PDA

View Full Version : Driving games - what do you use?

ARMAN
10-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Do you use wheel and pedals or keyboard? What are your experiences and which do you use/can suggest?

I use keyboard cause I dont have wheel and pedals and having them in the office is a bit strange even if I play sometimes after work.
In LiveForSpeed you can use mouse wich is weard but I can hold car on the road not like with keyboard where I oversteer all the time with RWD cars :?

Tege
10-21-2004, 08:59 AM
I use wheel of course. I got Logitech driving force pro & MS FF. I use the Logitech as a steering wheel and MS pedals for throttle & brake and Logitech's throttle as clutch. Works fine for me...

Flotch
10-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Live For Speed is a simulator => wheel is (should be) obligatory :wink: (but you can use your mouse or your keyboard, but it is less funny/realistic).
Flotch, addicted to LFS :mrgreen:

SKYLiNE_R33
10-21-2004, 12:33 PM
well.. I did use logitech momo force wheel combined with BRD speed7 pedals, but I just recently bought the logitech driving force pro wheel so now I'm using that instead combined with the BRD pedals :mrgreen:

dropot2
10-21-2004, 12:39 PM
I use the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP...I'm really happy with it. Very realistic

sameerrao
10-21-2004, 12:47 PM
For the PC - I use the MS Forcefeedback wheel. For the PS2 I use the normal gamepad :(

callen
10-21-2004, 01:27 PM
for PS2, I have a madcats wheel. it isnt very good, i find myself correcting my steering imput almost everytime, but one i dial it in, its not to bad! and for computer, I have the good old wingman, and oldie but a goodie 8)

DUNKiNUTS
10-21-2004, 02:01 PM
I will use a whell when they make one worth buying. :|

AlienDB7
10-21-2004, 11:25 PM
I use MS sidewinder FF. Wish there're FF pedals, hard to drive properly without any feel from the pedals.

SilviaEvo
10-22-2004, 12:21 AM
i dont have one. what is a good one to use that is cheap?

redracer
10-22-2004, 01:34 AM
I use the Logitech Wingman FF GP and I love it to bits. I originally got it for that free game called Racer and have also used it on Toca Race Driver which is very good. I never used to think that a steering with pedals work that well until I got the Logitech, now I know what it's all about. :mrgreen:

ARMAN
10-22-2004, 03:16 AM
lots of driving games nuts I see, on the other side what should I wait on the biggest car fetish site :mrgreen:

redracer
10-22-2004, 03:47 AM
Do youself a favour and get a set, you won't regret it ! :lol:

ARMAN
10-22-2004, 06:20 AM
I use the Logitech Wingman FF GP and I love it to bits. I originally got it for that free game called Racer and have also used it on Toca Race Driver which is very good. I never used to think that a steering with pedals work that well until I got the Logitech, now I know what it's all about. :mrgreen:

Cheked Logitech Wingman FF GP (http://www.czechcomputer.cz/product.jsp?artno=21018)and its not that expensive around 67€

redracer
10-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Good stuff !! Also most driving games I have supports the Wingman FF, I have mine now for about a month and it has grown on me. Next step is to get another one and have a LAN game with some friends, we discussed doing a type of trial where you race a few laps and change with a team mate. Should be great fun.
Cheers :wink:

topgeartom
10-22-2004, 04:54 PM

that is scarily almost identical to me - same wheel - same reason for buying (Racer).....odd. :?

PaulGT2164
10-23-2004, 04:01 PM
i use a logitech momo force and love it, i like the feel and the wieght of the thing, i have had it for several months right now and had not had any problems and it has performed flawlessly in racer, GTR, NFS : Undreground, and live for speed

jamberl
10-24-2004, 06:40 PM
i use a logitech momo force and love it, i like the feel and the wieght of the thing, i have had it for several months right now and had not had any problems and it has performed flawlessly in racer, GTR, NFS : Undreground, and live for speed

Thats the same as what I use. Its a reasonable price and very good. Highly recommended.