PDA

View Full Version : 1016rwhp street Z06... :)

RC45
09-27-2004, 10:12 PM
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66194&page=1&pp=15

What was that about a European challenge? ;) :lol:

1016 rwhp and 911 rwtq
http://www.cartek.net/images/paultt.jpg

The waste gate controller is now working properly and brought the boost down to 22 PSI, it makes 948 HP and 831 Tq. On the first runs we will turn the boost down to let Paul get used to the car. Thanks for the props guys.

Julio

LOL :lol: Keep the power DOWN tp 948hp... :P :D

http://www.cartek.net/images/paul22psi.jpg

I want to learn to drive this car the right way. I've asked Cartek to turn the boost down to 15 - 17 lbs so I can have at least a small chance of hooking up. At that level I'll still put down about 800 to the wheels.

No Kidding - keeping the power down to 800hp to learn... :lol: :D

SFDMALEX
09-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Sweet.......the thought of taking this on the track gives me goose bumps....think about it! Virtually no traction in the back....*drool* hows that for a challenge :D

"What was that about a European challenge?"

Dont forget that Europe is not as hp hungry as America mate :wink: With enough money you can make 1000bhp out of virtually anything...look at those Japaniese 4banger or 6 motors......without enough shinny wires and spark plugs you can make a moped go faster then a 996.

sentra_dude
09-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Only 911rwtq, that seems a bit weak to me....

:D ;) :twisted:

racer_f50
09-27-2004, 11:46 PM
oh my fucking god that thing is insane :shock:

i remember reading a thread on some Viper forum about a guy who said his Viper became totally undrivable above 1000hp (would have wheelspin at like 160mph+ he said).
sure hope this guy fits some nice slicks and racing suspension when he tracks it, that thing could kick a C5-R's ass with a skillfull driver (or maybe even with no skillful driver depending on the car's manners now, you could go slow through corners and still make up time on even the smallest straights).

now can somebody convince him to take it to the Ring? :twisted:

vexor
09-27-2004, 11:52 PM
That vette may have a lot of power, but how good is it when a couple of corners come up?

SFDMALEX
09-27-2004, 11:53 PM
That vette may have a lot of power, but how good is it when a couple of corners come up?

Thats the fun part :wink:

RC45
09-27-2004, 11:58 PM

No different to any other 1000hp car - requires skill and control.

Hell even a Macca F1 or Enzo can't just be thrown around like a Golf Diesel through the turns - it takes skill to master them... just witness the number of smashed up Enzos over the last year... :)

PATo355
09-28-2004, 12:12 AM

No different to any other 1000hp car - requires skill and control.

Hell even a Macca F1 or Enzo can't just be thrown around like a Golf Diesel through the turns - it takes skill to master them... just witness the number of smashed up Enzos over the last year... :)

Comes with steering wheel ? For what ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Impressive indeed , not fan of american cars , but this is hella fast

nthfinity
09-28-2004, 12:27 AM
i must say i congradulate the owner for asking the boost to be 'turned down'
to me, the most impressive thing about this fucking insane Z is its low end torque/hp numbers are still amazing! (sure the boost piles on @4500, but look its at 300 ft.lbs @3000 revs :-D looks quite drivable every day !
thanks for the great Z find, RC :)

RC45
09-28-2004, 12:40 AM
The most amazing thing about this car - it is still using the stock 346ci displacment with a stock block. :)

I guess this tops the Supras claim as the "highest power stock blocked modified car"... or what ever it was the Supra guys have been claiming... :)

astonmartinandy
09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Very impressive to get 1000 Bhp from anything, but especially from a stock block. That will fire down the 1/4 mile (providing you can get traction) but I don't really think he will ever be able to fully exploit the power without a serious race set up with tyres and suspension - "Power is nothing without control". Lol Pirelli :wink:

noliebro
09-28-2004, 06:08 PM
I could not even imagine how wierd it would be to get wheel spin past 100 mile per hour. insane

Toronto
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
The most amazing thing about this car - it is still using the stock 346ci displacment with a stock block. :)

I guess this tops the Supras claim as the "highest power stock blocked modified car"... or what ever it was the Supra guys have been claiming... :)

lol supra claims? they get 1200hp, that is alot more then this car does
http://www.suprastore.com/stag8upkit12.html

ZfrkS62
09-29-2004, 02:54 PM

i didnt see anything about squeezing nitrous on the 'vette. that doesn't count.

Chevy stil makes the best blocks to handle the power that can be made for stuff like that

RC45
09-29-2004, 03:14 PM

Your point?

Lets see the dyno charts and timeslips.. anyone can advertise lies.. :P

Cartek have more than 200hp extra on hand to tune out of this setup.

The supra is an over hyped dyno queen gay ass car - always has been... :)

Can't turn or stop worth a shit out of the box... and even modified it is nothing more than a ricer wannabe.. :)

Toronto
09-29-2004, 08:23 PM

Your point?

Can't turn or stop worth a shit out of the box... and even modified it is nothing more than a ricer wannabe.. :)

lol search the site there are plenty of non nitro dyno runs that are ober 920hp

RC45
09-29-2004, 08:43 PM

Your point?

lol search the site there are plenty of non nitro dyno runs that are ober 920hp

Exactly - dyno queens.. besides

mit5005
09-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I completely agree with RC45. Supras are overrated. Put a 900 hp Supra and a 600 hp RX-7 against each other on a track, and the supra will lose. Just watch the best motoring videos, there is your proof.

Toronto
09-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I completely agree with RC45. Supras are overrated. Put a 900 hp Supra and a 600 hp RX-7 against each other on a track, and the supra will lose. Just watch the best motoring videos, there is your proof.

my claims was never that it could out lap the vette, it was the fact that it can run dyno's with the best of them, they arn't claims they are facts un like what RC would think

I guess this tops the Supras claim as the "highest power stock blocked modified car"... or what ever it was the Supra guys have been claiming...

i proved him wrong again, then he goes on and changes the subject again, you really are a laugh RC.

RC45
09-29-2004, 10:59 PM
i proved him wrong again, then he goes on and changes the subject again, you really are a laugh RC.

No bitch - you did not "prove me wrong".

It has been a long time bogus belief that the "stock supra block" was the be and end all of turbo charged starting points for stock block high hp cars.

This has been soundly disproven by the fact that a STOCK block from a NON-Turbo engine has been able to withstand this much boost and produce 1000+ rwhp on the FIRST ATTEMPT at building such a monster.

This is just the beginning... Cartek and others will begin producing many more stock block based 1000hp+ turbo charged LS6's now that it has been proved viable.

:)

This is the truth.

Toronto
09-29-2004, 11:09 PM

It has been a long time bogus belief that the "stock supra block" was the be and end all of turbo charged starting points for stock block high hp cars.

This has been soundly disproven by the fact that a STOCK block from a NON-Turbo engine has been able to withstand this much boost and produce 1000+ rwhp on the FIRST ATTEMPT at building such a monster.

This is just the beginning... Cartek and others will begin producing many more stock block based 1000hp+ turbo charged LS6's now that it has been proved viable.

This is the truth.

so the supra block isn't a good starting point for a turbo upgrade? it still seems to get the job done.

RC45
09-29-2004, 11:22 PM

This is the truth.

so the supra block isn't a good starting point for a turbo upgrade? it still seems to get the job done.

*whoooooooooosh*

You again miss the point.

For a long time the Supra crowd used to have a battle cry stating that the Supra engine had the potential for the most "stock block horsepower" - and this appears to no longer be true.

The weather must be cooling down up there and turning your brain to perma-frost.. :)

Toronto
09-29-2004, 11:26 PM
For a long time the Supra crowd used to have a battle cry stating that the Supra engine had the potential for the most "stock block horsepower" - and this appears to no longer be true.

The weather must be cooling down up there and turning your brain to perma-frost.. :)

that doesn't make it any less of engine? it can still does what it claimed.

sentra_dude
09-29-2004, 11:33 PM

i remember reading a thread on some Viper forum about a guy who said his Viper became totally undrivable above 1000hp (would have wheelspin at like 160mph+ he said).
sure hope this guy fits some nice slicks and racing suspension when he tracks it, that thing could kick a C5-R's ass with a skillfull driver (or maybe even with no skillful driver depending on the car's manners now, you could go slow through corners and still make up time on even the smallest straights).

now can somebody convince him to take it to the Ring? :twisted:

LOL, a C5R would completely kill any non-race prepped Z06.

The C5R is around 600lb lighter than a stock Z06 (and unless this one has weight reductions done, it probably weighs at least 150lbs more than stock with the weight of the turbos and associated parts), of course a 1000+hp makes up for that, but it still hurts in the corners and braking. So we can say the Z06 will take the C5R on the straight-aways, but not by much because the C5R will be able to put the power down much earlier & effectively, not to mention you can change the gearing on the C5R, improving the acceleration further. Now if you consider the C5R actually produces downforce (and crap-loads of it), and that is has racing brakes which will embarrass any brakes on a street car, there is absolutely no contest, no matter how good the driver in the turbo Z06 is... :P

sentra_dude
09-29-2004, 11:45 PM

This is the truth.

*whoooooooooosh*

You again miss the point.

LOL, yea...well...

*cough* 1UZFE *cough*

:P 8) :D

PaulGT2164
10-03-2004, 12:11 AM
will the tupid arguing and bashing ever end on this topic

supras are awesome cars, and they can handle well and stop great, watch some best motoring
corvettes are awesome cars as well

but they are two very different cars, that are at the top of two very different classes, price ranges, and inteded purposes

to each is their own
a suggestion

dont talk foreign cars in a american car forum
obviously rc45 hate supras, his problem, no biggie, so what
there are rice supras, fast supras, and stock supras
the supra is a awesome car, period, that make mad power, and can run very well on a track or strip when prepared

the corvette is the same exact way
some people do them up wrong , some do them up right, they can make mad power as well, and can be good track/strip cars

it all matters on your preference, dont bash all supras, and dont back all vettes
its pointless to argue of such stupid stuff
both are awesome in their onw areas

engine wise the supra motor is prolly one of the best inlines 6s ever made, if not the best, arguably

the ls1/ls2 is arguably the best small block v8 engine made

this is like comparing apple to oranges, i dont understand why rc45 has to bash supras, and i dont see why toronto is arguing about it

its all personal preference and personal likes and dislikes

who cares
a vette made 1016 hp, thats awesome
supras have made 1233hp +
i imagine a vette will soon eclipse that, then a supra, then a vette, etc etc

why argue and why talk bad about another car? its ignorant
both are awesome , and both are appreciated by a true car enthusiast

homemade wrx
10-03-2004, 12:15 AM
I think you said it best...I couldn't even begin to imaging what it must be like to drive...if it can actually get traction to go somewhere :twisted:
take it easy, Micah

RC45
10-03-2004, 01:52 AM
will the tupid arguing and bashing ever end on this topic

supras are awesome cars, and they can handle well and stop great, watch some best motoring
corvettes are awesome cars as well

but they are two very different cars, that are at the top of two very different classes, price ranges, and inteded purposes

to each is their own
a suggestion

dont talk foreign cars in a american car forum
obviously rc45 hate supras, his problem, no biggie, so what
there are rice supras, fast supras, and stock supras
the supra is a awesome car, period, that make mad power, and can run very well on a track or strip when prepared

the corvette is the same exact way
some people do them up wrong , some do them up right, they can make mad power as well, and can be good track/strip cars

it all matters on your preference, dont bash all supras, and dont back all vettes
its pointless to argue of such stupid stuff
both are awesome in their onw areas

engine wise the supra motor is prolly one of the best inlines 6s ever made, if not the best, arguably

the ls1/ls2 is arguably the best small block v8 engine made

this is like comparing apple to oranges, i dont understand why rc45 has to bash supras, and i dont see why toronto is arguing about it

its all personal preference and personal likes and dislikes

who cares
a vette made 1016 hp, thats awesome
supras have made 1233hp +
i imagine a vette will soon eclipse that, then a supra, then a vette, etc etc

why argue and why talk bad about another car? its ignorant
both are awesome , and both are appreciated by a true car enthusiast

Whoooooosh.....

You missed that one by a mile... right over your head.... and every other angry poster in this thread... :P

I was TONGUE IN CHEEK pulling the piss out of the Supra crowd who for the longest time, have claimed the Supra was the be-all-and-end-all for STOCK ENGINE BLOCK based Turbo charged modded cars.

That is what I said

Now - anyone with an IQ above room temp would have been able to figure this line of humour out.... Unless the major haters posting have never actually hung out with Supra folks and talked to them about their cars - which I have done - and the topic of strong STOCK BLOCK modded cars always came up.

Maybe many folks here really don't don't have as vast an automotive general knowledge as they claim.. ;) :P

Besides the fact that I used to love the Supra before every Import-&-Rice magazine the world over began fucking them over to the point that Fast&Dubious had no choice but to use a Supra in the movie... and pretty much turning it into the uber-Ricer wanna be mobile :)

PaulGT2164
10-03-2004, 03:14 AM
im not angry, or insulting anyone, im just saying why single out a car or group of ppl in your threads, its kinda lame

the supra is still a badass car, regardless of who likes it, the people who want the car dont make the car, the people who own/drive them do
the 2jz engine does have an immensly strong stock block, thats obvious, as well as the ls1/ls2

if you were being tongue in cheek, then i did miss it , sorry, but i was just pushing the fact both are great cars, and both have great engines, and this is a domestic discussion forrum, so why dont you compare the hp on stock blocks to other domestic cars, instead of trying to anger us people who like imports as well....

and just so you know, supras werent the ricer dream till after the Fast&furious ;)
the import "culture" was alot better before that movie, because "ricers" didnt exist till afterwards
ive been into the import scene way before that movie killed the real import ppl and can safely say that movie demolished what was a very thriving and fast small group of enthusiast, who were very similiar to any other car "cultured" people

just remember the ricers cruise the mall for underage girlies, while us real import ppl are in the garage making fast cars, or racing our fast cars =) dont doom a whole care, or group of enthusiasts because of what you see

around here only old women drive vettes, but i dont label vettes as "old lady cars"
just like when you see a ricer, dont label all import cars, or enthusiasts "ricers" :D

if your ever in phoenix az, or western ky, ill have some of my guys show you some fast imports ;)

ZfrkS62
10-03-2004, 03:35 AM
I can attest to the Phoenix claim. There are alot of posers out there but there are a few screaming imports over there. SRD has got a couple of fast cars that have come out of their shop. Import Powerhouse has an H22 civic hatch that runs 9's. Haskell Auto (worked there for a year and a half while i was in school) has a few amazing little imports too.

the best one i can remember is a yellow Mitsu Eclipse. Delsol roof conversion, rolling around on 20in rims, but he has one hell of a set up. G28 ball-bearing turbo running 10psi (next level turbo and we would have had to re-work the internals on his engine). Performance fuel pump and injectors. two weeks after we finished the car, he brought it back because the hood latch had started to break free of the front clip at 150MPH on I-10 while he was smoking a Vette. it's the first Eclipse i've ever thought was fast.

PaulGT2164
10-03-2004, 03:43 AM
yeah i got the plug wires for the miata i built this week here in phoenix from SRD , their turbo civic runs 10s and is street legal i believe, i was enjoying the fun of picking on ricers in the 300+rwhp miata all week, i will be driving it to colorado to allow flying miata to do the final dyno tuning on the car, SRD was all booked up on dyno time, when i was in there ordering the magnacores there was a guy in there with a 320hp integra, and a 350hp elicpse turbo, the car scene is alot better here in phoenix/scottsdale, i seen my firrst ferrari 575 yesterday :D

ZfrkS62
10-03-2004, 03:47 AM
i dont miss phoenix much, but i do miss the cars. I love the fact that i can see a mint 67 Camaro going down the road in mid december.

When you were at SRD was there a guy there with two huge gauged spools in his ears? his name is Kyle and drives a black turbo charged JDM civic. When i went to school with him he was talking about getting a job there so i'm curious as to if he ever got it.

PaulGT2164
10-03-2004, 03:54 AM
hrmm not that i seen, when i go back there i will look or ask tho
its a pretty nice lil shop , i liked it
im might still try to get some dyno time there to see exactly what the miata is putting down

ZfrkS62
10-03-2004, 03:56 AM
hopefully you will post the dyno sheets, yes? :D :mrgreen:

PaulGT2164
10-03-2004, 04:19 AM
yeah i will if i get some, and if not i will post them when i get done @ flyin miata
we guestimate now we are laying down 285-300rwhp and the car pulls hard enought to back us up

if you wanna see pics goto my post in general chat, "paulgt2164's summer project"

ZfrkS62
10-03-2004, 04:29 AM
yeah, the one that you and graywolf have been going back and forth on for the last few hours?

PaulGT2164
10-03-2004, 04:31 AM
yeah that one
he likes to argue with me even when i am obviously right
its the 4th or 5th time hes done it....
oh well some people just read fast, and then some people just drive fast, i guess he will be reading for a while ;)

lol

Skaala
10-06-2004, 05:51 AM
if the viper became hard to drive with som much power, would't the vette be easier with traction control engaged?

number77
10-06-2004, 07:07 PM
there are a few supras that made it to around 800 hp. The owners did it more as an experiment cause if they want more they usually buy a different block, or they use block fillers which aren't the best thing to do. Supras are good for one thing, highway running from 90ish and 170.

skituner
10-06-2004, 07:26 PM
wow that is crazy
i would love to see that thing in action

gtx28
10-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Incorrect information, please read your own referance material first the block that you quote is a race preped block(Titan built street/race specification engine: forged pistons, billet connecting rods, fully assembled, balanced, all new gaskets, seals, water pump, oil pump) the lowerend of that motor has been altered hense it is not a stock block. To my knowledge mike carlons supra is the highest hp stock block supra out there http://www.to4r.com/member.php?show=mike.carlin he is pushing a very nice 980 hp, but 980rwhp is not 1016rwhp.

I realize this is very obscure but i met a fellow at the fl Gainsville (Super Chevy Show if i remember correctly the car was a red zr-1 dont remember the year) raceway who had a stock block twin turbo lt5 who was pushing 1100 hp so they are definantly out there. Also realize that the lt5 was designed very strong from the begining, the whole lower end of the motor has a cage holding it together, instead of just main bearing caps.