PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Tomahawk for sale

AlienDB7
10-01-2003, 03:06 AM
http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosinsider/0310/01/c01-285894.htm

666fast
10-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Some people hae too much money and too little brains. That thing is utterly useless.

novass
10-01-2003, 03:50 AM
i like the fact they decided to build it just to see if it was possible, it would make a nice art piece, but i think thats about it

Vansquish
10-01-2003, 03:50 PM
It was a ridiculous concept anyway, come now...8 liters of V10 as a motorcycle engine? Besides which, it's got 4 wheels!!! I don't know, just seems a little too far fetched to be of any real concern.

Chaos in 1983!
10-23-2003, 01:55 AM
I've read it's insanely fast though, anyone knows the numbers?

BADMIHAI
10-23-2003, 09:46 AM
well since it has a Viper engine it has around 500 hp. It ca't be slow. Just look at those 500 hp Turbo Hayabusas! They're insanely fast! This might be a little slower. It is probabily next to impossible to ride....
If I had 500G, I'd buy a Ferrari.

gmd97
10-24-2003, 04:57 AM
its not even a motorbike anymore though. as soon as they put 4 wheels on it, it became a car with handlebars. i dont imagine it would handle well at all with the wheels that close together, and its not able to lean around corners like all bikes want to do. try turning even a pushbike without leaning at all.

still, a nice idea

altezza
10-24-2003, 05:05 AM
DODGE TOMAHAWK GOES INTO PRODUCTION

The most talked-about concept vehicle, revealed by the Chrysler Group at the 2003 North American International Auto Show, goes into production this autumn.

DaimlerChrysler has commissioned a hand-built reproduction of the Viper-powered Dodge Tomahawk, the four-wheel, single-passenger vehicle that has captivated enthusiasts in the United States and internationally since its debut. The Tomahawk replica, sculpted out of aluminium around a 505 cubic inch, V-10 Dodge Viper engine with a potential speed of 420 miles per hour, will be sold through the prestigious Neiman Marcus Christmas book published this week.

The reproduction is priced at $555,000. The sleek, rolling sculpture combines art-deco styling with extreme engineering in a vehicle that has come to symbolise DaimlerChrysler's commitment to creativity and innovation.

"Tomahawk is a scintillating example of what creative minds can do when given the opportunity to run free. It is a pure mechanical sculpture and a joyous celebration of the artistry and emotion of design," said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Design, Chrysler Group.

The Tomahawk reproduction will be made by the firm that built the original as a piece of automotive sculpture. It is intended for display only; the reproduction will not be fully operational and cannot be legally operated on public roads.

In addition to the vehicle commissioned for Neiman Marcus, up to nine additional Tomahawk reproductions may be produced.

Picture 1 (http://www.uploadit.org/files/241003-3Cfs_34256chr-.jpg)

watching that "bike" doing wheelies would be fun, but i don't think we will have the chance to spot it running on public roads

Chaos in 1983!
10-24-2003, 02:28 PM
420mph!!!!! :shock: that's INSANE!!!! I expected it to be fast, but not this fast!!!