PDA

View Full Version : My former boss just gave me stock in his new company!

BaseRSX
09-16-2004, 10:49 PM
It’s a long story and I really don’t want this to sound like some bragging thread. But my former boss who is Japanese and has started his own business in Japan just gave me 5 shares of his company “at the strike value”! I could sell those shares tomorrow for $20kUS!

There is no way I will sell them anytime soon, of course! It’s such an honor that he would do this. He told me it was long over due for all the work I have done for him. I will not list the company name, the stock is not public. It has quadrupled since October and should do that again by the first of the year!

Again, I post this not to brag, it’s just really an honor and a surprise that he would do this.

tigerx
09-16-2004, 10:53 PM
well you lucky bastard, i hope you'll spend that money sensibly :P LOL. wanna give me one? ;) ;) ;) LMFAO jk.

nthfinity
09-16-2004, 11:29 PM
forgive me for being skeptical... but 5 shares worth 20 g's?
ok, so its also a private stock, so its likely the stock hasnt split once... but $4,000 per share is quite... whats the word... suspecting ;)

ill leave it at that, and you are telling the truth. :) i am happy for you. good work

heath
09-16-2004, 11:31 PM
maybe he meant 5% of the companys shares?

BaseRSX
09-16-2004, 11:42 PM
maybe he meant 5% of the companys shares?

No, not at all. I mean 5 shares. FAR, FAR, FAR from 5%!!! This is a banking company. The market cap is very large.

I agree, I can't believe it myself! But 5 shares = about $20k US! That is the way non-public companies work.

Edit: I’m sure if it does go IPO my shares would translate into thousands of IPO shares.

Toronto
09-17-2004, 12:00 AM
i was going to say $4000 for a public stock?????

but thanx for explaining 8)

best of luck with the money. :lol: