PDA

View Full Version : which car should i buy....???

st-anger
06-17-2003, 01:07 PM
what do you guys think???
i want a car to have some fun especially in summer, so it`ll be a cabrio/roadster or something like that.
i´ll not spend more than 50k€

thats the one i`d prefer:
http://www.bmw.at/bmwd/products/automobiles/z4/roadster/images/pic_cont_ausstattung.jpg

TT
06-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Z4 or Porsche Boxster all the way :)

If you want to save some money, a simple Miata..

And what about the Elise?

Or the new VX220 turbo (Speedster turbo)... it got marvellous reviews everywhere :)

Johns
06-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Audi Cabrio is nice :)

st-anger
06-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Elise and Speedster Turbo are nice but they`re too much a purist ride, i`m looking for a more decent car.
although i`m one of the biggest Porsche fans i simply don`t like the Boxter. i think it`s the one for people who want to drive Porsche but
don`t have the money for a real ( 996C, 996TT, GT2...) one.
btw, the Z4 blew the Boxter away in several comparisons.....
and doesn`t the Z4 look killa???

TT
06-17-2003, 03:03 PM
There are already some Z4 around here.. and I simply love it.. but always grey... I'd like to see a black one :D

Anyway, all the test I saw read, gave the final upper hand to the Boxster, but both car always get marbellous reviews.. you'd have to go for a test drive :)

st-anger
06-17-2003, 03:38 PM
in the test in "Sport Auto" the Z4 3.0 SMG got 43 points the Boxter only 36!
i already test drove both of them and a new Boxter S, but i`m not going to wait any longer because summer is nearly over :wink:
so i think i`ll buy whatever in the next few weeks...

SilviaS15Cwest
06-17-2003, 03:49 PM
You should test drive the S2000. Just an idea.

noosee
06-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Boxsters S is the best.
Or it is better to wait for new M roadster till next year.

TT
06-17-2003, 03:55 PM
in the test in "Sport Auto" the Z4 3.0 SMG got 43 points the Boxter only 36!
i already test drove both of them and a new Boxter S, but i`m not going to wait any longer because summer is nearly over :wink:
so i think i`ll buy whatever in the next few weeks...

But let us know! :)

BTW noosee, you sure the M Z4 is due next year? I'm not sure about it...

st-anger
06-17-2003, 04:12 PM
sorry Silvia, i prefer german cars and although the S2k is a nice ride with quite a lot potential it`s not my kind of car. noosee is right there`ll be a M-package for the Z4, not sure of any M engine but there`ll be the M sportskit with rims, aerodynamic package, sport suspension and sport exhaust. no confirmed dates for this because the production lines of the Z4 are too busy to install another component.
i`d love to have a Porsche and maybe sometime i`m gonna buy one but no Boxter even when it´s a S....
i`m going to post pics of it as soon as i get the new car, whatever it`ll be then...

maalox
06-17-2003, 05:57 PM
What about a lightly used M3 (hah if such a thing exists)? You'll be paying a premium right now since Z4's are apparently in demand (dunno why--they don't look so hot to me).

You could also take a look at a 350Z--you'd save some cash that you could spend on some trackdays/tires or whatever.

1zippo1
06-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Ok, well I think in your case, when you want a German car, the BMW Z4 is probably the only choice. Audi has the A4 cabrio, but that's more of a cruiser. Mercedes Cabrio's (SLK,CLK) are too expensive for what they offer. So you're only left with BMW.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good choice. It's maybe a bit overpriced but it is a very nice looking car. All car reviewers are very pleased with it so performance wise (certainly the 3liter version) it should be great. One of the setbacks: in one year they're will be a lot of these => not so exclusive anymore.

Were are you from and what kinda gearbox are you planning to take?
I think the car looks beautifull in grey, but as someone allready mentioned, everyone has got them in that colour. I would pick a blue or a black one.

Good luck with it! And be sure to post some picks of you car :wink:

possessed_beaver
06-18-2003, 01:43 AM
st-anger what u think of metelica's new cd?

SplitVision8
06-18-2003, 03:53 AM
looks like you already had your mind made up when you made the first post st-anger...i've only seen a couple z4's out on the road but they do look good

st-anger
06-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Z350...sorry no, M3 would be great but i don´t like the cabrio and i want one. 2.5 or 3.0...don`t really care about this, but although SMG surley would be nice i think i`ll take manual because thats what i like best.
i already test drove the 3.0 with SMG and yes it`s nice but i`m not keen on it.

the new MetallicA cd is...how can i say????
you know i`m a die hard fan from day one, spent all my money on their stuff when i was a kid, and now i probably have one of the biggest collections. so everybody likes the old stuff and of course Kill, Master, Ride, Black... are also my favourite albums, but on the other hand i really like Load/Reload. St-Anger is very new or different to me, of course i like it but all the way from Kill to Reload the albums sounded immediately like a MetallicA album, and i miss that with St-Anger. but maybe we all need some time to hear it through....and in august i`ll be at a live concert and i`m sure afer that there`ll be no worries...
btw what`s your opinion?????

skelter
06-18-2003, 12:15 PM
I'd take the Z4 over the boxster any day.

yunet
06-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Take the Porsche Boxster!!! If it's in ur budget!!

st-anger
06-18-2003, 01:11 PM
the buget isn`t really the problem, but as i said before i think the Boxter is the Porsche for people who don`t have the money for a real one...

TT
06-18-2003, 01:16 PM
the buget isn`t really the problem, but as i said before i think the Boxter is the Porsche for people who don`t have the money for a real one...

I thought the same at the beginning, but with the time, now I think the Boxster is the best Porsche without a roof, to have fun with, during summer :)

But I can understand what you mean and there is plenty of ppl buying a Boxster just to be able to say they're driving a Porsche...

st-anger
06-18-2003, 01:28 PM
you got the point TT.... :wink:
btw don`t you think the best Porsche for summer is the new 996TT cabrio :D

possessed_beaver
06-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Z350...sorry no, M3 would be great but i don´t like the cabrio and i want one. 2.5 or 3.0...don`t really care about this, but although SMG surley would be nice i think i`ll take manual because thats what i like best.
i already test drove the 3.0 with SMG and yes it`s nice but i`m not keen on it.

the new MetallicA cd is...how can i say????
you know i`m a die hard fan from day one, spent all my money on their stuff when i was a kid, and now i probably have one of the biggest collections. so everybody likes the old stuff and of course Kill, Master, Ride, Black... are also my favourite albums, but on the other hand i really like Load/Reload. St-Anger is very new or different to me, of course i like it but all the way from Kill to Reload the albums sounded immediately like a MetallicA album, and i miss that with St-Anger. but maybe we all need some time to hear it through....and in august i`ll be at a live concert and i`m sure afer that there`ll be no worries...
btw what`s your opinion?????

i hated it, it was boaring. i have only listened 2 it.
but i like the st. anger song and film clip

yugo
06-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Mazda RX8
Honda S2000
Nissan 350Z
BMW 330 CI
Renault Clio V6
Audi TT 3.2 quattro
Porsche Boxster S
BMW Z4 3.0i
Mercedes SLK 320
Alfa Romeo GTV 30 V6

Jabba
06-18-2003, 05:50 PM
yugo...I need the use of the Hubble Space Telescope to see your avatar...you can go upto 120x120 pixels on here :D

WhiteP
06-24-2003, 02:02 AM
Elise/Boxster/Mr2

Midships

scubywrxr
06-26-2003, 07:41 PM
A porsche boxster S with the RUF engine upgrade and GT3 aero kit is a beast to drive (I have killed it on GT3 on the PS2 :P ) that will set u aprt from the badge posers

st-anger
07-02-2003, 01:18 PM
fuck it, my dealer promised me that i can pick up my Z4 in a couple of weeks and today i got a call that all Z4`s that are available around here are sold or whatever.... :x
so he told me that it seems like i`ve to wait untill august, but i`m not sure that i`m gonna buy it then because in august it`s nearly fall or winter here in austria, so not that good weather conditions for a roadster....
so i´m really pissed off today, tomorrow, that week, next week.......

1zippo1
07-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Yep, I can understand that. Pitty, would have been a great summer, cruising around with your Z4...

Well they really are very popular and this often happens in that kinda situation, you can still try and find a nearly new one. I've seen one at a second hand dealer 5 kilometers away from my home.

st-anger
07-02-2003, 03:04 PM
yep that would be no problem, finding another BMW dealer, but i`d like to have it from "my" dealer here in my town, because i bought every BMW there. ( so i can expect some advantages from them.... )
it`d have been no problem for them if i`d have told them earlier, so that they ordered one for me, so it`s a little bit my fault too, and they are really sorry, but who cares I HAVE NO CAR FOR THE F***ING SUMMER!!!
my personal salesman told me he`d see if a Z4 is free anywhere so that they can take it and immediately sell it, because the waiting list for a Z4 seems to be quite long here.

i_hate_the_enzo
02-18-2004, 08:50 PM
try an S2000, sorry if someone else already said that, but i dont really read alot of the responses

DMbaseball1604
02-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah I agree with you on the boxter, don't get one of those...what about the new mercedes slk amg...those look REALLY nice, I dont know how much they are though... I take that back, its not much of a drivers car I guess but it looks good and its pretty fast...so I dunno maybe. Other than that I think your best bet is going to be with the Z4. If there were no buget limits I think I would have to go with the 996TT as well or maybe even the BMW Z8.

EDIT: I just realized that you posted this last July...whoops by now you are probably already looking for another car for this summer! But do let us know what you have decided on..

jpatino03
02-18-2004, 09:55 PM
St.Anger-is the 996TT convertible out of your budget..it sure doesn't seem like it :D

corvette97
02-18-2004, 11:22 PM
vx220 any day

gigdy
02-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Ok why was this post started again.

And the lotus 340r

rift321
02-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Why don't you just get an M3? It's not like you'd be settling.... and there are a rediculous number of Z4's here in rochester... too bad.

abarth
02-19-2004, 04:03 PM
if you want a german spyder pick up the TT 3.2 V6 DSG when it will come out next summer. or a alpina Z4 it's fabulous

gigdy
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
No newbies tryin to inflate their posts dont really care

zmydust823
03-01-2004, 02:29 AM
get a used porsche 993,...incredibly fast, and they maintain their value, the engines last forever, and they handle better than ferraris

st-anger
03-01-2004, 09:22 AM
.... :lol: already bought a E85 Z4 3.0....

but sure, 996TT convertible for this summer would be nice.... :D

Tomerville
03-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Is the VX220 Turbo available? If so, no questions asked...take...it. if not, the new Honda S2000 is much improved and has more torque lowerd down in RPM range. and VTECH :lol: and its like a go-kart! ive been in one, and it was...amazing, one of those "check your pants" situations know what im saying?

TT
03-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Is the VX220 Turbo available? If so, no questions asked...take...it. if not, the new Honda S2000 is much improved and has more torque lowerd down in RPM range. and VTECH :lol: and its like a go-kart! ive been in one, and it was...amazing, one of those "check your pants" situations know what im saying?

It is so hard to read the date of the first post and the last replies? st-anger bought a Z4 3.0 months ago!

kteo2003
03-02-2004, 11:43 AM
take the Z4 with the m-package that includes a mdifferential....

®™▪▪ÅчÑίÂ
03-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Well for me id go fo the Tvr Tuscan S, 390bhp, 0-60 4.2, top speed 195mph,
And i think you can take the roof off so it will become an open top roadster.
But for you i suggest a normal porshe 911

jj23
03-04-2004, 12:16 AM
I would probably go for the Z4. But don't count out the Audi 3.2 TT!! :D

TT
03-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Guys, I'm closing that since nobody seems able to understand that st-anger ALREADY GOT THE FUCKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!