PDA

View Full Version : My Aprilia RS 50

TopGearNL
09-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Its a bike, but it only has 50 CC because thats the limit in Holland.
It will do a 100 Km an hour, has 6 gears and a noise, wow :)
Ill try and see to make a vid about it.

Photo's available on my profile
:arrow: http://www.scooter-freaks.nl/persoscoots/viewperso.php?id=27422

Say what you like about it, good and bad :wink:

:!: Proof thats it mine, look at the last column above the pictures, I left a message for you all :!:

TopGearNL
09-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I also hate them, may be for the riders that use to ride these bikes here: with modificated exhausts doing a horrible noise... I'm afraid this bike won't have a lot of success here in JW :? ...

Guys guys, I can respect your opinion, but consider that Im only a 16 year old boy and don't have the option of a car. :(

Believe me, if you were 16 and living in Holland, you would have one, I say no more :)

A car is always better then this, but you should be able to drive that car, and you have to be 18 years of age in Holland, not 16 guys, 18 :!: :wink:

cooperluke
09-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Hum... it sound like a vacuum cleaner.... :(

But I rented one during my Summer Holidays and it was quite fun! (Exception for the sound, of course!)

:)

TopGearNL
09-07-2004, 03:15 PM

But I rented one during my Summer Holidays and it was quite fun! (Exception for the sound, of course!)

Mine sounds like a motorcycle, so you can drop the vacuum cleaner idea, and by the way it is as big as a motorcycle :roll:

Sorry, but I have to defend my Aprilia :)

TT
09-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Any chance you could shoot a custom pic? ;)

corvette97
09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
i thought it was the red one :lol:

sorry dude, nice... ehm...bike? or whatever that is..

i would like one to hang around, i have a vid of a guy doing wheelis in a similar thing 8)

TopGearNL
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Any chance you could shoot a custom pic? ;)

This is a stupid question, but what doe you mean, and how do I do it? :|

TransAm
09-08-2004, 10:50 AM

Mine sounds like a motorcycle, so you can drop the vacuum cleaner idea, and by the way it is as big as a motorcycle :roll:

Sorry, but I have to defend my Aprilia :)

Most if not all of the people who are arguing against you and saying that your bike is crap were riding bicycles at the age of 16 and 17! Perhaps their mummies and daddies wouldn't let them have a nasty motorbike?! I had a Yamaha DT50MX when I was 16. One of my friends had an Aprillia 50, I think it was the AF50, and it was tons faster than our Japanese efforts! Yes, 100km/h or even 110km/h is easily possible derestricted (these bikes are restricted to 45km/h in the UK) and is quite a feat considering we are talking 7hp here...

Yes 50cc is pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of cars and full-sizr motorcycles, but it's the first step into the world of cars or bikes for a lot of us and teaches you a lot more road sense and consideration for motorcycles, setting you up nicely for when you do get a car.

Good on you NL, for being proud of what you have. You get more respect from me for having a 1500Euro motorbike and being proud of it, than showing pics of a twenty thousand dollar/euro/pound car that your parents have bought you... :lol: I bet you paid for your Aprilia yourself, or are paying for it on finance, even if it is a parental loan, right?

By the way, a JW custom pic is where you take a picture of the Aprilia manual or keys sat on the rear of the vehicle, just above the taillight. :D

DjPtsatsot
09-08-2004, 01:27 PM
so is yours that red one or the blue one? It might be too early for me, but it seems like the kickass bike says RS50 or something! That would be crazy and very cool

TopGearNL
09-08-2004, 02:02 PM
so is yours that red one or the blue one? It might be too early for me, but it seems like the kickass bike says RS50 or something! That would be crazy and very cool

The red one is mine, it is an Aprilia Rs 50, fine for me now, and kickass for sure :wink:

Some people here think that its like an vacuum cleaner, but 50 cc for a lightweight bike like this, its very fast and very quick :)
The power to weight ratio is what matters, not the power itself :!:

topgeartom
09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
It'sa dam cool bike, even if it does sound like a Hairdryer or laughing gas. :wink:

TopGearNL
09-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Good on you NL, for being proud of what you have. You get more respect from me for having a 1500Euro motorbike and being proud of it, than showing pics of a twenty thousand dollar/euro/pound car that your parents have bought you... :lol: I bet you paid for your Aprilia yourself, or are paying for it on finance, even if it is a parental loan, right?

By the way, a JW custom pic is where you take a picture of the Aprilia manual or keys sat on the rear of the vehicle, just above the taillight.

I paid for it myself yes, and it was 1600 euro's, you were pretty close so it shows you know something about these Bikes :)

I still don't understand the custom shot pic idea, do I have to put my keys on my buddyseat and then take a picture??? :?

TransAm
09-08-2004, 03:18 PM
I paid for it myself yes, and it was 1600 euro's, you were pretty close so it shows you know something about these Bikes :)

I still don't understand the custom shot pic idea, do I have to put my keys on my buddyseat and then take a picture??? :?

Thats right, keys (or the aprilia owners manual if you have it) on the buddyseat, then take a pic!

TopGearNL
09-08-2004, 04:51 PM

Thats right, keys (or the aprilia owners manual if you have it) on the buddyseat, then take a pic!

Got it, Ill do it tomorrow with my keys on it since that I do not have the manual of the bike anymore, thanks guys :)