! i mean think about it 360 CS is a track car as is the Enzo but the CGT is a pussy convertable

i wouldnt quite call a Carrera GT a pussy......

black_magician
11-02-2004, 12:30 AM
i wouldnt quite call a Carrera GT a pussy......

agreed :)

bmagni
11-02-2004, 12:32 AM
i must say im really amazed by the lap time... and judging by the enzos time i can say the cgt can be faster than it was.... i mean a gap of just .1 between the cgt and slr and the cgt proving to be much faster than it around a track. it makes me doubt if its really the best the cgt can do... not going under 1.19 but gettin more to the lower 19's i think is possible... yet the enzo rocks baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tata1234
11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
I can't understand why some people can't admit that the Enzo is faster than the Carrera GT, that doesn't mean that the Carrera GT is a bad car and remember the Enzo is more or less 25% more expensive.
I would choose the Carrera GT over a Enzo, even knowing that it's slightly slower.

adamk24
11-02-2004, 01:47 AM
This is just me, but I love the sound, looks and gearbox of a CGT. In fact, other than the frenetic handling charicteristic of the CGT (which is very similiar to early porsche 911's), I love every last little deatail of the CGT. The way the engine sits, the ride of the car, the pure joy I get just from looking at it.
I love the enzo.... I love the power, the agility and the seats (which are bounds above the CGT) The ride is good (for a super car), the styling, which I didnt like at first, has grown to become one of my favorite looking cars, mainly the back end. Everything is great!
But given the choice of only one.... even I have a hard time saying it. I really really really like the ferrari........ But I fell in love with the porsche. Its like the cute girl at starbucks vs the girl that took your breath away the first time you saw her. You can grow to love the the cutie, and she is probly a better girl friend. But I would never lust after Enzo with the same passion that I have for the porsche. :)

bmwmpower
11-02-2004, 02:45 AM
but Enzo look great in studio,i never like his design, but F40 and near Enzo, I change mine mind,
looks great round the testtrack, very fast,

numerouno
11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Glad to see that the mighty Enzo kept all the Tifosi proud as usual! 8)

noosee
11-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Is far as I remember Stig was not able to drive CGT fast as it was tricky on the limit. No such thing was told about Enzo. And we all know that Enzo is faster on the straight and CGT in the corners & TG track doesn't have many corners

cooperluke
11-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Quite amazed me....

But I think I'll wait to see on other tracks and hear the pros opinios before I take any type of judgement.

:)

callen
11-02-2004, 11:07 AM
No suprises here....That enzo did an absolutely FLYING lap! i was gettin chills watching it , specially thru the flat out corner, did u see the displaced air shake those tires??

"the king is dead....long live the king!" :D

Akmon
11-02-2004, 12:36 PM
My opinion is that the Enzo looks ugly,it's just a formula 1 car,masked in a street car,at least I cannot get it's charm.

Wutputt
11-02-2004, 01:34 PM
I was surprised the Enzo has beaten the CGT. I thought the Enzo would be slower since it's more suited for highspeed tracks with long corners. The TG track doesn't have a lot of really fast sections, it has more twisty corners.

But we don't know if the circumstances (temperature, humidity, wind speed, etc.) were the same when the Stig tested the CGT and when he tested the Enzo. I think both are very close to each other. And on one track the Enzo beats the CGT (mostly high speed tracks with some longer corners) and the CGT beats the Enzo on other tracks (more twisty ones).

Jabba
11-02-2004, 01:40 PM
,it's just a formula 1 car,masked in a street car

Yeh....I would hate to own a car like that...imagine how horrible it must be knowing that you can blitz anything on the road :P

nejcdolinsek
11-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Funny how some Enzo lovers were writing off its chances before it had even done the lap. Calling it a shitty track and not genuine and such. Lets wait til Auto Motor get one for the Nurburgring, Porsche will have the last laugh.

Well considering that the CGT was developed there, I wouldn't be surprised :roll:
[
quote]
Bang for buck, CGT>Enzo.
[/quote]

There's no such thing as "bang for the buck" when it comes to cars over €150000, let alone something over half a million €€...

RC45
11-02-2004, 02:25 PM
I view the CGT vs the Enzo debate exactly the same way I do the F40 vs 959 debate.

No doubt that the 959 is a worthy opponent of the F40 - but it is just so Bavarianly BORING and BLAND.... :)

And there is no doubt the CGT is a worthy opponent of the Enzo - but, again - the engineers were all drunk on Pilsner and Bratwurst when they designed it - it is so Bavarianly BORING and BLAND... :)

When are the Germans going to learn that clinical is NOT always better... :)

My choice is still F40 first though - always has been and always will be.

stradale
11-02-2004, 03:33 PM
^^^ Then you'll like what "the guy with the Kevin Keegan wig" has been saying last sunday... :wink:

Max Power
11-02-2004, 03:48 PM
somehow Top Gear seems like it ran out of ideas......lost a bit of its originality......and these useless guests part is crap.......apart from that, nothing is even close to rival it.....I could be wrong and this is just the beginning
.......too bad there was no F50, oh and the enzo...HUGE

bmwmpower
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
.......too bad there was no F50

yes, in Evo F50 beat Enzo,F40 and 288 GTO

RC45
11-02-2004, 05:30 PM
^^^ Then you'll like what "the guy with the Kevin Keegan wig" has been saying last sunday... :wink:

Whoa... :shock:

I will have to think carefully about this one... so the goofy walking gorilla with the Kevin Keegan hairdo likes the F40 over the Enzo?

Well - I have loved the F40 since I first saw it in 1987 and then experienced it in 1989 - but I would almost rather bugger myself with a splintered fencepost, than share views with the "Mop Topped One".. ;) :lol: :P

5vz-fe
11-02-2004, 08:20 PM
F40 have been a big icon and I bet it has/had been most car enthuiast dream car.

some how I do agree on clarkson's comments, that it has a nicer shape then the enzo. Enzo's shape is almost for pure functionalilty. So it is a functionality induced beauty. Where as the F40 is beauty with a fair bit of functionality.

Supercars these days are getting easier and easier to drive (of course I haven't got the luck or money to actually drive one..but ...that's my preception) F40 IS the go kart of Ferrari given its weight and minimal electronics.

As said in the Topgear page, I feel sad that Top gear didn't do a laptime of the F40. It would mean soooo much to me. (wonder will they repeat what they did on the CL65...)

BADMIHAI
11-02-2004, 08:23 PM
it is so Bavarianly BORING and BLAND

It's almost as boring at a Corvette. LMFAO :twisted:

However, I must agree with you on the F40. "A go-kart with a twin turbo V8 at the back. " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jamberl
11-02-2004, 08:41 PM
But we don't know if the circumstances (temperature, humidity, wind speed, etc.) were the same when the Stig tested the CGT and when he tested the Enzo. I think both are very close to each other. And on one track the Enzo beats the CGT (mostly high speed tracks with some longer corners) and the CGT beats the Enzo on other tracks (more twisty ones).

Yeah Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned more. Cant temperature, etc have a big effect on lap time? The only way to be sure of which is faster (considering the miniscule gap) would be to lap them on the same day, surely???

sentra_dude
11-02-2004, 09:59 PM
What was up with the 'F60'...its the Enzo to the best of my knowledge, and it never had the title of F60...right?

I wish they had more footage of the other cars...maybe make that episode into a DVD and show us some more of the McLaren F1! 8) It must be hard to get all those cars...I think they deserve more than just a few seconds of air time!

RC45
11-02-2004, 10:29 PM
It's the F60 - whether the factory admits it or not... :P

is64fun
11-03-2004, 05:14 AM
the circuit which topgear; it is not a proper race circuit anyway. it has (how many chicago, hammer head, follow though and what?) less than 6 corners.) it does not give a winner anyway. take them to belgium fra-cor circuit which is accepted as the best circuit in f1. test them there and decide the winner. i think cgt>>enzo anyway

numerouno
11-03-2004, 05:59 AM
My opinion is that the Enzo looks ugly,it's just a formula 1 car,masked in a street car,at least I cannot get it's charm...

and that makes it boring to you??? :o

Wutputt
11-03-2004, 02:21 PM
take them to belgium fra-cor circuit which is accepted as the best circuit in f1. test them there and decide the winner. i think cgt>>enzo anyway
I personally think the Enzo would be faster in Spa, since it's a fast track with a lot of fast long corners. In my opinion, the Enzo is more suited for a track like that. Also to have a good topspeed at the straight of Kemmel, you have to go as fast (and smooth) as possible through Eau Rouge. A huge amount of downforce is very welcome here. Doesn't the Enzo create a little bit more downforce at high speeds as the CGT? Take them both to the Nordschleife and the CGT would beat the Enzo.

Ian_yamaue
11-03-2004, 02:45 PM
as most of u guys have seen the latest top gear laptime of 1.19:00
by the enzo ferrari makes me love it even more.

Suckers to all you who thought the carrrera gt could beat that time.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :D :D :D
Wuhuuuu!!!!
8)

nejcdolinsek
11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
take them to belgium fra-cor circuit which is accepted as the best circuit in f1. test them there and decide the winner. i think cgt>>enzo anyway
I personally think the Enzo would be faster in Spa, since it's a fast track with a lot of fast long corners. In my opinion, the Enzo is more suited for a track like that. Also to have a good topspeed at the straight of Kemmel, you have to go as fast (and smooth) as possible through Eau Rouge. A huge amount of downforce is very welcome here. Doesn't the Enzo create a little bit more downforce at high speeds as the CGT? Take them both to the Nordschleife and the CGT would beat the Enzo.

I don't think the Enzo has a little more downforce than the CGT... it has shitloads more! The Enzo creates over 750 kg of downforce at 300km/h.

And yes, Spa would definetely suit the Enzo better than the CGT

dons5
11-03-2004, 10:39 PM
oh it would defenetley suit the Enzo more in my oppinion,

2nd) i cant stand all this nurburgring this nurburgirn that crap, the track is sooo long that u cant compare lap times cause there so much room for error/improvements from corner to corner and straight to straight and i would never look at a nurburgring lap unless the guy did like at least 10 flying laps around there in a row and knew the car really well and was a super driver

and 3rd) no u could be wrong about the Enzo being the F60 i think 2007 marks 60 years of Ferrari and rumours are that F60 might be out in 2008

Gilles27
11-04-2004, 11:41 AM
oh it would defenetley suit the Enzo more in my oppinion,

2nd) i cant stand all this nurburgring this nurburgirn that crap, the track is sooo long that u cant compare lap times cause there so much room for error/improvements from corner to corner and straight to straight and i would never look at a nurburgring lap unless the guy did like at least 10 flying laps around there in a row and knew the car really well and was a super driver

and 3rd) no u could be wrong about the Enzo being the F60 i think 2007 marks 60 years of Ferrari and rumours are that F60 might be out in 2008

Well say! as could be Walter Rorh the Porsche´s ace test driver.

frozzu
11-04-2004, 12:10 PM
That was the best top gear episode I've seen in a while. I actually found myself breathless when watching this. I really wasn't breathing at a time :). It was that good. Thumbs up.

mclaren_Gt
11-04-2004, 03:47 PM
really nice, i very happy with this time , the enzO its 1 second faster than cgt, in 1 lap, but im question, what is the lap time of the Mclaren F1, or Jaguar Xj220?? i hope one day this cars enter to the competition :D

dons5
11-04-2004, 07:28 PM
yes ive never had the hairs stand up and that tingling feeling as much as i did on this episode of top gear especially when he was describing how the Enzo was the new benchmark and comparing it with things like david - Schumi etc, and same with the Enzo lap time, i was getting nervous and then when he said 1 19 flat i was punching the air and going crazy as if Schumi just made a crazy pass on someone for the lead on the last lap lol

m3mys3lf4ndi
11-04-2004, 08:10 PM
yes ive never had the hairs stand up and that tingling feeling as much as i did on this episode of top gear especially when he was describing how the Enzo was the new benchmark and comparing it with things like david - Schumi etc

true ;)

HoboPie
11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
yes ive never had the hairs stand up and that tingling feeling as much as i did on this episode of top gear especially when he was describing how the Enzo was the new benchmark and comparing it with things like david - Schumi etc, and same with the Enzo lap time, i was getting nervous and then when he said 1 19 flat i was punching the air and going crazy as if Schumi just made a crazy pass on someone for the lead on the last lap lol

That is eerily similar to my experience. I actually did a toned down version when I first found out about the Enzo being tested.

dons5
11-05-2004, 12:37 AM
lol hey what can i say i guess we absolutely love Ferrari

dons5
11-05-2004, 12:43 AM
u know what im really disapointed and surprised they didnt give us lap times of xj220, F40, Mac F1 etc either obviosuly they would be slower but were all really curious to what they get