PDA

View Full Version : Sony Announces final Release date for GT4!!

coloradosilver
09-27-2004, 05:23 PM
At the Tokyo Games Show this last week (9/24/04), Sony has announced that the latest installment in their popular racing series will be available just in time for the Christmas rush, getting a December 14 release date. However, the game will not have online play available for it. Representatives from Sony and Polyphony Digital have stated that online play will now be reserved for a separate Gran Turismo title slated for release in 2005.

Just thought you'd al like to know.

RC45
09-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Good news - but this may hurt sales as only the die-hards will buy it without an online piece.

Could this be the decline of the GT franchise... :(

One can only hope not.

sentra_dude
09-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Fuck! I hope they are serious that this is a 'fixed' release date!

TT
09-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Many ppl are already pissed off at their "concept" and "prologue" releases... but it still sells very well.. I already reserved months ago both the PAL and NTSC version just in case, so I guess I am a die-hard fan ;)

sentra_dude
09-27-2004, 05:32 PM
I don't care if it has online or not, I'm still going to get it on the day it comes out, I'm just a little pissed that they can't stick to the release date...I mean, once or twice or three times pushing back the release date is ok, but they've been pushing it back for what seems like the last 2 years...

ZfrkS62
09-27-2004, 05:51 PM
hey, the best things are always worth the wait :wink: i'm going to get it, and then i'm going to go search for a PS2...or maybe i should get the PS2 first......

tigerx
09-27-2004, 05:53 PM
get the ps2 first, buy gt3 (cheap now) and practice on that first.

oh yeah get a wheel and pedal set too.

dutchmasterflex
09-27-2004, 05:59 PM
I knew a november release date was too good to be true... I just hope they stick with this date. still cant wait!

abbor
09-27-2004, 05:59 PM
I was gonna buy a network-adapter just too be able to play it online, waste my precious money on such a thing, and now they make me use more money on the online-version! They have no shame!!! :x :x

coloradosilver
09-27-2004, 07:02 PM
It's all about the money. If they release two games, one with online play but without the full regular version, and one without online ability(but with the full game), then people will want to buy both in order to get the full experience that GT4 will have to offer. It's all a marketing stratagy. If both versions cost the same amount then Sony and Polyphony will effectively DOUBLE their profits made from what is essentially the same game.

They could put it all in one game, but the payoff would only be half as much for them.

It's a great money making technique for them. Unfortunately, it leaves the rest of us gamers really FUCKED!!

gottacatchup
09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
they also cut the online mode to make sure they could make the Dec 14 deadline. there's no way polyphony was gonna miss christmas again

budagboy2
09-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Even if the game doesnt have online play it still takes months to complete the game. Has anyone heard about x-box's counter to granturismo. Its called forza, looks aswome and has online play.
http://ebworld.com/ebx/product/244535.asp

sikx5
09-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Cant wait...i hope there are ferraris :|

SFDMALEX
09-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Who cares about some lame ass ps2 game............... :| ????

initiala4
09-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Yay!...finally I have been waiting for the set date.

SFDMALEX
09-27-2004, 10:08 PM
hmmm strange...............no reaction to my post.........at least not one I expcted :lol:

5vz-fe
09-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Damn, that's still 3 months away..............u know, this is the one game that I love and hate. You just fucking hate them keeping you waiting and waiting, yet you will be the first to buy their products

sentra_dude
09-27-2004, 10:27 PM
It's all about the money. If they release two games, one with online play but without the full regular version, and one without online ability(but with the full game), then people will want to buy both in order to get the full experience that GT4 will have to offer. It's all a marketing stratagy. If both versions cost the same amount then Sony and Polyphony will effectively DOUBLE their profits made from what is essentially the same game.

They could put it all in one game, but the payoff would only be half as much for them.

It's a great money making technique for them. Unfortunately, it leaves the rest of us gamers really FUCKED!!

I doubt that's really how they are thinking it...I mean, they've sold something like 36 million Gran Turismo games world-wide, I don't think they would pursue some gimmicky technique like that to sell games, cause they sure as hell don't need help selling them. They most likely spilt it into two separate releases because the online play isn't complete yet, and to finish it up to their high standards would mean pushing the release date back even further. Which would piss us off even more, and miss the very crucial Christmas season, which is something even they can't miss.

RC45
09-27-2004, 10:54 PM

This is why I don't admire you sir... ;) -- you have convictions based in unjustified bias against the GT franchise... ;) :lol: :P

SFDMALEX
09-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I played it :wink: Quite a few times. And I like it. But one thing kills it is "SIMULATION" its more like ass stimulation.
If they just called it a game and didnt create the hard core simulation bullshit hype about it Id have a tottaly different outlook on the game.

RC45
09-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Yeah - but it is the most serious of all the console games out there... :) almost a simulation.. :lol:

SFDMALEX
09-27-2004, 11:16 PM
True, It's More Elaborative(in the sim dept.) From Other Racing Franchises people kEEp POSTING about. :wink: 0X

dingo
09-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Who cares what the developers market it as, if you played it and enjoyed it then thats all that should matter.
The gameplay doesn't change just because of what someone says about the game.

BTW, a couple of Aussie game retailers are qouting a release date of 30th November....it would be strange that we would get the game earlier then the US/Europe, usually its the other way around.

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=8323

abbor
09-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Even if the game doesnt have online play it still takes months to complete the game. Has anyone heard about x-box's counter to granturismo. Its called forza, looks aswome and has online play.
http://ebworld.com/ebx/product/244535.asp

Yeah, we've heard of it.. The FordGTGuy has hammered us with info about it..

But I don't think car games are all about which cars who's in it.. When I play GTA: Vice City, and I've installed the Enzo and many other supercars, the game just gets boring...

SFDMALEX
09-28-2004, 04:54 PM
True, It's More Elaborative(in the sim dept.) From Other Racing Franchises people kEEp POSTING about. :wink: 0X

bahhhhhh! So noone got it?

T I M E F O R F EE POSTING!

skituner
09-28-2004, 05:01 PM
thank god
i feel like ive been waiting for years

5vz-fe
09-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Talking about the FordGTGuy, I don't see him no more participating in the recent GT4 topics :mrgreen: I guess he's not so sure about Forza is better now.

RC45
09-28-2004, 05:55 PM

LOL :lol: --- I just thought you had forgetted how to spoke engrish... ;) :P

noliebro
09-28-2004, 06:15 PM
they just realeased like a hundred more screeshots from that show on www.ign.com :P

gottacatchup
09-29-2004, 12:20 AM

why is it time for fee posting?

chipanggo
09-29-2004, 03:10 AM
thank goodness! finally! still, i can't wait till december 14. :?

mit5005
09-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Why does gamespy say it is coming out November 14? Maybe it is not updated, idk.

TransAm
09-29-2004, 10:35 PM

This is why I don't admire you sir... ;) -- you have convictions based in unjustified bias against the GT franchise... ;) :lol: :P

pfffft!

I'll be buying it with or without online play. I've even got the Logitech wheel in anticipation. I hope the date doesn't slip again however.

mit5005
09-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Wait a sec, I think I am right. I think Colorado got the month wrong, it is November, not December.

RC45
09-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Wait a sec, I think I am right. I think Colorado got the month wrong, it is November, not December.

If true --- s-fucking-weet... :)

T-Bird
09-30-2004, 01:52 AM

Well at work I checked today and the release date is November 14 and that gets updated every 24 hours so I think it's November and quite a few other stores around here say the same let alone many websites.

5vz-fe
09-30-2004, 02:31 AM
Gamespot: 12/14/04

EB Games: Ships on 12/14/2004 <--- previously 11/14/2004

Sorry to burst the bubbles....but the chances are slim.

coloradosilver
09-30-2004, 03:16 AM

Nope, I didn't get it wrong. Whatever site you're looking at has it wrong. This date was taken straight from a Sony rep. last week. Ship date is Dec 14.

Tell whatever site you're looking at to get with it!

RC45
09-30-2004, 09:29 AM

Nope, I didn't get it wrong. Whatever site you're looking at has it wrong. This date was taken straight from a Sony rep. last week. Ship date is Dec 14.

Tell whatever site you're looking at to get with it!

SO we should put an X on February 14 2005 - to include the inevitable Sony/PD dtae adjustment... :P

Tell your wife/GF/BF/SO/homosexual liason/large dog/sheep/inflatable doll it is a Valentines Gift... :lol: :)

PyroZona
10-03-2004, 03:29 AM
SO we should put an X on February 14 2005 - to include the inevitable Sony/PD dtae adjustment... :P

Tell your wife/GF/BF/SO/homosexual liason/large dog/sheep/inflatable doll it is a Valentines Gift... :lol: :)

LMFAO!!! Now THAT'S funny...and as much as I hate to admit it, it's got a good possibility of being more true than we all wanna believe.

Ok, so if the date IS pushed back to Feb. 14 2005, we blame it on RC45 for being the one who jinxed it, right?? :wink:

Pyro