PDA

View Full Version : nurburgring and nordschleife

ferrari550
09-17-2003, 01:16 PM
What is the difference between the nurburgring and nordschleife?

TT
09-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, Nürburgring is used in a general way, also for the short version, while the Nordschleife if the part you can "add" to it and what makes THE Ring the longest track around :D

st-anger
09-17-2003, 01:28 PM
it`s more or less the same, the nordschleife is the famous race track ( 22km long ) but not used today for e.g. formula 1 ....
the new nürburgring (European GP ) is the F1 race track that is used nowadays.
to compare:
the new nürburgring:
http://internet.zakspeed-nuerburgring-rennfahrerschule.de/pages/images/streckenkarte01.gif

the nordschleife with the integrated new nürburgring:
http://internet.zakspeed-nuerburgring-rennfahrerschule.de/pages/images/streckenkarte02.gif

hope this helps a bit, if not don`t hestiate to ask....

TT
09-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Why Nürburg is so far away from here? Why?!?!?

1zippo1
09-17-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm probably the JW's member who's closest to the ring (175 km if I remember correctly). But I'm probably also one of the JW's members who drives the shittiest car :P And it's not even mine...

I'm surely gonna visit the ring when I have a car of my own, when I work.

st-anger
09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
I'm probably the JW's member who's closest to the ring (175 km if I remember correctly). But I'm probably also one of the JW's members who drives the shittiest car :P And it's not even mine...

do you sometimes just drive to the nordschleife, just to see some nice cars, taking some pics...
and do you know when there are "industry pool" days????

1zippo1
09-17-2003, 03:54 PM

do you sometimes just drive to the nordschleife, just to see some nice cars, taking some pics...
and do you know when there are "industry pool" days????

I've never been to the ring. My mom doesn't really thrust me with her car :? I wish I could take my dads car, that isn't so bad but I can seldom drive that without one of my parents in the car. Pretty weird because my parents aren't poor and my friends don't have the same problem.

TT
09-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Dang sure, if I'd live closer, I'd love to go just to watch other lapping the Ring :) but drive 700 km (and 700 back) will be to much maybe ;)

twboy1999
09-17-2003, 04:26 PM
st-anger
thanx for the illustration
i always wonder waht was teh differnce

damn,,, it is a freaking long track,, 2 bad i am not in germany..><..

TT
09-17-2003, 04:34 PM
st-anger
thanx for the illustration
i always wonder waht was teh differnce

damn,,, it is a freaking long track,, 2 bad i am not in germany..><..

LOL, I never went to it, but thanks to all the vids we can find online, I think I'll be able to drive it with closed eyes :D

Jabba
09-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Dang sure, if I'd live closer, I'd love to go just to watch other lapping the Ring :) but drive 700 km (and 700 back) will be to much maybe ;)

What about when its your turn to use the JW Enzo ???

SFDMALEX
09-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Hehe, I know the track quite well from Grand Prix Legends and GTR2002. Its always a blast to drive, especialy in the MINI. 8)

draak666
09-17-2003, 06:42 PM
do you know when there are "industry pool" days????

Here you can find when the ring is open for the public. http://nuerburgring.de/angebote/sf_n_q3.htm . Here you can find other events http://www.nurburgring.de/?rubrik=termine&lang=eng . And I guess the remaining days will be Industry Pools.

I already knew that BMW has it's M testcenter a little further down the road. On my last trip there I noticed that also Opel, Jaguar and some other manufacturer have a building nearby. So I guess the Industry Pool sessions will become pretty crowded.

However, I wouldn't go there on one of those days. It's also possible to see test cars on regular days. I once saw a S60 R and a Z4 there before it was released. A few weeks back my friend saw the SLR drive by.

stracing
09-17-2003, 07:32 PM
whats the emergency response at the place?
i'd imagine it takes ages to get rid of a car if it crashes?

draak666
09-17-2003, 07:50 PM
whats the emergency response at the place?
i'd imagine it takes ages to get rid of a car if it crashes?
If there's a severe crash the ring gets closed. It can take up to an hour before it gets reopened (usually a bit less), depending on how bad the damage is to the vehicle, persons involved and the guard-rail (very expensive :P ). There's an ambulance ready at the start and the coppers have a bureau right next to the ring. According to my friend the ring was closed four times the time he was there last saturday. :x

ferrari550
09-17-2003, 11:51 PM
yah i can see the difference now, thanks guys.
i wish i could get to drive on it some day

Lambofighter
09-04-2005, 09:32 AM
guys, where is on nordschleife Stars/Finish line?

dingo
09-04-2005, 09:39 AM

now imagine those poor guys who live on an island and would have to fly for 24hrs to get there...... :P

Wutputt
09-04-2005, 04:31 PM
guys, where is on nordschleife Stars/Finish line?
The Start/finish line for public days is indicated with the red arrow.

On the race days when to total track (GP Strecke + Nordschleife) is used, they use the start finish line of the GP Strecke.

In the really old days there also was a Sudschleife. It doesn't exists any more these dats. But to get an idea how big it was and where it was located. The GP Strecke (current F1 track) is build within the old Sudschleife.

draak666
09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
WOW :shock: This topic is about to celebrate it's second birthday! I can't even remember having posted a message two years ago. :D

And to answer the new question: the new start/finish is at the long straight and the old one is where the new track joins the old track. :wink: