PDA

View Full Version : what's the european equivalent of a ricer?

geekdiggy
09-30-2003, 03:05 AM
i know i've asked this before though i never got an answer. but we have to come up with a label for europe's street-demon wannabes. can't call em ricers cuz they driver french and british cars, so whats we's gonna calls em?

maybe a staple food that is common/synonymous for europe in general. like, crumpets or something.

i can just hear it

"fuck shit those god damn crumpeters :x "

TT
09-30-2003, 04:20 AM
No idea.. here the "ricers" are not seen like in US... not so many bad feeling toward them ;)
And BTW, we have our dose of "riced" Civics and co ;)

stracing
09-30-2003, 05:29 AM
the pasta boys!!!
and they turn up in their hotted up ferrari's

BADMIHAI
09-30-2003, 07:34 AM
the pasta boys!!!
and they turn up in their hotted up ferrari's

LMFAO! "They turn up in their slow POS Ferraris :)"
:multi: <-"Look at me and my car" Ricer Joe

:microwave: <-go in there, Ricer Joe! "

geekdiggy
09-30-2003, 07:06 PM
no i mean guys who drive european cars that they think are fast but are only pushing a WHOPPING 180 hp. the type who think their body kit means they can be an absolute star on the torque show. y'know. european slugs. CRUMPETERS!

btw, special thanks to the power tripping queerbucket who moved this (and not all the other car-related threads in the general chat) thread into this forum

TT
09-30-2003, 07:07 PM
no i mean guys who drive european cars that they think are fast but are only pushing a WHOPPING 180 hp

I don't want to be boring ;) but in Europe, usually, when your car push 180 horses (especially if it's an hatchback), you car IS fast!

geekdiggy
09-30-2003, 07:10 PM
you're kidding me right?

not if it's like a 4 door coupe. but still, imo (and many others) anything below 200hp deserves nothing more than a good laugh

TT
09-30-2003, 07:13 PM
What car do you drive dude?

Around here cars the usual car has less than 100 hp and is diesel powered...

in the small cars dept, the 150-200 hp range is super cool, and ok, there are many Imprezas an so on.. but when a guy dreams about a fast and affordable car, he thinks Renault Clio Williams or in modern days, Clio 172 or Mini Cooper...
Fuel is expensive, taxes and so on are.. and a small hatch or coupé with around 200 hp is a very desirable choice.. over 200 hp is already almost supercar ;)

stracing
09-30-2003, 09:42 PM
and roads in european cities are as tight as anal sex right? :wink: :wink:

dis3as3d
09-30-2003, 09:49 PM
and roads in european cities are as tight as anal sex right? :wink: :wink:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

jakaracman
10-01-2003, 03:32 AM
you're kidding me right?

not if it's like a 4 door coupe. but still, imo (and many others) anything below 200hp deserves nothing more than a good laugh
4-door coupe? If it's got 4 doors it's not a coupe ...

novass
10-01-2003, 04:01 AM
i dont mind ricers so much anymore simply because i enjoy fuckin with them. its great when you roll up next to one at a stoplight and they start talkin shit, light turns green you destroy them, wait for them to catch up, look over, smile, drop it a gear and take off on them again. of course they immediately start up with that "at least my car can turn fast" bs, to which i counter, but yours doesnt go straight for shit and im using a 40 year old car, which still looks like a car BTW and not a ghetto pimpin spaceship at a rave. it all in good fun, their money their choice.

gis
10-01-2003, 07:37 AM

in the small cars dept, the 150-200 hp range is super cool, and ok, there are many Imprezas an so on.. but when a guy dreams about a fast and affordable car, he thinks Renault Clio Williams or in modern days, Clio 172 or Mini Cooper...
Fuel is expensive, taxes and so on are.. and a small hatch or coupé with around 200 hp is a very desirable choice.. over 200 hp is already almost supercar ;)

i agree with u,that stands for the younger people like ourselves anyway.
if i was thinkin bout a quicker car,now,for my age and thinkin bout insurance,it would be a hatchback with around the 150-200hp area,that aint slow in a light car,and suites the UK roads a lot,200hp in a hatch isnt slow,for example,drove a renault 5 turbo with 200hp,u will know what i mean afterwards :wink:

Sinister Angel
10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Jesus christ

180 HP is slow? What do you do, keep it in 5th all the time?

My little 85 hp saturn can hang with an automatic 3.1 litre V6 untill about 80.
Power isn't really the issue, well, it is, but another big issue that affects this kind of thing is the gearing and how well you can drive the damn car. My uncle has had many a Bimmer, and the one thing he said about the 3 series is that they aren't neccisarilly powerful, but they have really good gearing on them which makes them quick.

fedezyl
10-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Have to agree with the gearing, it's what makes a car fast, torque at the wheels....

gmd97
10-03-2003, 09:05 PM
4-door coupe? If it's got 4 doors it's not a coupe ...

i think he means sedan or whatever, but the new cls is being called a 4 door coupe.

espen
10-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Ricers are ricers here too! We read the same mags n websites and watch the same tv shows as you do over here too ;)

Kangaroo Boy
10-07-2003, 07:00 AM

agree with u,that stands for the younger people like ourselves anyway.
if i was thinkin bout a quicker car,now,for my age and thinkin bout insurance,it would be a hatchback with around the 150-200hp area,that aint slow in a light car,and suites the UK roads a lot,200hp in a hatch isnt slow,for example,drove a renault 5 turbo with 200hp,u will know what i mean afterwards

I agree with both of you to.But Here its a bit different.
Most young people between 17-20 usually get 4 cyclindar to either to get around town in,and cheap on petrol because most young people can't afforded a V8 commodore or Falcon,or skyline GTS-T or whatever.
But what bugs me is,when people that are 20-30 that have Pulsars,lancers(non evo)mirages,protons, suzukis and Hondas. Do them up and spend heaps of money of looks,pay other people to do the work etc they think they are king shit.Most of these cars are standard as performance.But they have like 140hp-200hp with huge arse exhaust,wing and things and expensive ineterior and exterior..They sound like fart cans and the drivers have this attidude that they are fuckin awesome.I have nothing wrong with Saxo or cilo done up for real performance.But when people do them up just for looks and become arsewholes on the road, it shits me off.Nodays in Australia,people looked at Import car scene because its really trendy.Nothing wrong with that.But I reckon most people are not orginal now days.Everyone has to be trendy.No one looks outside the square.

gis
10-07-2003, 07:46 AM
well,im not a fan of huge wings (on FWD cars anyway) so no way will i do that.if the saxo had over 200hp,i would make sure you wouldnt know it,the only thing different looks wise would be the wheels.i mean obviously the exhaust wouls look different but people wouldnt expect the added extra in the enigne. :D

but yeah.its still the same here young lads think its cool to spend loads of money on havin a car with a huge ass wing,front bumper that looks like its one of those trucks that clears snow out of the road.i dont see the point personally