06-16-2003, 03:44 PM
http://www.meandmephoto.com/Underwater/Hawaii/ImageJPG/Eels/DragEel.jpg

more Dragons

http://www.meandmephoto.com/Underwater/Hawaii/ImageJPG/Eels/DrgEel1.jpg

http://www.meandmephoto.com/Underwater/Hawaii/ImageJPG/Eels/DragEel6.jpg

http://www.meandmephoto.com/Underwater/Hawaii/ImageJPG/Eels/DragEel8.jpg

Jabba
06-16-2003, 05:00 PM
I think that beauty should be made featured pet of the month !!!!

fedezyl
06-16-2003, 05:37 PM
it scares me though...

Anonymous
06-16-2003, 10:37 PM
it scares me though...

He/she scares my dog DooFus too!!! LMAO Shell get near the tank and go into stealth attack mode (front dropped ass hi in the air with tail waving crazily straight up ROFL) She is a yello Lab and a real sweetie. but Mortie the eel owns her (poor gurl) she gets close he darts out thumps the glass she leaps five feet straight up So dam funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
06-16-2003, 10:40 PM
it scares me though... scared me too when the fucker bit me...... lost my thumb nail and a lot of meat!!!!

SplitVision8
06-16-2003, 11:01 PM
woah...what do you feed that thing? dead kittens? :twisted: :wink:

Anonymous
06-17-2003, 02:40 AM
ya kittys and or fresh fish I catch or get from friends..... it bit me while I was feeding it, eels have very bad eyesite and senses smell best hence me holding fish strip in front of hungry eel = get bit dumbass took me 2 times to learn both had = damages and eel was a little tyke then. He bites me now I loose the finger/part of hand. He/she is nearly 4 feet long now, when he got me he was bout 1 foot. He is one mean ass SOB and all MUSCLE..... many times Ive heard loud clunks from his tank, people ask WTF was that??? !!! LOL thats just Morty re-aranging his furnoture... He/she PMS at times and moves his hidey hole to suit mood, hidey hole is a chunk of lava rock with a nice lava tube in it I found diving weighs 80 lbs or so the eel moves it around like nothing.... good thing I used Lexan for my tank.

sikx5
06-17-2003, 03:50 AM
woooowwww....congrats on the sweet fish man. i cant wait till i get my marine setup...only 2weeks till i get fish in the tank :lol: so how do you clean the tank dude? i feel scared just looking at the pics. i am hoping to get a tiny lion fish and some big angels and tangs to balance out hopefully. :P

hope he doesnt bite again dude!
:shock:

novass
06-17-2003, 04:11 AM
that thing is mean lookin...i like it!!

BADMIHAI
06-18-2003, 11:42 AM
I betcha those are pics of KH! He's just embarassed to admit it ! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
06-18-2003, 12:30 PM
I betcha those are pics of KH! He's just embarassed to admit it ! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fawk No way I'm lot more rugly n mean lookin than that freakin eel is LooL.

Cleaning it is relativly easy. #1 Feed Eel so much he dont want anymore, even if rammed in his face with chopsticks holding it. If he dont take it he is full .
#2 when full they sort of hibernate or sleep alot.
#3 Be EXTREEMLY careful and dont linger too long in front of him, and wipe the inside glass down good then vacume the bottom with a air powered bubbler vac gizmo and your done.
About once every 2 months I do a water change since he's such a slob, tears and shreds his food slinging shit everywhere. So I find it easiest to keep it clear like Jabbas is by adding 100 gallons of fresh ocean water when it looks crappy or gets polluted by dead fish. I use 2 55 gallon drums and a boat bilge pump I hook to my truck to fill the drums from the beach a block from my house, takes maybe a hour to complete the pump is super fast. At home its even faster,
I use a swimming pool pump for circulating the water and filtering it (I built pools and spas for 8 years) eels are reef fish and like the water movement, it brings food to them (lazy fucks)
The tank is about 200 gallons the filter maybe 100 and its outside where the tank is in the living room.

I also put hundreds of breeders in at a time for a laff, I get them near a close by sea life park center (like a small Marine World) theres a return water pipeline from there main pumping station that has them coming out constantly you just swim out to the pipe about a mile and half offshore and take your dive goodie bag down to the pipe hold it in the outflow a few minutes and it will be so full you cant hold it out of the water!
Big problem here is its Tiger Shark territory because of all the little fish..... must be wary but most of the time they leave you alone, if they get close take your regulator out and let a big stream of bubbles out as you swim in they dont like the bubble stream and will cruise off. Learned that trick from Mr. Coustou.. got to do a dive with him and his son once learned more in one dive with him than I did in 10 years with friends LooL :D

666fast
06-18-2003, 06:22 PM
That thing is damn cool. I want to setup my tank damnit.

fedezyl
06-19-2003, 12:54 AM
Mmmh...been looking to those pictures...definetely a mean looking creature, so you got your finger eaten off a couple of times....mmm.interesting....I must admit that even though it scares me, and I would definetely shit in my pants if I saw it while diving, it is an admirable animal though, now one thing I was wondering, do you have a picture of your fish tank (excuse my poor english please if it is not right), because I am really intriged by how it looks like, it must be humongous by the description you gave us...

novass
06-19-2003, 02:49 AM
i forgot to ask...how big is that thing and how big will it get?

666fast
06-19-2003, 04:06 AM
A quick search told me that they get to be about 3 feet long. I'm sure the thing will get about 7 inches around too. In other words it gets pretty damn big. The thing I was reading said that they aren't that aggressive, that is unless you invade their home. I guess that means if you have one in an aquarium, odds are you are gonna get bitten!

Anonymous
06-19-2003, 04:33 AM
Mine is nearly 4 feet long, and about as big around as a chickens egg.
I wish I had a camera I'd take pics of him/her but never got a camera yet I keep hoping a friend will get a better one and let me use there old one but so far there old ones dont work LOL

Ive got regular photos but cant get drivers for my old scanner :roll:

BADMIHAI
06-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Mine is nearly 4 feet long, and about as big around as a chickens egg. I wish I had a camera I'd take pics of him/her

You are talking about your eel, aren't you? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evilbat:

Anonymous
06-19-2003, 11:22 AM
Check the Yellow Margin eel out. A relative of the dragon. It gets to some really giant sizes. Green Morays too they are the most common theres one lives in a old navy oiler thats sunk in front of Waikiki maybe 4 miles off shore in 120 feet of water. His name is Franz, and he's for the most part tame. The Atlantis sub that takes tourists for rides down to the wreck several times a day has several divers that go down with it and put on a show fot the peeps in the sub. They feed the fish and show stuff to the tourists and feed Franz. Franz is a True Monster, over 8 feet long about a foot in diameter! A huge dam moray. Thats mellow enough to be hand fed!!!! You can actually reach out and pet him!!! and he likes it!! He will push against your hand as you rub him.... Not me, No way. He scares the shit out of me, if you come close to him he will slide right out of the pipe he stays in and come RIGHT up to you like a dog!!! He's expecting a handout of fish actually... the first time I saw him I screamed as loud as I possibly could into my regulator!!! We were taking pictures by the wheel house of the ship, my friend has the camera and clicking pics of me here and there my back to the cabin looking at Bob my dive buddy as he's ready to snap a pic I see his eyes get big and he franticly starts signaling me something and pointing at me..... I'm like hmmmm??? I turn around and ol Franz is about 6 inches from my mask window!!!! Im lookinf right into his huge mouth full of razor sharp teeth and felt like a bolt of lighting hit me and screamed out!! The noise and huge bubble storm scared Franz making him shoot right at me just off to one side of my head he went like a missle.... right at Bob!! It was now his turn to scream in shock as the giant eel rushed at him. Bob was out in the open more than I was and he ducked and starred as the monster flew past off into the darkness. A moment later he was back calm and inqusitive again scaring the hell out of Bob and I so much we left and abandoned our dive headed fot the surface to decompress twice before we got to the surface.
I saw someone on the sub tug boat anchored about 20 yards away and yelled to him if I could come over for a moment he said sure so I dove in swam over and got onboard the tug and the guy was one of the sub show divers and really cool. In the past none of them would even so much as acknowledge us, but this guy was talkative and willing to put up with my constant questions, thats when I learned that Franz was more like a cocker spanial than a monster! It took 7 years to gain his trust, the sub divers really like him and its easy to see they can hug him and hang on as he pulls several of them arounf the ship with him of course there handing him big Mahimahi and Aku's 10 - 15 lb fish like 2 feet long and thick like your arm Franz gulps em down till hes full plays a bit more then off for a long nap.
Quite a critter. Makes that a really special dive spot, one due to its deepth (right at the max safe depth for air) and also because of Franz the 8 foot long "cocker spaniel" Hehe!!

SplitVision8
06-19-2003, 02:32 PM
only one way to respond to that...
http://poststuff.entensity.net/061303/flash.php?flash=thatscrazy.swf

BADMIHAI
06-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Krazy Hawaiian wrote:
Mine is nearly 4 feet long, and about as big around as a chickens egg. I wish I had a camera I'd take pics of him/her

You are talking about your eel, aren't you?

Anonymous
06-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Yup, ma eel. The Huge one is out in front of Waikiki in the ocean.

novass
06-20-2003, 04:38 AM
i found a site with some videos of diving in Kona, they show a big yellow margin eel...some other interesting vids

http://www.wanna-dive-kona.com/kona_diving_videos.htm

Anonymous
06-20-2003, 04:51 AM
wOw cool site! I love diving !

BADMIHAI
06-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Did nobody find my above post funny? DAMN! :)

Anonymous
06-20-2003, 05:58 PM
How the Hell did you know I got 2 Eels?????

ROFLNAO

BADMIHAI
06-20-2003, 08:48 PM
How the Hell did you know I got 2 Eels?????

ROFLNAO

http://www.googirl.com.ar/index.php?page=directory&gallery=/Sportswoman/Anna%20Kournikova<- this girl told me while we were playing tennis. She said your second eel is the huge, Krazy one. Anna said she could barely tain him!

crazidude
06-20-2003, 08:50 PM
so how heavy is that thing?

BADMIHAI
06-20-2003, 09:24 PM
so how heavy is that thing?
I guess you'll have to ask Anna

Chaos in 1983!
10-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Woa! amazing...just beautiful, I've seen those while scuba diving, I've also seen Green Moray Eels, they scare the shit out of you when you're down there and they are just looking at you from their cave...