PDA

View Full Version : when did you see your first Lambo?

ZfrkS62
10-10-2004, 04:13 PM
I saw my first when i was 12 or 13 and just getting into cars. I don't remember what model it was.. i THINK it was a countach...might have been a Diablo. we were traveling on I-5 near Fort Lewis and it went scooting by 2 lanes over doing about 85-90. I watched it as long as i could before it disappeared from view.

I haven't been the same since :D

666fast
10-10-2004, 05:06 PM
I was about 12, not entirely sure how old I was. It was at my uncles house, his neighbor has a Countach but always spends winter in Arizona. So my uncle keeps it safe in his garage for him.

SPEEDKILLAR
10-10-2004, 05:09 PM
I was about seven,on the highway with my dad, damn it schocked, I didn't know the name or what it was, but it looked different fom the rest, it had a silverpurple colour.

abbor
10-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I never even seen a Lambo: :(

ZfrkS62
10-10-2004, 05:12 PM
keep your eyes peeled abbor, one will roll through your field of vision soon enough :D

vexor
10-10-2004, 05:17 PM
First Lambo that I saw with my own eyes was when I was 15, my dad and I were looking for a parking spot at a local Starbucks and there it was in between two sedans, a red Lamborghini Diablo.

ZfrkS62
10-10-2004, 05:24 PM
lol..reminds me of the line in gone in 60 seconds about the three ferraris in front of the local starbucks :lol:

T-Bird
10-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I don't remember how old I was but I know I was pretty young and we went to the dealership when they first opened.

No.1
10-10-2004, 06:17 PM
A purple Countach (with the massive wing) blasting out of my school gates when i was about 10 8)

[EDIT] I hope this doesn't turn out to be a pics or STFU topic :wink:

ZfrkS62
10-10-2004, 06:19 PM
lol.. seeing as how digital cameras weren't out yet when most of us saw our first lambos...i think we can let it slide :wink:

mrzonda
10-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I saw two replica Lambos before I saw a real one. The two fakes were a red Countach with a Chevy small block, the other was a white replica diablo (I think this one was fake because the condition of the body was horrible, it had a cracked front splitter and a NASCAR sticker on it).

The real one though, was in a showroom. It was an early read Diablo, no rear wing. I don't think I'd ever seen rear tires that big in my life. :D

Chaos in 1983!
10-10-2004, 08:18 PM
I might have seen a countach when I was like 8 in Sweden...but that doesn't count since I can't really remember....

The first and only Lambo I've seen is a yellow Diablo blasting down a street in Rome, absolutely amazing, it was at night while walking around, I heard the thing from a distance and started to look around, and then BANG it rushed past the street...oh man what a sound...it was just a few seconds but man what a car!...it didn't even look real...so alien to the street...wow...sadly I couldn't take a pic of it...this was two years ago...

SilviaEvo
10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
I never even seen a Lambo:

i've never seen a Lambo either :cry: but ive seen a few Ferrari's which makes it all better :D

sameerrao
10-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I was about 12, not entirely sure how old I was. It was at my uncles house, his neighbor has a Countach but always spends winter in Arizona. So my uncle keeps it safe in his garage for him.

Were there Lambos back then .... Oops sorry about that ....I was going by the Papa Hemingway look mountain man in your avatar and didnt see oyur age :P

Anyway my first sighting was in the mid-80s in the Middle East - It was a Countach LP400S

nurbrun
10-10-2004, 11:12 PM
i was like ten and me and my dad were going to a hockey game. parked in this hotel was a white diablo. when the guy got out a knew it was a lambo because ive never seen doors like that.i remember asking my dad "why is his wife some much younger then he is...."

DeMoN
10-10-2004, 11:50 PM
cant remember age, prolly 13. What I really want to see though, is a Murcielago =)

oscargarza88
10-11-2004, 12:14 AM
mmm.. i think i was like 14 or 15 i saw a murcielago in a lot, but i dont remember alot about it it was orange. and about 2 weeks ago i saw a parked a gallardo. it was far so i idnt see alot of details. but i really want to see a diablo, more than a murcielago

666fast
10-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Were there Lambos back then .... Oops sorry about that ....I was going by the Papa Hemingway look mountain man in your avatar and didnt see oyur age

LOL, well, you've got 7 years on by the looks of it! :P

Mers
10-11-2004, 01:12 AM
When I was 7, I was at miami for 1 day during a disneyworld trip, and I saw an Orange SV..... i remember it until today... what a beautiful car....

Jabba
10-11-2004, 05:05 AM
When I was about 13 years old there was a garage at the end of the road where I went to school that had a jaw dropping red countach in the showroom. I remember fighting my way to the front of about 50 drooling friends to get a better look at it. WHAT AN AMAZING SITE....it was so damn RED like no other colour RED that I had ever seen before. I also remember how the whole garage window was covered with drool after everyone had pressed their faces up against the glass for the whole hour lunch break.

I always dreamt of owning that red countach from the day I saw it...I would even say that it probably changed my life forever...as my life was then geared towards trying to get one. Sadly I never did manage to get a countach...but then if I had got one...then the dream may have been ruined.

dingo
10-11-2004, 05:21 AM
The first I am aware of seeing was when I was about 14, in Switzerland, it was a white Countach. I did get one photo, but on a film camera. :(
The best I've seen though was the 40th Anniversary Murcielago a few weeks ago, the pics of which I posted here on JW. :wink:

SPEEDCORE
10-11-2004, 06:11 AM
I I cant remember....Prob like 7-8 I had a Lambo book when I was young soo Id look at that all the time, but I believe it was a Japha or one of those oldskool models. I have seen afew Countachs, lots and lots of Diablo's afew Murcielago's and afew Gallardo's(this is on road not car shows). Ohh I try n visit the local Lambo dealer on a monthly basis ;)

Seeing the 40th Anniversary in Melb during the GP this year has been my Lambo highlight, now I need to own one :D

stradale
10-11-2004, 09:39 AM
When I saw my first Lamborghini I was about 8 or 9 and I was already a big (well, not in body length obviously) fan of Lamborghini. It was at a car show where the former Lamborghini importer displayed a red Countach QV SV, a very special one, although not the prettiest Countach I ever saw. However, at the time I loved it to death and I stood there for a very long admiring the car. It blew me away and, like Jabba, I haven't been the same since. I tried to search for a picture of it on the net and the best (only one, actually) I could find is this.
http://pictures.autotrader.nl/PICTURES/NLDE/CARS/320x240/4817710774527320x240x1x0.jpg

The first time I saw a moving Lamborghini was at Italia a Zandvoort, an event for Italian cars. A Countach (again) wanted to leave the paddock to get out onto the track. However, there were masses of people walking through the paddock and earlier I had seen a Porsche 911 (what was it doing there in the first place?!) crawling through at walking speed. The Lambo obviously had much less trouble. As soon as it started up, revved the engine a couple of times and set itself in motion a corridor had opened up. Everyone had stepped aside immediately and looked in awe, and a bit of fear probably, as the Countach drove off.

Wonderful memories... :D

bmwmpower
10-13-2004, 06:57 AM
in 1993, diablo, black colour,

SPEEDCORE
10-13-2004, 08:53 AM
The first time I saw a moving Lamborghini was at Italia a Zandvoort, an event for Italian cars. A Countach (again) wanted to leave the paddock to get out onto the track. However, there were masses of people walking through the paddock and earlier I had seen a Porsche 911 (what was it doing there in the first place?!) crawling through at walking speed. The Lambo obviously had much less trouble. As soon as it started up, revved the engine a couple of times and set itself in motion a corridor had opened up. Everyone had stepped aside immediately and looked in awe, and a bit of fear probably, as the Countach drove off.

Wonderful memories... :D

Haha U jogged my memory thanx :D

The 1st Countach I saw was in Italy when I was about 10, we went to buy some farming supplies and the car dealer next door had one sitting there.

Ohh ohh I have sat in a Lambo tractor in italy as well :D

callen
10-13-2004, 09:06 AM
two years ago at the detroit auto show. first time on the street last year, a black murc. and then two weeks ago in yorkville i saw a diablo, and murc. those are the only sightings ive ever had.

saadie
10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
i saw my first lambo when i was like 8-9 ..... it was in the pics though ....
on 15th september 6 hours before my flight back home ... i went to the lambo showroom ..... 8) 8) 8)
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/7660/MewidMurcielago.th.jpg (http://img47.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img47&image=MewidMurcielago.jpg)

Fleischmann
10-13-2004, 10:39 AM
My first Lambo sighting was in London over 10 years ago. I must have been 5-6 at the time...a badass black Diablo parked in some sidestreet. I wasn't that much into cars back then, but I recognised the raging bull logo.

mclaren_Gt
10-13-2004, 10:44 AM
the first lambo i seen in a magazine, is 4 or 5 years,

in the street i look it , i was 12 - 13 years, and this is a countach yellow, and is the only i ever seen in my life, in person :(

Mopsdrops
10-13-2004, 11:00 AM
8 years, a Diablo SV '99 at the autosalon in Brussels. only 4-5 years ago it was. nice, it was yellow :P

Ian_yamaue
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
I saw in an Auto Show in my city. It was a Diablo SE30, I was about 15 years old and get stunned.

Evo
10-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Never meet your childhood dream car or person :mrgreen: ..

I saw my very first lambo when I was 16.. A blue Diablo..

Darkel
10-16-2004, 04:35 PM
I was about 7 years old and it was at the Geneva auto show but I saw the first on the road much later :|

Evo
10-17-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm just curious for those of you who say that you saw a lambo when you were 5 years old... How are you able to know...? All I remember is chocolate... :lol:

ferrari550
10-17-2004, 10:56 AM
The first lamborghini i saw was in London 5 years ago. It was night time and i was on a bus going to my hotel and i saw a white Diablo with red SV on the side. It was simply stunning, i will never forget it.

adamwich
10-17-2004, 11:40 AM
I can't remember the date, but the first lambo i saw was a blue diablo SV!

SPEED_DEMON82
10-17-2004, 01:31 PM
My first sighting was a of a Miura when i was 18 n had just got my drivers license here. was riding my bike n taking a turn on a bridge when a red coloured Miura passed me. Didnt know what it was then so rushed to my car crazy friend and decribed to him and asked him what it was. Damn it was so low. Was an amazing feel. Last year i saw a Countach at a Classic Car restores garage. I enter his garage door and the first thing i happen to see is the Countach all ready for a good paint job. Last i heard was that its all ready now. Recently came to know that a well known guy here who scares the hell out of the people on the roads here with his Ferrai 355 Spider and 360 Modena Spider just got himself a Mucirlago and another bought a Gallardo. Damn i cant wait to see them screaming down the streets here :D

MIHALS
10-21-2004, 05:22 PM
because in my country is VERY difficult to see just Boxster or another "cheaper" sportscar, I've seen my first lambo 3 years ago in England. And it was a 30th Aniversary Lambo :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/mihals/cars_I_saw/Lamborghini-Diablo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/mihals/cars_I_saw/Lamborghini-Diablo-30th-ann.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/mihals/cars_I_saw/Lamborghini-Diablo-drive-by.jpg

HeilSvenska
10-21-2004, 11:06 PM
When I was 14 I saw Diablos at a local autoshow. But the first time I saw a Lamborghini on the road was when I was at Las Vegas in the same year...I think. I was walking along the Strip and I heard a loud rumble that sounded like no other. Of course being a Lamborghini fan, I knew exactly what i was hearing, a Diablo. But it wasn't any Diablo. It was a silver SV. The driver revved engine on purpose and the noise was simply...OrGAsMic. I was soooo happy. Even it left my sight, I could hear it for blocks. Sadly, my cousin who also loves Diablos didn't get to see it because he was lazy and took a cab instead of walking.

My love for Lamborghinis started when I was like 5 and saw the Cannonball Run 2. The colour changing Countach was just stunning. Ever since I've been a Lamborghini fan. But i still don't like the Murcielago and the Gallardo.

DUNKiNUTS
10-21-2004, 11:43 PM
The first Lambo i saw was in grid lock in DC on the Beltway. It was a white Countach. only saw it for like 30 sec. but damn i loved it.

agllp
11-27-2004, 05:21 PM
The first time which I saw a diablo, went, so that it travels to Florida, single to see one of these, I went to a store of car-rent and the owner said to me the diablo was gone for 15 minutes ago, and that was not going to have none in one week, but ,then, a miracle, listens to a wonderful sound, V12 6,0 that in backward movement come to me a one yellow diablo. it takes 125 photos him, was a little while unforgettable moment

TT
11-27-2004, 07:59 PM
First time I saw a Lambo was in a travel to Italia that we did in High School in 1997. It was wonderful for me. I saw a black Countach at night and it was with its front lights up. The place where I enjoy this experience was in Montecatini, do you know this place? In general, there I saw very interesting cars, but The best, and the more impresive, the Countach. :mrgreen:

findleybeast
11-28-2004, 06:44 PM
First Lambo I saw was in Providence, Rhode Island during a river festival. It was a white diablo and was stuck in a gridlock of people. Definitely the best thing that happened at the festival.

dodo
01-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I saw my first when I was 16.
It was in the city centre of Frankfurt/Main in Germany: a darkblue Miura.
It had to stop at a red trafficlight in front of me... when it turned into green, he drove by. I had a camera in my backpack, but i was so amazed by that sound and I just forgot to take a picture.

There was another man standing next to me. We did not move until it was gone. It was my first and only Miura i saw so far... in public.

corvette97
01-02-2005, 12:26 PM
in paris 2 years ago, with countach, 2 block away from the opera :)

FoxFour
01-02-2005, 12:41 PM
The first one that I can remember was at a major SCCA race that was being held at Road Atlanta. There is a garage at the track that works on European exotics, there was an F-40 that was having it's engine rebuilt there, they had the engine on a hoist next to the car. Beautiful, anyways there was a black Diablo VT parked outside as well as a red Miura.

salegosse
01-02-2005, 12:46 PM
I saw my first one when i was maybe 6 or 7 years old, it was on highway between Menton and Monaco. It was a black Countach, the car was driving so fast that we never saw it again...

SilenCe
01-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I saw my first lambo when i was 11! I went to a carshow with my dad!

ikon2003
01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Geneva carshow when i was in elementary school. didn't take much notice of it then, oddly

:wink:

a007apl
01-13-2005, 07:36 AM
I`m never see one Lambo with my eyes in my life :cry:

SilenCe
01-13-2005, 08:29 AM
I`m never see one Lambo with my eyes in my life :cry:

Then you missed a lot. I fall in love with the VT when i saw it!

frozzu
01-13-2005, 09:31 AM
I've seen 2 lambos in my life. First was about 1,5years soon 2 years ago in a tuning car show. It was a yellow Lamborghini diablo VT Roadster. And last May I saw a yellow Gallardo in Stockholm when we visited it from school.

L140_L147
01-30-2005, 09:56 PM
first one i ever saw was about 4-5 years ago and was a white diablo . the guy who owned it owned a parts store(or visited it constantly ) near my house and everyday i would see him pass by and everyday i would flip out over that engine sound. since then i've seen about 3-4 on the streets and about 15-20 in a dealership here in montreal.

mclaren_Gt
01-30-2005, 11:33 PM
the first lambo i seen in a magazine, is 4 or 5 years,

in the street i look it , i was 12 - 13 years, and this is a countach yellow, and is the only i ever seen in my life, in person :(

lol i see my 2nd lambo two days ago, i see a lambo gallardo in orange, is awesome

jorge
01-30-2005, 11:54 PM
I was in California and i saw a white Diablo outside a house -i was speechles- :o

SafirXP
01-31-2005, 12:08 AM
2001, a cold winter night in Sydney... Princes Highway, a white countach.... damn that thing was so ****ing wide, long & noisy!!! :D i was actually balancing myself and walking at the edge of the curb, sipping coffee.. when i noticed the lambo pass a few inches away from me! a lil slip and i would've had an even closer look ;)

dropot2
01-31-2005, 05:08 AM
It passed a long time since I saw my first Lambo. It was 3 years ago when I went to Santa Agatha to visit the Lamborghini Factory. There, I saw 3 Gallardos and 1 Murci which were going to meet its owner.

http://img165.exs.cx/img165/7852/lambo19rx.th.jpg (http://img165.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img165&image=lambo19rx.jpg)

http://img165.exs.cx/img165/6929/lambo26lm.th.jpg (http://img165.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img165&image=lambo26lm.jpg)

http://img165.exs.cx/img165/56/lambo42iw.th.jpg (http://img165.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img165&image=lambo42iw.jpg)

http://img165.exs.cx/img165/3135/lambo34qk.th.jpg (http://img165.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img165&image=lambo34qk.jpg)