PDA

View Full Version : technical collaboration : Audi /Ferrari

a007apl
09-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Topicality of Ferrari January 2 of this year, we spoke to you about the strong probability of a future technical collaboration between Audi, subsidiary of the German giant VW, and Ferrari/Maserati. It today became a reality with the advertisement made with the automobile show of Frankfurt. This agreement should make it possible Audi to reach certain technologies developed for F1 whereas the Ferrari group should profit from work of Audi in the field of the driving four-wheelers and the diesel engines. This technical collaboration should mainly benefit Audi and Maserati. The details of this agreement should be communicated to us before long. Volkswagen, the giant of Wolfsburg, gathers in his centre of multiple marks among which there are Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini or Bugatti. Luca di Montezemolo, the president of the Ferrari group specified at the beginning of this year that its company was not related to Automobile FIAT but on financial group FIAT. In addition, Montezemolo had as declared as FIAT had not been any more among the 5 principal sponsors of Ferrari for a few years already and than the hypothetical disappearance of this historical partner for Scuderia would not destabilize it less world. We are not yet there... There are a few months, Bernd Pischetsrieder, the president of the group VW would have declared on the ton of the joke that it would like to buy all the Ferrari group so that one stops asking to him whether VW will launch out in F1. While waiting for that that arrives one day, it is far from probable today, Scuderia Ferrari continued its preparation of the GP of the USA, yesterday in Fiorano. It is Luca Badoer which was responsible for this rolling by carrying out 108 turns (including 20 on the short version of the layout), fastest in 58"020. Scuderia concentrated on the electronic development and that of the Bridgestone tires.

Ps.: I DON'T LIKE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TT
09-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Dang.. I bet in 50 years there will be only a single brand... we will still have some different badges.. but all of them will be in someway collaborating... :-/

draak666
09-21-2003, 04:28 PM
the Ferrari group should profit from work of Audi in the field of ... the diesel engines.
Horrifieing thought. :shock:

initiala4
09-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Is VW group that loaded with cash? It seems like they are sweeping almost anything classic or exotic in the way. I cant imagine what happens if Ferrari joins them...an F1 car badge with VW :roll:

a007apl
09-21-2003, 04:37 PM
the Ferrari group should profit from work of Audi in the field of ... the diesel engines.
Horrifieing thought. :shock:
Audi buy Lambo,Now VW will buy Ferrari,oh no.

TT
09-21-2003, 04:50 PM
And then Ferrari will buy Lambo and Lambo will buy Audi that will buy VW that will...

SFDMALEX
09-21-2003, 05:26 PM
And then Ferrari will buy Lambo and Lambo will buy Audi that will buy VW that will...

Exactly my thought. They'll keep on buying each other.........This is bullshit. Fuck VW, AUDI and GM. Loaded mother fuckers...............

alondahan
09-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Fuck :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
what the hell are they thinking??? and with audi of all makers :x

I hope that this collaboration will be very limited. letting vw access to F1 technology is an horrifyng thought :x

and what's the fuck with the awd :x I can understand diesel need for the Qutroporte, but awd???

and fuck audi/vw for that :x

FER355
09-22-2003, 07:40 AM
I think its time to boycott audi/vw products before they 'buy' every supercar maker out there :(

draak666
09-22-2003, 08:35 AM
I can understand diesel need for the Qutroporte
I cannot.

draak666
09-22-2003, 08:37 AM
I have an idea. Instead of buying an Enzo with the members of JW, why not buy the Ferrari company. Only then we'll be sure it is in good hands. :D

a007apl
09-22-2003, 09:06 AM
"And Then Ferrari will buy Lambo"
I commit suicide :|

Jabba
09-22-2003, 09:09 AM
A bit drastic I would say....

If we buy Ferrari we can then do away with the horse and have a Jabba badge instead !!

666fast
09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
A bit drastic I would say....

If we buy Ferrari we can then do away with the horse and have a Jabba badge instead !!

Sounds like a good idea! LOL
Now where did I put that spare $200 million?

stradale
09-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Is this connected to this news maybe? :wink:

Tuesday 16th September 2003
There Goes the Neighbourhood

Ferrari and Lamborghini are fierce rivals, but is a new era of co-operation set to begin between the Modena giants?

When Ferrari chief designer Frank Stephenson (picture) took the job, he found an exclusive home in the Italian town. Long hours meant he never saw the neighbours - until he met the man next door at an industry dinner: Lambo boss Giuseppe Greco.

Vansquish
09-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Somehow the idea of a VW in Formula 1 just sounds wrong. The company was started to produce the Beetle, something that was the car of the masses for Nazi Germany, and because of the ensuing war, there wasn't much in the way of racing, formula one or otherwise for several years there...so the concept of VW in that upper echelon of racing is just wrong. Besides which, they made the minibus...you practically had to push the damn thing up any hills you ran into hehehe.

novass
10-01-2003, 03:37 AM
i dont like this either. i wish each company could stand alone, im sick of this platform/engine sharing bullshit.

fuck we should buy ferrari, think about it, we could all have completely custom ferraris, tailored to our every whim. and if we cant afford it, we should steal it.

espen
10-07-2003, 06:54 AM
Hey, dont beat up Audi for bailing out poor old broke Lambo :x have you forgotten how good new Lambos are? Perhaps you would you have preferred GM, or to let Chrysler continue killing it?

I've driven a Countach 5000 Qv and seriously, I'd like to love the car but driving it is a joke. The steering is so heavy you need both hands just to make a gentlie sweeper, the gear shift is clumsy and heavy, the clutch is redicolously heavy and the ride is so firm you feel like something is seriously wrong.

And now even evo magazine halis Gallardo as a 100% usable supercar! Italien flair and german engineering, what could possibly be better?

alondahan
10-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Italien flair and german engineering, what could possibly be better?

Italian soul maybe??

draak666
10-07-2003, 10:07 AM

Italian soul maybe??
As long as it's not German flair and Italian engineering. :D To be honest I think the Italian flair is lacking a litttle on the new Lamborghinis. :?

alondahan
10-07-2003, 01:35 PM

Italian soul maybe??
As long as it's not German flair and Italian engineering. :D To be honest I think the Italian flair is lacking a litttle on the new Lamborghinis. :?

I think it's lacking a lot :(
audi has ruined the raging bull. the Diablo (and the Countach before that, and the Miura before that) was sensational, outrageous, wonderful. now they're not. :(